10.09.12

Monique Lhuillier Spring 2013

When seated at the Monique Lhuillier Spring 2013 show, I was delighted to see so many celebrity stylists in the front row, because when it comes to red-carpet dresses and gowns, Monique Lhuillier is their go-to woman.

Inspired by water and the life of the sea, this season Monique introduced modern digital prints to her pieces for a refreshing twist, with peplum details also adding to the edgier flare.

Before we got to the gowns, we saw ladylike sheath dresses, bodycon dresses, kimono-sleeve blouses, fitted pants, peplum tops, and fit-and-flare dresses.

And then the gowns… oooh the gowns… draped, strapless, one-shoulder, embellished, lace, tulle, chiffon, printed and long sleeved; there was a gown for every red carpet or evening occasion.

The last 10 gowns had me craning my neck to get a closer look, especially the show-stopping gold coral-embroidered sculpted gown which closed the show.

Models sported lacquered, loose hair with the MAC team using Monique’s aquatic inspiration to give the models bold-blue or teal eyeshadow.

Since Monique has mastered gowns, she debuted her shoe collection during this presentation.

Front Row: Brad Goreski, Odette Annable, Padma Lakshmi

Favourites: Teal wave print gown and ink one-shoulder gown

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Leslie Mann, Malin Akerman, Elizabeth Banks, Nina Dobrev, Emmy Rossum, Ginnifer Goodwin, Kristen Bell, Emma Stone, Eva Amurri, Leslie Bibb, Rose McGowan, Jennifer Aniston and Lily Collins

Credit: Style.com

Lily Collins In Balmain - 'Writers' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Lily Collins In Balmain – ‘Writers’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Jordana Brewster's Madewell Scallop Lace Top

Jordana Brewster’s Madewell Scallop Lace Top

7 Responses to Monique Lhuillier Spring 2013

1. dee September 10, 2012 at 19:08 #

Love the collection. The colors, print and gowns are gorgeous.

2. Alina September 10, 2012 at 19:10 #

Love this collection!

Wish List :
    – Beyonce in Look 17
    – Emmy Rossum in Look 19
    – Blake Lively in Look 21
    – Kate Hudson in Look 31
    – Jennifer Lopez in Look 42

3. Marta September 10, 2012 at 19:17 #

I would love to see Nina Dobrev with the bright blue one.

4. Yeliz September 10, 2012 at 20:04 #

One of my favourite Spring 2013 collections for sure.

5. EmmaWoodhouse September 10, 2012 at 23:00 #

Monique always delivers! I didn’t like every single look but there was a lot to love.
    Look 1 for Kristen Stewart
    Look 3 for Elizabeth Banks
    Look 5 for Jennifer Aniston (You know she’s going to wear it lol)
    Look 9 for Anna Kendrick
    Look 10 for Emma Watson
    Look 17 for Diane Kruger
    Look 18 for Hailee Steinfeld
    Look 19 for Emma Stone (with her red hair it would look AMAZING)
    Look 20 for Jennifer Garner
    Look 25 for Jennifer Lawrence
    Look 32 for Nicole Kidman
    Look 31 for Kate Hudson
    Look 35 for Taylor Swift (it’s very different from her usual style but would look great for her new “minimalist” look)
    Look 41 for Cate Blanchett
    Look 42 for Anne Hathaway
    Look 43 Jennifer Lopez
    Look 45 Zoe Saldana

OKKKKKKKKKK I got way too carried away there! Turns out I just really loved the collection :D

6. Lola September 11, 2012 at 01:22 #

God, I love your FW coverage FC!!

Ok so I adore Monique Lhuillier and every look in this collection is stunning – HOWEVER, is anyone else getting a vibe of Alexander McQueen Spring 2010 RTW???

I think it’s the digital prints and “under the sea” inspiration. Sort of like M.L. has created a more feminine, more wearable version of a sophisticated work of art.

I wonder if I’m the only one who thinks this?

7. Ms. Odette September 11, 2012 at 02:29 #

I was severely disappointed by Jason Wu’s Fall-esque collection and Prabal Gurung’s worst collection he’s ever produced, but Monique did not disappoint. She used COLOR- tons of it, because it is SPRING.

Fingers crossed Lily Collins wears this collection.

Nina Dorobev surely will.