Sarah Jessica Parker In Valentino Couture – 2012 New York City Ballet Fall Gala

Sarah Jessica Parker attended the 2012 New York City Ballet Fall Gala, held at the David H. Koch Theater, Lincoln Center, yesterday evening.

She glided down the red carpet wearing a Valentino Fall 2012 Couture gown with a cape worn over her shoulders, as presented on the runway.

Thankfully she removed the cape at some point, so we could see her beautiful floral embroidered chiffon sleeveless gown.

With her hair styled into a high bun, she styled her look with a collection of Fred Leighton jewels, which included a flower necklace layered with two antique diamond riviere necklaces, antique diamond drop earrings, and two rings.

Shimmering pink bow-accented Christian Louboutin ‘Love Me’ pumps provided the finishing touch.

Do you like this look with or without the cape?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Wore Monique Lhuillier Better...Ginnifer Goodwin or Eva Longoria?

Who Wore Monique Lhuillier Better…Ginnifer Goodwin or Eva Longoria?

No. 21 Spring 2013

No. 21 Spring 2013

30 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Valentino Couture – 2012 New York City Ballet Fall Gala

1. Yeliz September 21, 2012 at 11:07 #

I love this gown and definitely prefer this look without the cape. Her accessories are too much, IMO.

2. dunzoo September 21, 2012 at 11:25 #

she looks great, the gown is beautiful. I prefer the look without the cape, SJP is too tiny to pull it off.

3. Natalie19 September 21, 2012 at 11:26 #

I love it!

From head to toe! Absolutely stunning! Also the makeup and hair are perfect

And i think it looks great both with cape and without

• Andrea September 21, 2012 at 16:38 #

It’s always interesting to watch SJP on a red carpet!

4. Naomie September 21, 2012 at 11:29 #

SJP sure knows how to bring the Wow factor to the red carpet. I think the look is much better without the cape, but I do appreciate that she started with it.

5. jo September 21, 2012 at 11:38 #

Without the cape, she looks very beautiful but I think that she looks better without such a heavy eye make-up.

6. Lily September 21, 2012 at 11:41 #

Without the cape this dress would be gentle and sexy.

7. Noemi September 21, 2012 at 11:52 #

I prefer the look without the cape, because it’s a beautiful piece of couture, but the fabric is too rigid and I think it’s difficult to pull off if you’re not very tall. She definitely looks amazing and the shoes are so beautiful.

8. EmmaWoodhouse September 21, 2012 at 12:58 #

Prefer the look without the cape, because the stiffness adds unnecessazry formality to this otherwise ethereal, soft, fairy-like look. Cape aside, this is the best she’s looked in a long time.

9. noo September 21, 2012 at 13:01 #

AMAZING :D I loved it with the cape because it matched sjp’s fahionista personality! then i saw t without the cape and i was blown away with that sleeve detail that gives the gown a special feel :D

10. dag September 21, 2012 at 13:29 #

Without the cape absolutely, but still the dress looks too big for SJP. I like that she put the necklase under the dress, funny detail.

11. Lalitha September 21, 2012 at 13:33 #

God how I love the earrings and the 2 antique diamond necklaces! She looks lovely but I prefer the ensemble without the cape. It’s too distracting and too much!

12. Bluebelll September 21, 2012 at 13:43 #

Absolutely hate the gown, but the coat and the necklace are amazing

13. Beta September 21, 2012 at 13:54 #

id rather without the cape
    the pageant queen hairstyle and the 1dollar fake flower are not of my taste either
    but the jewels, the gown and the shoes are amazing!

14. couturecoco September 21, 2012 at 14:05 #

Without the cape – she should know that – the dress is beautiful enough and her frame can’t take the it as is off the runway, they should have scaled it down for her or made it into a capelet. I think her necklace and gold belt additions are stunning.

15. Christine September 21, 2012 at 14:06 #

Works better without the overwhelming cape. She knows how to work and present a dress, for sure.

16. Grace Patricia September 21, 2012 at 14:20 #

Mesmerizing.

17. andrea September 21, 2012 at 14:21 #

I am not wowed by this. The necklaces were too much.

• GiGi September 21, 2012 at 15:00 #

You are so right. With the cape, she looks like she raided her grandma’s closet. Just the dress.. without the necklaces (gorgeous tho they are) would have been plenty.

18. CreoleLady September 21, 2012 at 14:26 #

Too much material and not enough Parker — and that’s with and without the cape. This look is wearing her and not the other way around. Plus the color does nothing for her.

19. Alina September 21, 2012 at 14:39 #

Without the cape.

I don’t like the hairstyle and the heavy eye-makeup.

20. Molly September 21, 2012 at 14:53 #

My goodness, there is a lot going on here, particularly from the chest up. Not one of my favorite looks,although I appreciate what she is going for.

21. anna September 21, 2012 at 16:14 #

Love the look without the cape, at least from the neck down. It think the hair is too…heavy looking and I don’t think I have ever approved of her make-up.

22. Samantha September 21, 2012 at 16:27 #

NO NO NO to the cape! She is too petite to pull this off, eye make up is too heavy. The dress is beautiful but i think it is more suited to an outdoor event.

23. Rebecca Z September 21, 2012 at 17:12 #

The dress is beautiful but the cape is too much. I also agree with the negative comments on her accessories–the flower necklace would have been perfect without the other one and I hate her purse. I get the makeup and hair–it is a dramatic event and her dress has a 60’s vibe.

24. Joy September 21, 2012 at 17:43 #

I’m on the fence here. I love & respect Valentino so much. This is a gorgeous gown and I’m loving how Sarah pulled it all together with the hair, jewelry and shoes but she looks sort of small in the dress. I’m not sure she carries it. For me she is just too petite to do justice for this gorgeous gown.

25. TeaAtTwo September 21, 2012 at 17:54 #

I like the cape but it feels too much on petite SJP as the dress by itself already looks too long on her.

26. robbie September 21, 2012 at 18:09 #

looks a lot better without the cape, my only complaint her make-up such heavy dark eye make-up does not flatter her, it makes her eyes look tiny. LOVE the shoe choice.

27. Rashmi September 21, 2012 at 18:49 #

So in love with the closeup shot! SJP cant do anything wrong in my eyes!
    She is always fun on the red carpet and never boring! This is BDOTW for me!

28. Jones19 September 21, 2012 at 22:48 #

I love this look without the cape, with the cape it’s just too much for the red carpet.