12.09.12 X Factor

Britney Spears In Stella McCartney – X Factor Season Premiere

Britney Spears was spotted headed to the Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood, California on Tuesday evening for the season premiere of the X Factor.

She opted to wear a Stella McCartney Pre-Fall 2012 dress.

The ornate floral print on bold electric blue makes for a gorgeous dress, but it’s a size too small for her.

I know many of you are hoping I will get excited about Britney’s style on the X Factor, but even if she wears Elie Saab Couture on this show she will fail to excite me.

You may remember that Kerry Washington wore this dress back in April.

You can buy Britney’s Stella McCartney dress from Neiman Marcus, farfetch.com and Matches Fashion.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kristen Stewart's 10 Crosby Derek Lam Long Sleeve Plaid Print Crew Neck Dress

Kristen Stewart’s 10 Crosby Derek Lam Long Sleeve Plaid Print Crew Neck Dress

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham - Pastis

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham – Pastis

45 Responses to Britney Spears In Stella McCartney – X Factor Season Premiere

1. Alina September 12, 2012 at 05:21 #

This is better, but not good …

• tiffany September 12, 2012 at 21:21 #

right. at least it’s not a bandage dress.

2. AJ September 12, 2012 at 05:27 #

I think this is just an unflattering picture. She’s pretty, the dress is gorgeous, and together they look great to me!

3. Emmeline September 12, 2012 at 05:29 #

I shudder to think what she could do to an Elie Saab Couture.

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2012 at 05:38 #

I do too.

• Noemi September 12, 2012 at 13:28 #

I hope we will never know… this dress is not the most beautiful dress of the world, but it doesn’t deserve to look worse than it is.

• EmmaWoodhouse September 13, 2012 at 13:11 #

*gasp of horror* OH MY GOSH let’s not even think of that!

4. Andy September 12, 2012 at 05:32 #

I, for one, think she looks absolutely amazing. Yes, the dress might be a tad tight, but overall it’s a big step up from the usual bandage dresses she normally wears, and I hope her team continues to update her look as the season goes on. The new hair color is on point too.

Just curious, but what designer would you like to see her wear FC?

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2012 at 05:38 #

Honestly I don’t really care. She bores me, she has no presence, I find her to be totally disingenuous and I hate that fake smile. She is painful to watch.

• Vera September 12, 2012 at 13:37 #

…and this is the woman whose song I was listening at the age of 9!.. How painful to see her now. Sometimes it’s better for the producers not to show the stars of the old days to public.

5. Kimi September 12, 2012 at 05:55 #

Actually a step up, though it does look pretty unflattering. But on Ellen Degeneres, either a few days ago or so, I thought she looked lovely. It was a red dress…just don’t know who designed it. And it looked like her style team is finally finding their niche…I hope!

• Amy September 12, 2012 at 10:23 #

I did see her in Ellen, I was so shocked that I wrote a comment about it on this website.
      But I don’t have high hopes, soon she’ll probably be back in Herve Leger

• Saree September 12, 2012 at 14:06 #

That was actually an Alexander McQueen dress – and probably the best look so far for this X-Factor run. As much as I like Britney, it does pain me to see these questionable choices every time. If she loses the extensions or hires a proper hairdresser, wear a proper bra and ditch the need to tight dresses, she could look GREAT – tight dresses do not always denote sexiness.

But like other commenters and even in her recent interview with Elle, it just isn’t her thing to always look a million dollars. And to be honest, as much as I like seeing celebs look gorgeous and stylish etc.. I actually salute Britney, one of the biggest pop stars ever, to just not be bothered about the glam life. For someone who was (is?) so controlled with her image growing up, by her team and the media, she grew to not care about how she should represent herself. I think that is great – she hasn’t succumb to portraying herself in a way the media expects women and femininity to be displayed…. These choices however, are more of a scream to appear sexy, rather than presentable.

• Jones19 September 12, 2012 at 22:32 #

Her look on Ellen was really good.

6. Sarah September 12, 2012 at 06:14 #

You picked a really unflattering picture of her. She looks great in that dress.

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2012 at 06:21 #

thanks for the information

• Erin September 13, 2012 at 12:52 #

I also have seen better pictures of her in that dress. And I think her weave looks clean!

7. Beta September 12, 2012 at 06:57 #

mmm yes, Brit does tend to pic her dresses a size too small or the hem to short *shake head*
    The dress is lovely and Kerry W. rocks it, Brit looks suffocated :P

8. yusofzainal September 12, 2012 at 07:14 #

she should’ve hired a new team of stylists…too many misses in the red carpet…she looks better on ELLEN show…please change ur stylists britney…i dont want u to keep dissapointing ur millions fans…i hate that smile too, not so genuine…

9. Yeliz September 12, 2012 at 07:32 #

I’m glad she didn’t wore another bandage dress, but still she never gets me excited.

10. Anne g September 12, 2012 at 07:40 #

MY eyes, my eyes, you make me blind, britney. WTF. Your Hair are terrible, britney.

11. Andrea September 12, 2012 at 07:50 #

It’s an improvement for her, but she just looks uncomfortable. Her heart isn’t in it. When it comes down to it, Britney is just not a stylish girl. You can basically see in every picture of her that she would really rather just be in a tank top and cut offs with two day old make up on and five days between her and a hair brush…maybe time to stop featuring her, FC?

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2012 at 11:06 #

I think you are right

• rita September 12, 2012 at 11:50 #

Agree! There is nothing wrong with not being stylish but this is a fashion blog and I speak for everyone when I say that it’s just painful to watch who obviously doesn’t care about fashion. Why should we care too?

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2012 at 12:01 #

Amen.

12. Fiona September 12, 2012 at 09:25 #

Yes, a step up from her usual looks, but she has picked it too small of course and has changed the look for the worse. Even in Stella McCartney she manages to look trashy, it baffles me.

13. Amy September 12, 2012 at 10:21 #

I like the dress, I think the picture chosen here is not the best. I’m so glad she’s not wearing some Herve Leger.
    I’m quite surprised by FC reaction about her, it seems like you really despise her, lol.
    Anyway her team needs to up the game

14. Markness September 12, 2012 at 12:35 #

Oh! But I love her so much FC! I guess you can just ID all the looks she’s gonna wear (hoping no more Herve Leger). I think she’s very uncomfortable now. I remember before she would smile so genuinely. I think she has doubts or something. I hope she’s happy on the inside, with being engaged and everything.

I don’t think she’ll ever do Elie Saab. Elie Saab dresses are ethereal and flowy while I think Brit loves them bodycon. But we’ll see! :)

15. Kateryna September 12, 2012 at 13:23 #

Stella produces quite a lot of not very flattering dresses and this one is just one of them. This electric blue does not go with the flowery pattern and looks especially ugly with the pants. Britney Spears never looks good, it is a fact. Someone with her calves should not wear such type of shoes.

16. Priscila September 12, 2012 at 16:11 #

I understand that you write you opinions, but I’m surprised by your negativity, FC.

She looks fine and looked great in the red dress and even if you think she looks terrible I think it is pessimist to say she will never excite you. How can you determinate that she will never look good? Your opinions on her personal life, feelings and appearance are also completly unnecessary.

Fashion should be fun and beautiful. You sound unhappy today.

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2012 at 16:30 #

I don’t understand your comment. So are you saying I should pretend to like her?

I thought a blog was about expressing an opinion.

This will be my last post and comment on Britney since apparently I’m not allowed to dislike her style.

• Priscila September 13, 2012 at 02:00 #

I was obviously not talking about her clothes/hair/make-up. I was talking about this comment from FC: ” She bores me, she has no presence, I find her to be totally disingenuous and I hate that fake smile. She is painful to watch.” That was cruel and unnecessary.

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2012 at 11:00 #

moving on

• justme September 12, 2012 at 18:07 #

“Your opinions on her appearance are also completely unnecessary”

LOL really? We can’t talk about looks/outfits on a fashion blog? The irony.

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2012 at 18:38 #

“The irony” – Right!?!?!

• Erin September 13, 2012 at 12:54 #

yeah – seems like an over the top reaction.

17. dee September 12, 2012 at 16:12 #

This dress doesn’t work on her figure. The shoes are hot though.

18. Markness September 12, 2012 at 18:32 #

Now I don’t get this. Even though FC identify’s celebrity dresses, I think she still has her own say in how they look on the celebrity. She is FC =Fashion Critic after all. Everyone has their own opinion on things and sometimes they may not agree with yours. What you can do is state your opinions in the comments without hurting other’s feelings. It’s ok FC. I’m a big Britney fan and I do understand if you don’t like her style. But please keep featuring her on the site. I just wanna see who she’s wearing. Please? With cherries on top? :)

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2012 at 18:39 #

thanks…for that comment I will keep on keeping ;)

19. Christine September 13, 2012 at 02:28 #

Improvement but nothing special. I give her credit.

20. Leti September 13, 2012 at 03:39 #

I’m rooting for Britney, but the way she’s wearing this dress just ruins it for me.

21. Felicia September 13, 2012 at 05:08 #

I do agree that this picture is very unflattering. Probably the most unflattering of the lot I’ve seen.

I think she looks the best that she possibly could in this dress. Idk why she even wore it. Stella’s dresses are very one body type minded. They only suit the Rihanna’s and model figues imo.

It is an improvement. I’m a fan of her with long hair rather than short.

Overall she could’ve done better. Simple as.

But I still love her :D

22. AngeV September 13, 2012 at 11:22 #

Its doesn’t matter what this bird wears she never looks good.
    She always manages to make expensive clothes look cheap.
    In Australia where I’m from she’s known as a “bogan”
    with money .

23. EmmaWoodhouse September 13, 2012 at 13:14 #

This dress wasn’t great to start with, and she destroyed any potential it had.
    P.S. Everybody needs to stop picking on FC! This is HER blog, where she, more than anybody else, has the right to state her opinions. We should just be grateful that a) she so generously allows us to comment and b) that she even replies to our comments! I have never seen another blogger of this magnitude do that and it is a very gracious thing to do. Don’t let the negativity and criticism get to you, FC! <3

24. amparo September 21, 2012 at 22:12 #

I really think she looks horrible!! Like she was at least 50 years old.