Nina Dobrev In Elie Saab – ‘Argo’ Premiere After Party

Nina Dobrev attended the Argo premiere after party at the Soho House during the 2012 Toronto Film Festival.

The actress looked gorgeous wearing a red hot Elie Saab Resort 2012 dress.

Her cap-sleeve dress with plunging neckline and folded peplum-detail was paired with lilac platform sandals, not an obvious combination, but one that works for me.

Enviable side-swept glossy curls, a bold red lip colour to match her dress and diamond earrings provided the finishing touches to her look.

The only thing I would do differently with this look is keep the belt.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

24 thoughts on “Nina Dobrev In Elie Saab – ‘Argo’ Premiere After Party

1. Yeliz

The red and lilac combination works for me too. And I also agree that it would be better if she had kept the belt, but she looks beautiful nonetheless.

2. CC

not crazy about that much cleavage. would be better suited for someone not so busty. it just looks un-ladylike to me. guess i’m getting conservative in my old age

CC

1. EmmaWoodhouse

Unladylike…yes, unfortunately it does. I agree with you. I preferred the runway magenta, but the neckline is too much, especially on someone with any shape. I love the peplum but miss the belt…and I’m not sure about the lilac accessories.

3. jo

I love this dress on her, not sure about the colour combo though. I don’t like lilac on it’s own so maybe that is why.

1. Fashion Critic Post author

If I had put up BDOTW now, people would’ve complained that I missed all the weekend Toronto premiere’s.

4. GeorgieS

Cool to see something a little different from mr Saab

She looks sexy and sophisticated at the same time – love the shoe color combo

5. lu

For me she hasn’t lok this good in a while. Red really suits her. I don’t miss the belt and the lilac shoes are an unexpective choice but they work well. Glad that she did something different with her hair other than straight locks. It is a little bit too much clevage but she get’s a pass since a love the entire look.

6. Rebecca Z

A little too much boob for me too–agree that this neckline works better on someone flatter, or maybe she needed a larger size. I see no logic in the lilac shoes–for me they cheapen this sophisticated dress, as does the loss of the belt. The shoes are a distraction.

7. robbie

glad to see she has done “something” with her hair for a change. the dress is alright much nicer on the model though.

8. Molly

I never would have thought that this was Elie Saab. I honestly thought that this was a cheaper brand like Reiss or ASOS- anything but Saab.

9. CreoleLady

Far more elegant on the model. Excessive boobage, the color change, the chop and the somewhat random shoes all cheapen the look for me.

10. Taksi

This look’s kind of a mess for me. The makeup’s garish; I don’t think that lip color is right for her coloring but coupled with the red dress, it’s too much. The cleavage takes the sophistication out of the dress. The lilac shoes are unexpected, I like them by themselves but they don’t go w/the dress.