14.09.12 Premiere

Datoka Fanning In Stella McCartney – ‘Now Is Good’ London Premiere

Dakota Fanning hit the red carpet at the The Curzon in Mayfair, London, yesterday evening for the premiere of her latest movie ‘Now Is Good’.

The young actress wore a beautiful Stella McCartney nude sequined body-hugging gown.

I love the gown, but it’s so not right for Dakota. I wish she’d opted for something younger and more whimsical; this feels too grown up for her.

Save this for the Eva Mendes and Mariah Careys of this world.

Dakota styled her look with metallic Jimmy Choo ‘Zambia’ sandals, a J/Hadley pink ring and a Lanvin envelope clutch.

The other thing I’m not loving about this look is that her hair and makeup are, as always, exactly the same.

Credit: Getty

Gucci To Dress Florence Welch For ‘Ceremonials’ Tour

Gucci To Dress Florence Welch For ‘Ceremonials’ Tour

Celebrities Love…Camouflage Jackets

Celebrities Love…Camouflage Jackets

24 Responses to Datoka Fanning In Stella McCartney – ‘Now Is Good’ London Premiere

1. Yeliz September 14, 2012 at 17:29 #

This could have been stunning if she had worn her hair in an updo. She should also get rid of that orange eyeshadow which she seems to apply every time. Not a BDOTW contender.

2. Alina September 14, 2012 at 17:37 #

Kate Hudson and this dress … *swoon*

3. Noemi September 14, 2012 at 17:40 #

Beautiful dress but not for her, the color isn’t flattering for her skin and a bit of make up wouldn’t have been a bad idea…

4. andrea September 14, 2012 at 17:48 #

This is a suitable look for Dakota. I like that its glam and unfussy all at the same time.

5. Erika September 14, 2012 at 18:05 #

FC, you’re so right about the hair and make up! She always bores me and it’s such a shame because even her little sister Elle takes bigger risks at fashion :/

6. Zmia September 14, 2012 at 18:11 #

she is too young to wear this dress

• EmmaWoodhouse September 14, 2012 at 21:38 #

Totally. It makes her look like a little girl playing dress up. I wish that she had gone with something in a bright color and in a more whimsical, youthful style. Plus, a CHANGE IN HAIR WOULDN’T HURT!!! Haha I am so sick of the one style.

7. Malinda Jane September 14, 2012 at 18:12 #

Never knew a sequined dress could look so somber. I wish she’d added some fun accessories, that would’ve helped. Even a necklace would’ve made this look less bare.

8. Odette September 14, 2012 at 18:44 #

FC, as you are most aware, Kristen Stewart, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Aniston and Dakota Fanning prove that we must accept that there are certain battles in life we cannot win.

*Sigh*

9. CreoleLady September 14, 2012 at 18:47 #

I’m rubbing my eyes because I can’t believe how much I like a Stella McC dress. Hopefully, my eyes don’t now look like Dakota’s — that orange eye makeup is ghastly.

10. Nat39 September 14, 2012 at 18:51 #

I actually think that it was a good idea to keep her hair and makeup this way, it keeps the look youthful – with an updo and more makeup, this already mature look would’ve gone way overboard for young Dakota. I’d certainly prefer to see this gown on someone more mature, with more stature and mature sex appeal.

11. mm September 14, 2012 at 19:30 #

some J Lo waves if she wants to keep that middle part. on second thought her hair is always the same i might not like a different hairstyle

12. Vanashree September 14, 2012 at 20:34 #

FC…its Dakota :)…and yes even i feel this is slightly grown up look for her

13. Hannah September 14, 2012 at 22:03 #

I really shouldn’t, but I find this so, so blah. I seriously dislike the colour with her skintone, her makeup is doing nothing for her at all (a litte blusher would go a long way IMO), her hair is sad, and I find this dress just so ordinary. It could be beautiful, but it has nothing special about it.
    I feel like Heidi Klum has done this dress before.

14. Shaina September 14, 2012 at 22:51 #

I don’t think this is too grown up for her, she’s 18 now. But I agree that this look is very boring. Dakota is starting to really bore me with her choices.

15. Dhppy September 14, 2012 at 22:52 #

Yes, this dress is a little old for her, but she does seem to fare best in dresses that are spare and close the body.

16. Kathy September 14, 2012 at 22:56 #

To me it’s not that the dress is too grown-up for her, since it’s not revealing or overly tight. She’s just not tall enough, unfortunately, and the color washes out her already pale skin.

17. Taksi September 15, 2012 at 00:14 #

I think it’s a nice change of pace.

18. pipsqueak September 15, 2012 at 03:17 #

I don’t mind the same hair or make-up. The real problem is that she doesn’t seem to have any personality on the red carpet (or anywhere), which makes all her looks boring and listless to me. Sofia Coppola and Clemence Poesy hardly smile or change their hair/make-up on the red carpet either, but they’re mesmerizing.

19. Uri September 15, 2012 at 07:37 #

No No No. This is all wrong! Dakota Fanning should not be wearing this kind of dresses at all. First of all, as much as it it hard to admit it, she just doesn’t have the curves to pull it off. Secondly, this nude sparkly fabric make her skin look pale and her bright yellow hair doesn’t make it better.
    I think Dakota should follow Emma Watson’s footsteps and go for younger, fresher looks, instead of these extravagant dresses.

20. Director September 15, 2012 at 08:05 #

I don’t think this is too grown up for her – this is just enough. it’s not like she’s showing off her goods or anything, it’s a nice gown, great silhouette, looks good on her. it’s her hair that sucks. and makeup. she had to play it up in that department, make it shine, stand out a bit

21. Chloe September 15, 2012 at 14:28 #

It’s such a pain seeing her on the red carpet

22. Christine September 15, 2012 at 21:23 #

Not a great look. It would be nice to see her taking a risk on the RC.

23. Zissou September 16, 2012 at 16:48 #

Is she somehow contractually obligated to keep this hair colour? I really don’t get it.