Zac Posen was joined on the red carpet by supermodels Crystal Renn and Erin O’Connor for the 2012 Metropolitan Opera Season Opening Night performance of ‘L’Elisir D’Amore’ at The Metropolitan Opera House in New York City on Monday night.

The supers were of course wearing glamorous Zac Posen gowns.

Crystal stuns in an emerald taffeta-and-tulle ball gown which she styled with David Webb ‘Monkey’ earrings in yellow gold and green onyx.

I wasn’t so excited about Erin’s look.

Her Zac Posen Resort 2013 draped bustier gown is gorgeous, but she looks so washed out in this cream gown with ghostly makeup.

It may have worked in the look book, but in real life without the lighting and the photoshopping, not so much.

Even her colourful David Webb necklace can’t lift this look for me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Victoria Beckham's Lanvin Crazy Oxford Wedges

Victoria Beckham’s Lanvin Crazy Oxford Wedges

Salvatore Ferragamo Spring 2013

Salvatore Ferragamo Spring 2013

11 Responses to Crystal Renn and Erin O’Connor In Zac Posen – 2012 Metropolitan Opera Season Opening Night

1. Mick September 26, 2012 at 15:31 #

Both dresses work more in the lookbook than in real life I think. Also, the rose-boobs of the cream dress remind me a lot of the Dior gown Charlize Theron wore at the Oscars a couple of years ago (i.e. http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/2010oscars_charlizetheron.jpg)

• EmmaWoodhouse September 28, 2012 at 13:40 #

Yes, it reminded me of that too! Haha, I love the green gown but if I were Erin I would have picked that one–she WAS the lookbook model after all.

2. dee September 26, 2012 at 16:36 #

I wish Crystal didn’t try to match her earrings to her gown. Not liking the earrings she is wearing. The gown looks nice on her but neither model is wowing me.

3. Yeliz September 26, 2012 at 17:39 #

Crystal looks stunning and I love Erin’s gown. But only in the lookbook.

4. elena September 26, 2012 at 17:52 #

the cream dress really looks like the pink Christian Dior that Charlize Theron wore at the 2010 Oscar to me..

5. Kathy September 26, 2012 at 19:10 #

Their expressions are so spiritless and uninterested. At least look a little alive! The gowns are gorgeous but there’s nothing exciting about the models wearing them. At all.

6. robbie September 26, 2012 at 19:27 #

scarlett ohara would be in love with that green dress it is absolutely gorgeous, i wish crystal would cool it down with the “look” she always looks angry, like the popular girl in high school. she should try a more “softer” approach at least once.

erin looks alright, much better in the lookbook photos. the dress definitely has a dior vibe to it.

• Camellia September 27, 2012 at 07:55 #

Scarlett O’Hara was my first thought too when I saw the emerald dress. Crystal’s hairstyle only emphasises the likeness.

7. Christine September 26, 2012 at 23:00 #

Love Crystal Renn’s gown more.

8. snowlion September 27, 2012 at 10:26 #

Love Erin, she looks statuesque, classic and interesting… Crystal no so much.

9. Sharron October 1, 2012 at 02:28 #

Crystal looks amazing! Glamour like Scarlett O’Hara. The other dress could have been styled differently…