08.09.12 Premiere

Kirsten Dunst In Christian Dior – ‘On The Road’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Kirsten Dunst attended the premiere of ‘On The Road’ at the Toronto Film Festival earlier this week.

The actress chose a blush Christian Dior gown for the event.

Both Kirsten and the gown are beautiful, but I’m not convinced they go together.

Although the dress is a great shape and fit on Kirsten, the hue seems to make her fair skin look far pinker than it actually is.

The hairstyle also looks a tad little-girlish, though the Swarovski hair pin is a nice touch – as is the Van Cleef & Arpels Lotus ring, but I’m not feeling that dark lip either.

Credit: Getty

Jason Wu Spring 2013

Jason Wu Spring 2013

Selena Gomez In Dolce & Gabbana - 'Spring Breakers' Toronto Film Festival

Selena Gomez In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Spring Breakers’ Toronto Film Festival

11 Responses to Kirsten Dunst In Christian Dior – ‘On The Road’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Anj September 8, 2012 at 20:13 #

I think she looks great! I can see somewhat what you mean with the skin tone, but it might just be the lighting or her makeup color.

2. EmmaWoodhouse September 8, 2012 at 20:27 #

Yes, both are beautiful. But you’re right–blush just isn’t a color for Kirsten. How about rich, cobalt or navy blue? If this dress were that color, I think it would be a BDOTW moment–and would also balance out the pretty (but girlish) hair with a measure of sophistication.

• CreoleLady September 8, 2012 at 21:28 #

ITA with your color assessment. Too bad because the dress is otherwise perfection.

• Alina September 9, 2012 at 06:20 #

I agree. This colour is just not right for her.

3. ash September 8, 2012 at 20:38 #

gorgeous dress,looks good on her!

4. JGH September 8, 2012 at 20:54 #

I absolutely love this and would love to see it included in BDOTW.

5. Mol September 8, 2012 at 21:24 #

I think it is just the color of her foundation that’s not working, otherwise, I think she looks classic and beautiful.

6. Marybeth September 8, 2012 at 21:50 #

I agree that the coloring is a bit off here. Whether it’s the lipstick, foundation, or dress that’s to blame, I’m not sure. I think FC may be right that this just is the worng shade of blush for her.

I greatly dislike the little-girl-going-to-a-birthday-party hair. If she had worn her hair in a soft updo or free flowing, I think the overall look would have been very nice, despite the color problem.

• lu September 9, 2012 at 17:11 #

7. Yeliz September 9, 2012 at 09:58 #

I don’t like her makeup and the hair pin is too girlish for my tastes. The fit of the dress is good, but the color is a problem for me as well.

8. Dhppy September 10, 2012 at 07:43 #

Yes, the hairstyle and the lip color are slightly off, but that dress makes up for absolutely everything else that may not have worked on her and anyone else in attendance. It is heaven