14.09.12

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Beulah – Assyakirin Mosque Visit

Earlier today, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge continued their South-East Asian tour by visiting the Assyakirin mosque in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

The Duchess wore a Beulah ‘Sabitri’ powder-blue knee-length dress with billowing sleeves and a button-down front, which she of course paired with L.K. Bennett nude pumps.

In the mosque the Duchess observed Islamic religious laws by covering her head (with a scarf which matched her dress) and removing her shoes.

Drop earrings and her gold L.K. Bennett clutch completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Mandy Moore's Loeffler Randall Blaise Printed Loafers, Loeffler Randall Rider Top Handle Bag And Rebecca Taylor Peplum Top

Mandy Moore’s Loeffler Randall Blaise Printed Loafers, Loeffler Randall Rider Top Handle Bag And Rebecca Taylor Peplum Top

Christina Hendricks In Ports 1961 - ‘Ginger & Rosa’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Christina Hendricks In Ports 1961 – ‘Ginger & Rosa’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

14 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Beulah – Assyakirin Mosque Visit

1. cedric September 14, 2012 at 15:02 #

someone explain me, her things with these shoes because seriouslu sh’s maybe beautiful and this all praise to her because sh’s maried william
    this girl bored me and these shoes ohh these shoes make me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• gabis September 14, 2012 at 15:26 #

That’s probably her fav shoes. I dont really see what’s wrong with that. She likes them, they are true to her style and therefore match many of her looks, again nothing wrong with that. She’s on official visits, her appearances are not about fashion, so I understand why she doesn’t care to be seen with the same clothes and shoes everywhere.
      And I think she looks lovely here. I was surprised to see she is wearing tights! They match so perfectly her skin color that would’ve never guessed.

2. NH September 14, 2012 at 15:19 #

She married a prince, isn’t she suppose to wear Cinderella shoes all the time :P…I am waiting for that day where she actually wears a gorgeous heels

btw in mosque you need to be covered head to toe…the fact that she is showing her legs is not respectable

• Alina September 14, 2012 at 16:12 #

Ditto.

Am I the only one who thinks she looks pregnant here?

• Vera September 14, 2012 at 17:02 #

If you are a guest, NH, you can show your legs. They don’t ask you to cover yourself completely, just your head and shoulders (I was asked to cover my shoulders in a catholic church in Rome). I didn’t have any problem wearing skirts just below knee. Besides, she is wearing tights.

• NH September 14, 2012 at 23:21 #

catholic church is not the same as mosque…trust me I have been in a mosque and they don’t allow you

• noo September 14, 2012 at 22:55 #

As a muslim i really wasn’t bothered at all! regardless, i think that her fashion choices for the trip were researched for months and had there been concerns over her legs showing they would have come up in the planning stages!
      And it’s also worth remembering that princess diana wore the same length when she visited mosques in egypt and pakistan in 1992!

3. EmmaWoodhouse September 14, 2012 at 15:38 #

Love the look with the scarf–so light and elegant. I also really like the sleeves on this look.

• Yeliz September 14, 2012 at 17:20 #

Me too.

4. moja31 September 14, 2012 at 15:43 #

once again all these pale colors she favors, really don’t do anything for her. she should have opted for a long skirt, or trousers & a tunic dress, exposed legs in a mosque are a no no.

5. dee September 14, 2012 at 16:15 #

I think she looks pretty without those shoes of course. The thing about Kate I really like is she seems so happy because she smiles most of the time. Her smile seems genuine.

• kiwi September 14, 2012 at 16:34 #

6. Kaz September 15, 2012 at 07:10 #

Absolutely beautiful colour and the lightness of the fabric is gorgeous.

I love your shot selections of the royal couple, FC! You have a real eye. My favourite here is the shoes…

Have a great weekend and safe flight back to London x

• Fashion Critic September 15, 2012 at 13:54 #

thanks…I got back home yesterday and I’m missing NY already.

Have a great weekend x