Who Wore Elie Saab Better…Fan Bingbing or Carina Lau?

Here we have two of my favourite Asian actresses wearing my favourite designer; this is going to be tough.

The graceful Fan Bingbing attended the 2012 Trophée Chopard Party held during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival back in May wearing a stunning Elie Saab forest-green fully embellished gown with a plunging neckline.

Appeasing the host, she enriched her glorious gown with emerald Chopard jewels adding a black Ferragamo clutch with a high bun and coral lip colour completing her look.

On Sunday, Carina Lau joined Andy Lau on the red carpet for the 2012 Miss Hong Kong Pageant wearing the same dress.

Unlike Fan Bingbing, Lau opted for a contrasting blue Swarovski choker and a glossy red lip colour.

While I like Carina’s bold attempt to shake up this look with the jewels, I prefer Fan Bingbing’s matchy matchy approach to this look.

Credit: Style.com & Sina & Tungstar

Robert Pattinson's Levi's Vintage Clothing 1960 605 Orange Label Washed Slim-Fit Jeans

Robert Pattinson’s Levi’s Vintage Clothing 1960 605 Orange Label Washed Slim-Fit Jeans

Karen Gillan In Dolce & Gabbana - 'Doctor Who' New York Premiere

Karen Gillan In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Doctor Who’ New York Premiere

8 Responses to Who Wore Elie Saab Better…Fan Bingbing or Carina Lau?

1. Alina August 31, 2012 at 10:54 #

Carina wins for me because :
    1. her makeup and hairstyle are better
    2. the colour of the dress looks better on her skin tone
    3. if I had to choose between two bad things (both necklaces), I would choose the smaller one (IMO – Carina’s necklace) .

2. robbie August 31, 2012 at 13:36 #

fan wins for me, the necklace carina is wearing is so distracting.

3. Jess2 August 31, 2012 at 14:29 #

Fan wins for me! I prefer her styling much more, Carina’s necklace isn’t working for me.

4. Moxie August 31, 2012 at 15:10 #

Fan Bingbing OWNS that look!

5. Vera August 31, 2012 at 18:36 #

Fan wins for me because Carina is wearing too many colors: blue, red, ¿silver? and of course green. Besides, Carina’s necklace shape looks weird together with the plunging neckline.

6. sara August 31, 2012 at 20:41 #

Fan wins for me, I like her styling better (hair, make-up, jewels). She looks beautiful!

7. EmmaWoodhouse September 1, 2012 at 02:43 #

I don’t like the plunging neckline, but I love the emerald color and Fan’s styling. She wins easily.

8. Pati September 2, 2012 at 12:26 #

To be perfectly honest, I don´t like either of the looks. Far too much going on in them both IMO. Fan´s necklace and earrings are way too big, and the black clutch doesn´t work for me either. I´d prefer gold or silver. On the other hand, I much prefer the match-matchy jewelry than that (gorgeous but distracting) blue necklace Carina´s wearing. I must, however agree that the dress works better with Carina´s skin tone and make up. I wish she had kept the look sleek with red lips and nails but no accessories.