Marion Cotillard stayed true to her Gallic roots for the premiere of her film ‘Rust & Bone’ at the Toronto Film Festival last night.

The French actress chose a grey Christian Dior Couture piece from the Fall 2012 collection for the event.

The neckline works well on Marion, as does the demure length. The blink-and-you’ll-miss-it nod to a peplum also adds an interesting detail.

She finished off her look with blue heels, a gold cuff and a sleek side-swept updo.

Emily Blunt In Roland Mouret - 'Looper' Opening Night 2012 Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Emily Blunt In Roland Mouret – ‘Looper’ Opening Night 2012 Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham - Bergdorf Goodman Celebrates Fashion's Night Out

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham – Bergdorf Goodman Celebrates Fashion’s Night Out

20 Responses to Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Rust & Bone’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. ash September 7, 2012 at 12:42 #

She looks amazing!! She showed this dress better than the model.

2. EmmaWoodhouse September 7, 2012 at 12:44 #

So chic and French! I love Marion when she’s on this form–the dress is perfect for her (actually this whole Dior collection is perfect for her). I don’t like the shoes, thought.

3. Christine September 7, 2012 at 13:08 #

BDOTW in my eyes. She looks gorgeous. I even like the length.

4. Agathe September 7, 2012 at 13:10 #

I swear I read GARLIC roots !!!
    Haha maybe it’s because I’m French.

5. robbie September 7, 2012 at 13:34 #

this is couture. maybe i have been spoilt with that john galliano created as couture but this is boring.

6. TeaAtTwo September 7, 2012 at 14:02 #

I really like the chic understated elegance with pop of blue and slightly quirky hair.

7. Joy September 7, 2012 at 14:39 #

I don’t know what it is about her, but I just love her style always. I think it’s because I adore everything French. She is so sophisticated and sexy without even trying.

8. Shiva September 7, 2012 at 14:56 #

Thank goodness for dresses like this, designers like this and people with senses of style like this.
    She stands out from pages and pages of sequinned, sparkly, satiny over the top fashion.
    BDOTW and how!

9. Noemi September 7, 2012 at 15:05 #

I loved this collection from the first moment I saw it, and I hoped to see it on many red carpets. I like everything of this look except the hair, she often sports ugly hairstyles and this is one of those.

10. Yeliz September 7, 2012 at 15:14 #

I love everything about this look except her hair. Something more elegant would have made this look perfect for me.

11. Leeanntb September 7, 2012 at 15:41 #

I was disappointed when I first saw this collection. Having then seen it up close I was wrong. It is stunning in its simplicity and is modern and clean. When I now look at Galiano it is still beautiful but it iis not right for today.

12. Alina September 7, 2012 at 16:19 #

Love!

13. Lee September 7, 2012 at 16:58 #

She looks stunning, the simplicity of the dress is perfect and she shows it off beautifully. I like the sleek up-do, but wish she’d gone with something that couldn’t be described as “quirky”. Shoes are quirky enough.

14. ash September 7, 2012 at 17:37 #

i love it. BDOTW. I love how it fits her perfectly, even though the hair is not so great, I can give it a go.

15. Nat39 September 7, 2012 at 19:11 #

The dress is shown off beautifully on her figure, the playful hairstyle is an interesting touch but it’s more of a ‘silver’ dress to me than gold – wish the detailing on her blue shoes and the cuff were silver instead of yellow.

16. GoldenG September 7, 2012 at 19:22 #

STUNNING…I don’t know why but Marion Cotillard is the only actress alive (with Angelina Jolie) that give me the impression to looking at a REAL STAR, a future Marylin Monroe, Maryl Streep or Jessica Lange with all the glamour imaginable..

17. Francois Bresmal September 7, 2012 at 19:29 #

I love the dress -even if it looks a little tight- on her and the shoes too! They add an unexpected color touch to the whole look. Hate the hair though

18. tiffany September 7, 2012 at 22:02 #

the shoes are a miss

19. Joy September 7, 2012 at 22:17 #

She looks beautiful from head to toe because she knows how to pose. Some many celebs could take a lesson from her!

20. noo September 8, 2012 at 08:56 #

The dress is amazing on her, just gorgeous! the shoes don’t go with it but i don’t care because the hair is a much worse problem!