31.08.12 Photocall

Angelababy Yang attended the ‘Tai Chi O’ photocall during the 2012 Venice Film Festival at the Palazzo del Casino in Venice, Italy, this afternoon.

We were first introduced to the stunning Asian actress when she wore the BDOTY-worthy Elie Saab gown, but on this occasion she opted for a Hervé Léger by Max Azria patchwork tweed bandage dress from the Fall 2012 collection.

While I never expected to see a bandage dress on the red carpet for a major film festival, I have to say she looks really cute.

The same can’t be said for those quadruple stacked Giuseppe Zanotti heels, but I am excited to see what she will wear this evening.

Herve Leger dressNordstrom
Giuseppe Zanotti heels – farfetch.com US and farfetch.com International

Credit: Getty

Alejandra Onieva In Christian Dior - 'Por un Punado de Besos' Madrid Photocall & Premiere

Alejandra Onieva In Christian Dior – ‘Por un Punado de Besos’ Madrid Photocall & Premiere

Michelle Jenner In Giambattista Valli - 'Las Aventuras de Tadeo Jones' Madrid Premiere

Michelle Jenner In Giambattista Valli – ‘Las Aventuras de Tadeo Jones’ Madrid Premiere

20 Responses to Angelababy Yang In Hervé Léger by Max Azria – ‘Tai Chi O’ Venice Film Festival Photocall

1. Ro August 31, 2012 at 18:10 #

I love everything but the shoes – seriously what was she thinking??

• admmgz August 31, 2012 at 21:59 #

• Alina September 1, 2012 at 06:53 #

2. Nat39 August 31, 2012 at 18:10 #

So adorable from the ankles up. The shoes are comical.

3. Odette August 31, 2012 at 18:19 #

Why is it about Asian movie stars that makes them not look tacky in Herve Leger? They are just so classy, pretty much no matter what they wear.
    I think it is grace and poise.

Angelbaby isn’t crying out for attention like other Herve Leger wearers.

• Vera August 31, 2012 at 18:42 #

Honestly, I think those dresses are not for curvy women (being one myself). I mean, it is not that HL dresses are tacky by default, it’s the fact that many celebrities wear them to showcase their “charms”. I’m guessing it’s the attitude, Asian movie stars want to look gorgeous, while poor Britney Spears (and others) wants to show she is still hot.

• Noemi August 31, 2012 at 20:14 #

I agree with you, but there’s really something about asian actresses (chinese most of all) that makes them so classy, maybe it’s just a different culture, they’re quite understated, like they don’t need to scream to the world “Look at me”. Plus they have beautiful skin and hair. I think that the dress is very cute, anyway but the shoes are terrible and look cheap.

• sara August 31, 2012 at 20:29 #

I agree, bandage dresses can actually look good on women who aren’t very curvy. I think on the Mel B’s and Kim K’s they look like a cry for attention with everything hanging out but Angelababy looks beautiful. I can’t get over her face, she’s stunning!!!

• Kathy September 1, 2012 at 18:34 #

I think it has to do with the pattern on this particular dress. (I haven’t seen many bandage dresses on Asian celebrities so I don’t have an opinion on that.) It doesn’t place the emphasis on the body so much as on the dress. Of course, it’s not one of those “the dress is wearing the girl” situations but it doesn’t seem like she’s flaunting anything, which is usually the case with Herve Leger.

4. Malinda Jane August 31, 2012 at 18:38 #

I love the dress but I am SO over the stacked platform heels trend. They make beautiful women look like they have horse hooves.

5. Rebecca Z August 31, 2012 at 19:14 #

She does look really cute in this dress–I like Vera’s comments about it above, though I am not sure Britney Spears is allowed to make any of her own decisions. The shoes ARE an abomination and would kill the whole look if she weren’t so cute.

6. dee August 31, 2012 at 19:30 #

Agree on the shoes, she looks cute despite that.

7. tiffany August 31, 2012 at 20:00 #

she does demonstrate why women shouldn’t “stuff” themselves in HL bangade dresses. She pulled it off until the unfortunate, ignorant shoe. Cheapens the whole look.

8. Francesca September 1, 2012 at 00:56 #

Goodness, she is stunning! And I can even get on board with those shoes, being petite myself. :D

I still can’t get over that flawless Elie Saab look, my BDOTY for sure.

9. EmmaWoodhouse September 1, 2012 at 03:00 #

I like the pattern a lot, but I can never, ever think that bandage dresses are anything but tacky–even though Angelababy looks miles classier than Britney or Amanda Bynes. It’s still a bandage dress!
    Those peep-toe Daffodile-like THINGS on her feet MUST GO!
    Knowing her great choice in gowns, I’m looking forward to the premiere!

10. Christine September 1, 2012 at 04:29 #

She looks non tacky in this dress. I love it!

11. Jen September 1, 2012 at 05:05 #

I’m going to go against the grain and say that I think the crazy shoes actually work in this instance. I pretty much always hate platforms, so I’m not sure why they’re doing it for me here, but they are.

I also think the print helps tone down the potential for tackiness, in addition to her being less curvy.

12. Ann September 1, 2012 at 07:51 #

I love that dress

13. MEME September 1, 2012 at 14:33 #

I love the Daffodile…. but those Giuseppe Zanotti’s aren’t even appealing in person…. and I LOOOOOOVE Giuseppe Zanotti’s… but those look ridiculous….

14. Charlene September 1, 2012 at 15:54 #

She wore a dress designed by Georges Chakra last night!!! Check it oUt please!! So beautiful!!