Rita Ora In Stéphane Rolland Couture – 2012 MTV Music Video Awards

Rita Ora’s second look was much improved from her red-carpet appearance at the 2012 MTV Music Video Awards on Thursday evening.

The British singer took to the stage to present an award to Chris Brown wearing a Stéphane Rolland Fall 2012 Couture gown.

I’m glad that someone other than Cheryl Cole is wearing a look by this very talented designer, and that the first person to wear this collection wasn’t Kim Kardashian.

Her white crepe gown with silicone white slices on the shoulders and a tan leather harness is one of Rita’s most elegant looks to date.

Elegant, while still maintaining her edge.

The white arm-warmers from the runway completed her look.

Credit: NYMag & Getty

Must-Have Monday

Must-Have Monday

Holland Roden In Pamella Roland - 2012 MTV Video Music Awards

Holland Roden In Pamella Roland – 2012 MTV Video Music Awards

27 Responses to Rita Ora In Stéphane Rolland Couture – 2012 MTV Music Video Awards

1. PePe September 7, 2012 at 06:49 #

too dressy for present an award, that dress is for red carpet.

• Fanny September 7, 2012 at 07:11 #

That’s what I thought!

• Yeliz September 7, 2012 at 08:55 #

• Maria66 September 7, 2012 at 11:51 #

i also agree.

• Christine September 7, 2012 at 12:32 #

Thought the same! That should’ve been saved for the RC. Great dress though.

• Jess2 September 7, 2012 at 12:58 #

I agree as well!

• Nat39 September 7, 2012 at 19:33 #

Not sure how it would translate on the red carpet, would probably end up looking ott costumey, but it would certainly be a great performance piece for a diva (thinking Beyonce).

2. Laura September 7, 2012 at 06:52 #

Amazing dress but i hate the hair and make up!

She is kinda ugly

• marie September 7, 2012 at 11:14 #

that’s rude..i thought we were only here to comment on the fashion, not on their faces or body..anyway, i love this, but she should have worn this on the red carpet for full impact instead of the jumpsuit

3. MEME September 7, 2012 at 07:17 #

Kim Kardashian will never wear that, even if Kanye West tried to make her…. she’s too tacky to appreciate Couture…

I loved the dress on Rita athough I didn’t like the gloves…. those should’ve stayed on the runway…. she should’ve worn this on the red carpet instead of that Pucci number….

4. Alina September 7, 2012 at 07:35 #

Love the dress on the runway, love the dress on her!

5. shoko September 7, 2012 at 10:20 #

i dont understand why would you be glad that kim is not the first one to wear from the collection …she looked amazing wearing the designer dress back at July 3, 2012 in Paris attending the fashion week

• Fashion Critic September 7, 2012 at 11:53 #

In my opinion she cheapens everything she wears

• Felicia September 7, 2012 at 15:32 #

+1 It’s a shame considering how beautiful she is. Guess beauty doesn’t really equal class

6. Markness September 7, 2012 at 10:36 #

I like this dress although I agree with everyone that this should be the red carpet number but I guess she wants to make a statement or something. She’s a new artist. Anyways, FC have you seen Ke$ha’s look? She designed it herself. :) You should definitely check it out. ;)

• Fashion Critic September 7, 2012 at 11:52 #

I don’t want to burn my eyes

• Michaboa September 7, 2012 at 15:55 #

LMAO!

• Markness September 7, 2012 at 16:00 #

Hahahaha! FC you crack me up! :))))

7. Laura September 7, 2012 at 10:38 #

Gorgeous dress, but i would have preferred if she had swapped this for the red carpet and well… i actually would have preferred her to put the pucci back in the closet! Also was that a dig at cheryl?!

• Fashion Critic September 7, 2012 at 11:52 #

how is that a dig at Cheryl? I said it is nice to see another celeb wear his designs other than Cheryl and she only wears his pieces once a year at Cannes.

8. LizLemoooon September 7, 2012 at 10:43 #

Why didn’t she wear this on the red carpet instead of that awful bedazzled jumpsuit?
    *sigh*
    PG-13 Rihanna.
    Doesn’t have the edge, height nor apparently the tailoring to pull this off. Did no one think to hem that dress a little or give her some stilts to wear under there?

9. EmmaWoodhouse September 7, 2012 at 12:34 #

MUCH improved. Yes, it’s a bit much for the MTV VMAs, but this is awesome. It’s crazy COUTURE. Super-chic. Although I’ve got to say, I would have preferred Zoe Saldana to wear this to the Oscars or something…

10. Felicia September 7, 2012 at 15:27 #

Oh no! Oh no! Oh no!

I don’t know whether to blame Stephane for designing it or her stylist for not knowing how to edit a gown but what I do know is that she would have knocked it out of the park if the feathers & gove-things weren’t there!

As far as her hair & make-up is concerned, I’m tired of it. She’s not Marilyn therefore she can’t pull off the 50′s style ALL THE TIME!!!

• tiffany September 7, 2012 at 22:04 #

+1 whatever this persona, it ain’t believable and that’s why the fashion isn’t. some editing would have been nice.

11. Francois Bresmal September 7, 2012 at 19:43 #

Well, this is a refreshing change but for me, Couture and Rita Ora in the same sentence sounds awkward. This dress os obviously too long and she should have dropped the arm-warmers

12. mudanma September 9, 2012 at 07:50 #

Stephane Rolland magic dresses are not meant to be worn by a nobody in a MTV award show ! It’s too fine too beautiful and too haute couture for that !It would be better at the golden glob or the tony otherwise she sould’ve gotten rid of the gloves and the silicon stuff on the shoulders !