31.08.12 Premiere

Winona Ryder In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘The Iceman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Winona Ryder made a rare appearance on the red carpet last night for the premiere of ‘The Iceman’ at the 2012 Venice Film Festival.

The actress, who was a fan (and paparazzi) favourite in the 90s, looked a little bewildered to be back in the spotlight – not that her deer-stuck-in-headlights expression detracted from the classic black Dolce & Gabbana gown.

Winona embellished her look with a pair of bejewelled Lanvin drop earrings and a plain satin clutch, both of which offset the dress’ gorgeous lace overlay.

Credit: Getty

Karen Gillan In Dolce & Gabbana - 'Doctor Who' New York Premiere

Karen Gillan In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Doctor Who’ New York Premiere

Gwen Stefani For Elle UK October 2012

Gwen Stefani For Elle UK October 2012

14 Responses to Winona Ryder In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘The Iceman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. Alina August 31, 2012 at 11:09 #

It’s OK, but it has been done so many times before …

2. Noemi August 31, 2012 at 11:17 #

The dress is nothing new, but I love black and I love lace so I like it. She looks like she’s never been on a red carpet before… but she still has the pretty face she has when she was young. What a gorgeous couple she and Johnny Depp were!

• bm August 31, 2012 at 14:01 #

Yeah, that old days. Shame she’s not as famous as she used to now.

3. TL August 31, 2012 at 11:27 #

She is pretty, love the red lip color.
    Is it just me or she looks like some other celebrities? Can’t come up with a name but she looks familiar.

4. Andrew August 31, 2012 at 11:53 #

What a stunning, STUNNING woman!

5. dee August 31, 2012 at 13:08 #

I think she looks lovely. I wish all her hair was up in the back.

• Liana August 31, 2012 at 15:44 #

I wish too!

She looks lovely.

6. Christine August 31, 2012 at 13:10 #

Not a fan of the dress in particular but she looks nice.

7. Nat39 August 31, 2012 at 18:25 #

Simple, classy, elegant (although not excited about it). The statement jewels liven up the look while the simple matching clutch does not distract, lovely hair and makeup. It’s good.

8. David August 31, 2012 at 19:20 #

You know she’s always been kind of awkward on the red carpet but I think she looks wonderful. There’s a reason why the simple black lace dress has been done so many times. It works.

9. tiffany August 31, 2012 at 20:09 #

You are so right. There is a story behind those distant eyes. Otherwise a classic, elegant look.

10. Hannah August 31, 2012 at 20:49 #

She looks beautiful adn elegant, but I find this more than a little boring. However, she is like Julia Roberts adn always wears black, so I can’t say I’m surprised.
    Also her earrings are by House of Lavande as opposed to Lanvin.

11. EmmaWoodhouse September 1, 2012 at 02:45 #

Got to say, this may seem boring to some (black gown, simple styling) but I was really impressed by this look. It’s so well put-together, and she absolutely shines in it–it is by far the best I have seen her in a long time. I see her as BDOTW-contender!

12. Saree September 1, 2012 at 05:28 #

I had to scroll up to the title to ensure I wasn’t looking at Tina Fey. Wow they could be sisters!

She looks good though, but as said – seen it before.