Fan Bingbing In Valentino – Valentino 50th Anniversary Party

Fan Bingbing took to the red carpet to join Valentino in celebrating their 50th Anniversary, at the International Finance Centre in Hong Kong on Friday evening.

The Asian beauty stunned wearing a dress from the brand’s Fall 2012 collection.

At this point you will be having a strong case of déjà vu. That’s because Maria Sharapova wore the same red laser-cut leather dress with long sleeves and a high neckline just two weeks ago.

I love Fan, as you know, but I am over her wearing these nude Christian Louboutin ‘Lady Daf’ ankle strap pumps.

After debuting them on the red carpet about 18 months ago, they are yet to enhance any of the looks.

I do, however, love her red Valentino ‘Rockstud’ flap clutch.

Red lippie and a braided updo completed her near perfect outfit.

Valentino dressNordstrom.com
Valentino clutchBergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rachel Weisz In Nina Ricci - 'The Bourne Legacy' Deauville American Film Festival Premiere

Rachel Weisz In Nina Ricci – ‘The Bourne Legacy’ Deauville American Film Festival Premiere

Clotilde Courau In Jil Sander - 2012 Deauville American Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Clotilde Courau In Jil Sander – 2012 Deauville American Film Festival Opening Ceremony

16 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Valentino – Valentino 50th Anniversary Party

1. Onnes September 3, 2012 at 13:46 #

She is so beautiful, isn’t it? And she is very suitable to wear red clothes!

2. Christine September 3, 2012 at 13:51 #

I love the look except for the shoes.

3. Véra September 3, 2012 at 14:01 #

FC, have you seen IT? Jordan Dunn was ranked world #1 by models.com!!

• Fashion Critic September 3, 2012 at 14:05 #

No I haven’t. I’m not really a model watcher

• TeaAtTwo September 4, 2012 at 01:52 #

It was Estee Lauder model Joan Smalls who was ranked#1 :)

4. Rash September 3, 2012 at 14:19 #

When Maria wore this dress, I was wishing for someone with a darker hair to wear this, and who better than Fan to do justice to it! She looks wow! And loving that flap clutch.

5. Lola September 3, 2012 at 14:23 #

She looks boring like a middleaged woman. She has avsolutely no umph..whatsoever.

• Faellie September 3, 2012 at 15:37 #

I agree. Compared to the silhouette the dress has on the model, Fan looks very boringly “Ladies who Lunch – The Nancy Reagan Years”.

6. dee September 3, 2012 at 14:50 #

Not crazy about this look.

7. bm September 3, 2012 at 14:55 #

I actually prefer the clutch from the runway. But, agree with the shoes.

8. Rahel September 3, 2012 at 15:38 #

I would love to have such a dress. I’m such a sucker for red.

9. Alina September 3, 2012 at 15:55 #

IMO, this is the best she has looked in a long time.

10. Rebecca Z September 3, 2012 at 17:47 #

I love the clutch but not with this dress–for me it is too big and too red and not delicate enough.. Would prefer a smaller clutch with this dress

11. Dhppy September 3, 2012 at 23:14 #

I fear this is one of those dresses that look amazing on the runway, but doesn’t translate to the real world. Both Fan Bingbing and Sharapova look frumpy in it.

12. TeaAtTwo September 4, 2012 at 01:55 #

Though not crazy about the shoes I think this is a fab look on her. It’s in between her flawless princess and quirky fashionista looks she normally does.

13. EmmaWoodhouse September 5, 2012 at 03:45 #

Not my favorite look from her–this dress is just too heavy and constricting. However, Fan pulls it off better than Maria. Her shoe choice is…unfortunate.