Astrid Bergès-Frisbey attended the 38th Deauville American Film Festival Opening Ceremony last week.

The multi-faceted actress wore a sea green Chanel dress from the Resort 2013 collection.

It’s a look that’s sure to divide the critics. Some will use words such as toilet brush and jewellery box ballerina, while others will conjure comparisons to modern-day princesses and childhood fantasy characters.

I’m vacillating between the two. I do, however, love the strappy metallic sandals and her soft curls.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Carly Rae Jepsen In Helmut Lang - BBC Radio 1 Studios

Carly Rae Jepsen In Helmut Lang – BBC Radio 1 Studios

Salma Hayek In Roland Mouret - Out In Venice

Salma Hayek In Roland Mouret – Out In Venice

10 Responses to Astrid Bergès-Frisbey In Chanel – 38th Deauville American Film Festival Opening Ceremony

1. Nat39 September 5, 2012 at 22:19 #

Great shoe choice – the sexier sandal gives this sugary sweet look a bit of an edge, but still doesn’t save it unfortunately – it’s way too childish, little-girl birthday party for my liking.

2. CreoleLady September 6, 2012 at 00:04 #

I’m far more interested in the woman beside her. Although I agree about the shoes. I like the sea green but am otherwise over this collection. At some point, having to make it work isn’t worth it.

3. Linda September 6, 2012 at 00:18 #

Hate the runway styling. Love the dress on Astrid, she pulls it off with her lack of accessories and the edgy shoe. The colour is so nice with her brunette hair.

• dee September 6, 2012 at 14:04 #

4. Christine September 6, 2012 at 02:13 #

Not liking the shoes for the sugar coated look.

5. EmmaWoodhouse September 6, 2012 at 04:13 #

That sheer panel down the front of the bodice is far too revealing. Astrid does look much, much better than the runway model–and I love the color–but the dress is, in and of itself, bedraggled. I think it’s the style of the top. The skirt is lovely, and has a lot of potential.I don’t know what I think of the shoes–just a dream, but those Christian Louboutin Cinderella pumps (limited edition) are great for a look like this.
    P.S. She needed an updo.

6. Alina September 6, 2012 at 06:46 #

Better than the model, but still not the best this dress could have been styled.

7. mokarie September 6, 2012 at 08:53 #

i’m probably the only one who thinks this, but i actually really like this look. i’ve only ever seen her in potc, and this dress suits the mermaid image i have of her. she may actually be hinting towards scoring the part of annie in the hunger games, since the character is ‘related’ to the sea, and water in general.

8. Lee Ann September 6, 2012 at 10:19 #

Did Karl design this collection whilst under the influence? Has he been smoking his kitten’s catnip? Awful.

9. Jones19 September 7, 2012 at 12:40 #