Selena Gomez glided down the red carpet for the ‘Spring Breakers’ Venice Film Festival, held at the Palazzo del Cinema on Wednesday evening in Italy.

The actress looked gorgeous wearing an Atelier Versace Fall 2011 gown.

My first thought was that this gown was too grown up for her, but on reflection I was looking at her as a Disney princess and not the beautiful young woman she is.

Her blush-toned strapless gown with leather bustier top and structured skirt – which gathered at the right side – enriched with intricate leather floral detailing throughout is breathtaking.

I’m sure you had this on your wish lists for the likes of Penelope Cruz, Olga Kurylenko, Eva Mendes or Bernice Marlohe, but Selena makes it work.

Lorraine Schwartz, a silver sparkling Judith Leiber clutch and nude satin Sergio Rossi ‘Song’ embellished platform sandals accessorized her look with a wavy side-swept hairstyle and a glossy nude lip colour perfecting her look.

I love her photocall look and premiere look in equal amounts, meaning that her hit-and-miss ratio is no longer equal.

Emma Watson In Givenchy - Vogue Foundation Gala

Emma Watson In Givenchy – Vogue Foundation Gala

Nicole Richie In Anthony Vaccarello - 9th Annual Style Awards

Nicole Richie In Anthony Vaccarello – 9th Annual Style Awards

41 Responses to Selena Gomez In Atelier Versace – ‘Spring Breakers’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. piksi September 6, 2012 at 15:07 #

sorry but she doesn’t have the figure to really wow this look. she looks like a giant well decorated column. oh the dress is gorgeous though, she just fails to fill it accordingly.

• Eirwen September 6, 2012 at 16:46 #

A beautiful column indeed.

• Ahot September 7, 2012 at 20:41 #

+2 . & her face is too youthful/virginal for this.

2. AW September 6, 2012 at 15:12 #

The dress is GORGEOUS! Unfortunately, she doesn’t have enough body for it. It kind of highlights her lack of defined waist/hips.

I look forward to seeing the gown on someone with a more womanly body.

• Gianni September 6, 2012 at 15:51 #

+1. Its just I doubt we would be seeing it on anyone anytime soon.Atelier Versace is not any off the rack dress you can just reaccesorize. Especially since she wore it to the Venice Film Festivals. Wish someone else would have gotten to it first.

• Alina September 6, 2012 at 15:52 #

I agree.

Maybe on Beyonce …

• bas September 6, 2012 at 16:48 #

Totally agree. This dress needed a more curvy figure.

• dee September 6, 2012 at 16:51 #

My thoughts exactly. While it is a beautiful gown and her accessories especially those shoes are gorgeous. Someone with a more hourglass shape would look better in this gown.

• Christine September 7, 2012 at 00:41 #

Agreed. This look would’ve look much better on a women with curves. A hourglass figure but Selena looks cute.

• NH September 7, 2012 at 03:17 #

If you guys didn’t see the model version you would have not said that and because the pictures are side by side, you dont see her curves.

• AW September 9, 2012 at 20:50 #

I disagree. I see Beyonce, Selma Hayek, Serena Williams, hell I saw myself this morning and curves (more specifically a waist that smaller than your hips) is what this dress needs. It has nothing to do with weight or photoshop or the model in the photo. She has a girls body and there is nothing wrong with that but this dress doesn’t compliment her figure and the picture from behind just amplifies that fact.

• Joana September 7, 2012 at 09:40 #

Photoshop has done great harm to the physical health of women

3. DorianGray September 6, 2012 at 15:13 #

Love this dress but not on her. The model on the lookbook looks so much better.

4. Mia September 6, 2012 at 15:15 #

the fabric of the dress is beautifully made and i love the bracelet she’s wearing.

5. Pablo September 6, 2012 at 15:15 #

I honestly didn’t think she had this in her. I’m wowed. It’s the best she’s ever looked. Impressive!

6. Moxie September 6, 2012 at 15:25 #

The dress is beautiful, but she looks like a little girl playing dress up.

7. EmmaWoodhouse September 6, 2012 at 15:37 #

While sweet heart neckline has a tendency to sit too low, this is a gorgeous dress and Selena looks amazing. That hip detail is BEAUTIFUL and so fun! I think it goes well with her coloring as well. The lookbook model is so scary thin. Selena looks better imo. BDOTW-worthy.

8. Noemi September 6, 2012 at 15:46 #

I think that the dress is amazing, but I would have preferred it worn by someone like K. Beckinsale. Versace needs a certain attitude.

9. Malinda Jane September 6, 2012 at 16:16 #

This is the most beautiful she’s ever looked. I’m just not crazy about the dress, I don’t like the swirl patterns on the body of the dress at all.

10. ash September 6, 2012 at 16:17 #

that is a gorgeous dress but I think she’s too young for that dress…not the right look for her.I prefer the photocall dress.

11. janey September 6, 2012 at 16:32 #

this dress so cheap and nasty.

12. Becky September 6, 2012 at 16:32 #

Selena looks gorgeous! The models body is not realistic so we cannot compare the two! Selena’s body fits the dress the way a young girls body should do!

13. Amy September 6, 2012 at 17:34 #

I prefer the photocall look (flawless). This dress is too much for her. And Selena has an unfortunate factor: her child face which makes everything she wears looks like a teen playing dress up with her mom clothes.
    Ashley Benson looked great at that event

14. Nat39 September 6, 2012 at 17:36 #

I’m with those who think that she is not quite pulling it off, would def. prefer to see it on someone a bit more mature, with more curves, mature confidence and sex appeal. A more complementary rose gold clutch instead of silver would’ve worked better.
    Her photocall look wasn’t quite right for her either, way too maturing for her.

15. Carina September 6, 2012 at 18:30 #

This dress is gorgeous, but it doesn’t fit her, she doesn’t have the body or the face to wear this.

16. Ella September 6, 2012 at 18:39 #

When I first saw this, I was stunned. Personally, I think she looks gorgeous.

• Kaz September 9, 2012 at 09:30 #

+1!

I cannot believe how harsh some of these comments are. I think she looks absolutely FANTASTIC and I’d love to see her up for BDOTW.

I find the lookbook shot so abnormal that it is distasteful. No woman’s body should look like that.

Enjoy NY FC and stay away from any tornadoes!! Xx

• Fashion Critic September 9, 2012 at 13:03 #

17. Ana September 6, 2012 at 18:46 #

The dress is absolutely amazing but for me Selena doesn’t rock it.

18. Lisa September 6, 2012 at 18:56 #

I think this is one of her best looks. Selena and Versace is a good combo. Regarding her lack of a defined waist: the girl cannot change her body shape. It will always be like this and IMO she shouldn’t have to shy away from beautiful gowns because of that. As long as she wears the dress with confidence and poise, she will look stunning. BDOTW? I think so!

19. Peter September 6, 2012 at 19:11 #

Why her? Selena is not a versace girl, she lacks the body, the height, the personality, the sophistication…

20. Kathy September 6, 2012 at 20:10 #

The dress itself is absolutely stunning. Selena wearing it, however, is disappointing. The waist should have been more cinched, because otherwise it looks unfinished and unflattering. Selena looks wider than she actually is.

21. Joana September 7, 2012 at 07:44 #

Versace’s publicists went too far with Photoshop at the waist of the model

22. Joana September 7, 2012 at 08:10 #

Publicists went too far with Photoshop at the waist of the model. And they did it wrong because the two sides of the waist are unbalanced

23. gurlygurl September 7, 2012 at 08:27 #

I feel the dress is a bit grown up for her too but gosh darn it… it is just so stunning I can’t take my eyes off it!!

24. Jones19 September 7, 2012 at 12:26 #

I’m in love! She looks AMAZING.

25. Agathe September 7, 2012 at 13:46 #

Her shoes are ridiculously high. It’s the one thing that makes me feel she’s playing dress-up, otherwise I find her cute in this dress (and not photoshopped like the model).

26. Umi September 7, 2012 at 15:08 #

She looks beautiful and really tall in this dress.

27. noo September 8, 2012 at 09:21 #

gorgeous :D As someone Selena’s age I adore this and think she is pulling it off perfectly!

28. mudanma September 9, 2012 at 08:00 #

she really needs to fire her stylist ! she never dresses properly she’s like 18 years old she can’t be wearing Atelier Versace ! This dress was meant for a Beyonce or Monica Belucci

29. Linda Hahn McLean September 14, 2012 at 17:07 #

I am so ticked off at all you shriveled-up critics of what you think a woman’s body should be- Beyonce, indeed. Selena Gomez is a very beautiful 20 year old with her own fashion line and was actually listed in the Forbes Celebrity 100. The model’s body type is so unhealthy, whereas Selena actually admires Gwyneth Paltrow- who was named number 1 on the best dressed list.
    Selena, you look beautiful, and have rocked the red carpet all week. Pay no attention to all these women who are jealous and wish they were your age
    again !