23.09.12

Ariel Winter In Katharine Kidd – 2012 Emmy Awards

First up on the red carpet at the 2012 Emmy Awards is young Ariel Winter.

The ‘Modern Family’ actress opted for a Katharine Kidd floral halter dress with criss-cross back and a rise-and-fall hemline with a long train.

I would’ve loved to have seen her wearing silver strappy sandals with this dress, but she wore grey satin Brian Atwood pumps.

My first thought when I saw this dress is something is missing…a clutch or a belt perhaps? What do you think?

A side-swept bun and Meira T jewelry completed her cute look.

Credit: Getty

Sarah Hyland In Camilla & Marc - 'Modern Family' Sydney Photocall

Sarah Hyland In Camilla & Marc – ‘Modern Family’ Sydney Photocall

Giuliana Rancic In Romona Keveza - 2012 Emmy Awards

Giuliana Rancic In Romona Keveza – 2012 Emmy Awards

25 Responses to Ariel Winter In Katharine Kidd – 2012 Emmy Awards

1. Yeliz September 23, 2012 at 23:19 #

A clutch isn’t really missing IMO, but maybe a belt. But she looks beautiful nonetheless. I love the back of this dress.

2. Jones19 September 23, 2012 at 23:22 #

A very nice but pretty boring look.

3. Ade September 23, 2012 at 23:23 #

I think it’s just an ugly dress with an even uglier styling

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) September 23, 2012 at 23:41 #

+1. I was trying to be a hair nicer, but yes, ugly covers it nicely…

• noo September 24, 2012 at 00:01 #

unfortunately i agree!

• Alina September 24, 2012 at 04:21 #

I agree.

• Jordan September 24, 2012 at 04:37 #

She’s what? 14 years old? It’s age appropriate and she looks cute.

4. Ella September 23, 2012 at 23:26 #

Very age appropriate and the hair and make-up looks flawless. I would like to see a belt, though–just to add a little waist definition!

• Niki September 24, 2012 at 10:08 #

+1 Exactly what I was thinking

5. Christine September 23, 2012 at 23:27 #

The dress is cute but the shoes is not.

6. Nat39 September 23, 2012 at 23:37 #

The skirt is way too long for her, just hanging off her overwhelmingly, and without a doubt she needed a strappy sandal with this flowing rise and fall hemline. Not sure how a belt would’ve worked with the open back design but an addition of a clutch would’ve been nice.

• TL September 24, 2012 at 02:06 #

7. robbie September 23, 2012 at 23:40 #

dress is nice would have loved it if it wasnt for the shoe choice.

• tiffany September 24, 2012 at 22:29 #

8. Moxie September 23, 2012 at 23:41 #

I really like the dress and don’t mind the shoes (although something less heavy would have been better). I agree about something being missing… probably a belt.

9. Angela September 23, 2012 at 23:41 #

I actually love the dress, it fits her well, hair and makeup are flawless, the shoes are a bit heavy though. I didnt wanna see her with a clutch or belt, because I feel it would make her look a bit older than she is. She does a good job of looking young and beautiful and adorable, save the fashion forward looks for when she matures.

10. Hannah September 23, 2012 at 23:42 #

My issue is that her hair is conflicting with the dress. If she was going for edgy and modern she should have styled her hair accordingly. Also, I think a pop of bright colour, like fuschia, even if only via her nails, would have helped round off the look. To me it is missing a clutch and jewellery, a belt might have made it too casual somehow.

11. Noemi September 24, 2012 at 00:04 #

I don’t think that a belt would be right, considering the back of the dress, but the shoes, which I like, are a bit heavy for the dress. I think she needed some jewelry.

12. Zoe September 24, 2012 at 00:59 #

Ariel is a gorgeous girl, but her small frame is getting drowned in this dress. It’s also way too old of a look for her. If memory serves she’s not even fifteen year, so I want to see her in something bright and youthful.

13. Odette September 24, 2012 at 01:06 #

A metallic baby blue Kotur clutch, silver strappy sandals would’ve perfected the look.

But other than those two things, this look is age appropriate, colorful, interesting, unique and fun. Phew.

14. EmmaWoodhouse September 24, 2012 at 02:51 #

Fortunately it’s age-appropriate, but this is too long, too much, too heavy on her. It needs a belt, it would look great with a tea-length full skirt instead of that droopy thing, and her shoes are so dull. Neck up she’s great but I’ve got to say I just don’t like this look at all.

15. Aline September 24, 2012 at 06:52 #

From the ankles up, she looks as great as ever, IMO.

16. shap_half September 24, 2012 at 09:21 #

She looks cute. I think that a couple of things could have been improved (the shoes are too heavy for this dress especially because of the hem, and a thin belt would have created a better silhouette), but I think that she looks interesting and youthful.

17. Jess2 September 24, 2012 at 10:50 #

I was so excited about this look until I hit the shoes, then my heart sank!! Ankles up she looks so gorgeous!

18. lu September 24, 2012 at 17:56 #

She looks pretty and cute overall, but i agree, different shoes and no train would be better.