26.09.12

Michelle Trachtenberg attended the 2012 Metropolitan Opera Season Opening Night performance of ‘L’Elisir D’Amore’ on Monday in New York City.

The ‘Gossip Girl’ star donned a Notte by Marchesa blue strapless gown with a textured taffeta bodice and a chiffon pleated skirt. I can’t get over how cinched in her waist is here…can she breathe?

What I love most about this look is her statement necklace, but I find the matching cuff wasn’t needed.

A bejewelled Marchesa clutch, simple ponytail and flawless makeup completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Livia Firth In Vintage Alberta Ferretti - amfAR Benefit Gala 2012

Livia Firth In Vintage Alberta Ferretti – amfAR Benefit Gala 2012

Kaley Cuoco In Collette Dinnigan - Late Show With David Letterman

Kaley Cuoco In Collette Dinnigan – Late Show With David Letterman

13 Responses to Michelle Trachtenberg In Notte by Marchesa – 2012 Metropolitan Opera Season Opening Night

1. dee September 26, 2012 at 16:38 #

I love her necklace but it’s lost in her dress. I like the color of her dress against her pale skin and her eyes.

2. Moxie September 26, 2012 at 16:49 #

I like the necklace, but it is getting lost in the crumb catcher bustline. I don’t think this was the best dress to wear the necklace with.

• Yeliz September 26, 2012 at 17:42 #

I agree. I do like the gown, but the necklace is definitely getting lost.

3. Amy September 26, 2012 at 17:11 #

I love everything about this! she looks gorgeous.The color looks so vibrant with her pale skin, and i like how it matches her eyes

• Joan September 26, 2012 at 22:24 #

4. Rebecca Z September 26, 2012 at 17:55 #

I agree with dee and Moxie–the dress and the necklace are both spectacular, but not together. She looks amazing anyway.

5. robbie September 26, 2012 at 19:23 #

dont like the bust of the dress but the rest of the dress is pretty, the cuff and necklace together is off putting. if the bust of the dress was simple the necklace would be perfect.

6. Nat39 September 26, 2012 at 20:12 #

The textured taffeta bodice is such a standout feature, I don’t think she needed such a super statement necklace here, wish she’d opted for small stud earrings instead, and perhaps a coctail ring instead of the bracelet.

7. Noemi September 26, 2012 at 20:41 #

I like the necklace but not with the neckline, it’s a bit too much, in my opinion. All these celebrities, models and designers go there because they love opera or because they’re invited? A friend of mine will conduct another opera at Met, I’m curious to know who he will meet…

8. andrea September 26, 2012 at 21:17 #

Way too much bling. The clutch alone would have been perfect. Necklaces have taken a backseat to design appreciation lately (if I may humbly opine) – did anybody else notice there wasnt a single necklace at the Emmy’s….

9. Odette September 26, 2012 at 22:47 #

Michelle is curvy I love her for it and her clothes are usually very flattering.
    She often looks better than the model.

She is a great role model for being confident.

10. Christine September 26, 2012 at 22:58 #

Not liking the necklace with this look and also not liking the bodice.

11. EmmaWoodhouse September 28, 2012 at 13:43 #

BDOTW-worthy! I don’t even mind the necklace with the dress. Both are gorgeous and might have overpowered the other, but she makes it work. Her eyes really pop with this.