Kelly Chen In Balenciaga – Balenciaga Store Party

Kelly Chen was in Hong Kong yesterday for a party at a Balenciaga boutique.

The singer/actress was decked out head to toe by the brand, wearing a dress from their Fall 2012 collection.

Her black leather dress with a blue, black and grey detailed bodice and skirt was styled with an unfortunate pair of tri-colour pumps.

The mint-green python clutch isn’t exactly exciting me either. The chandelier earrings are quite interesting but feel too grand for this look.

This is a classic case of great dress, uninspiring accessories.

How do you feel about Kelly’s styling of this look?

The only other person we’ve seen wearing a look from this collection is Kristen Stewart.

Credit: Style.com & Tungstar

Wish-List Wednesday

Wish-List Wednesday

Jaime King's Jason Wu Daphne Leather Shoulder Bag

Jaime King’s Jason Wu Daphne Leather Shoulder Bag

12 Responses to Kelly Chen In Balenciaga – Balenciaga Store Party

1. bm August 31, 2012 at 14:06 #

I’m not bothered by the accessories, in fact I love this overall look.

2. Luis August 31, 2012 at 14:09 #

I love Balenciaga. Kristen didn’t do justice, but Kelly looks greats beside the hair…

3. Alina August 31, 2012 at 14:25 #

“This is a classic case of great dress, uninspiring accessories.”

I agree.

4. justiner August 31, 2012 at 14:41 #

I love the accessories. And I love them even more when I think of Kristen’s terrible shoes.

5. Scott August 31, 2012 at 15:56 #

I much prefer these shoes than the ones presented on the runway. I actually love this a lot more than anytime Kristen has worn this collection.

6. Nat39 August 31, 2012 at 18:03 #

The earrings don’t bother me, I think they actually work beautifully, the clutch could’ve been better, but the tri-colour pumps are way out of place. The dress is figure-flattering but I’m not a fan of the detailing esp. that detailed panel around her tummy area (esp. teamed with leather).

7. Lisa August 31, 2012 at 19:23 #

Kelly wears this a lot better than Kristen did. I think it has to do with her poise cause Ms Sourpuss and her slouchiness really ruined the entire look. These heels are not as bad as the one Kristen wore though.

8. EmmaWoodhouse September 1, 2012 at 02:54 #

At least she didn’t wear the runway look!!! That said, I don’t really like this at all. This–and Kristen’s look–were both ugly to me.

9. EmmaWoodhouse September 1, 2012 at 02:54 #

I mean the runway shoes–those horrors that Kristen wore! :O

10. Christine September 1, 2012 at 04:35 #

The earrings are not a bother. Love the dress.

11. MEME September 1, 2012 at 18:36 #

WAAAAAAAAAY better than Kristen Stewarts look…. Kelly looks confident in her look, and it makes more sense style wise…. the earrings are distracting but they aren’t bad either….

12. Pati September 2, 2012 at 12:16 #

I would like to see Solange Knowles in this look. With her personality and great sense for accessories, she would rock this look!