30.08.12 Premiere

Girl of the moment Kasai Smutniak attended the premiere of ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’ at the opening ceremony of the Venice Film Festival yesterday evening.

Kasia went simple for the occasion, wearing a sleek red long-sleeved Armani Privé gown.

Covered from the front, Kasia flashed a hint of skin via a low reverse V-neck, which shows off her sleek chignon – as well as her small neck tattoo.

The Polish actress opted to go clutchless, accessorizing with small studs and a large cocktail ring.

You may have a touch of déjà vu when it comes to this look. That’s because Uma Thurman wore a slightly modified version of this gown to the Cannes Film Festival closing ceremony back in May 2011.

Are you a fan of this simple look, or were you wishing for a bit more excitement?

Credit: Getty

Nerea Garmendia's Oscar de la Renta Swirl Bib Necklace

Nerea Garmendia’s Oscar de la Renta Swirl Bib Necklace

Fiammetta Cicogna In Alberta Ferretti - ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Fiammetta Cicogna In Alberta Ferretti – ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

19 Responses to Kasia Smutniak In Armani Privé – ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

1. Alina August 30, 2012 at 09:37 #

I like it, not love it.

The shoes are a disaster.

2. Mar August 30, 2012 at 09:46 #

She looks amazing but I think she can’t beat Kate’s Versace gown. Neither this look or the Valentino. I look forward to seeing what she wears next, though

3. Valerie August 30, 2012 at 09:51 #

The dress fits her like a glove. She and Uma both do it justice. I really like this simple style. I do wish her chignon was somewhat different, it’s nice that she put her hair up though.

• Rash August 30, 2012 at 10:34 #

Agree!

4. Nat August 30, 2012 at 11:07 #

I don’t mind minimalism when it’s well executed and it suits the wearer. This is her style and she’s working it. I was sure she was going to wear some sleek Armani and I really like this on her, although I wish she had added at least one accessory (a clutch, a statement necklace) to make it more interesting.
    The only thing that puzzles me a little is that it must be terribly hot in Venice (we’re having one of the hottest summers here in Italy), so I’m not sure why you would choose to wear long sleeves…

• Juliana August 30, 2012 at 12:21 #

Thank you! I’ve recently been to Rome and even in the evening the heat was almost unbearable – everyone was wearing shorts and sleeveless tops or cotton t-shirts…
      I’m not so much concerned with the “collections” as much as I am with “season appropriateness” – if a fall look is cute and fresh, why not wear it during summertime? But covering yourself up like this, in the middle of a hot summer, in Italy, seems a bit off…
      Too bad, cause she looks really good.

5. Aline August 30, 2012 at 12:56 #

Well, that was a letdown after so many great looks from her. But then again I’m not one for minimalism, so I may be biased.

6. Parvati August 30, 2012 at 13:05 #

I don’t like this look. It’s way too plain from the front and I think she is wearing black shoes, which is ruining anything good about the look.

Uma Thurman’s version of the gown (along with the colour) was much better.

7. Christine August 30, 2012 at 13:23 #

Although she looks stunning in the red dress, I love the dress even more in blue.

8. dee August 30, 2012 at 13:36 #

This is boring.

9. Liana August 30, 2012 at 14:37 #

This look is very pretty (minus the shoes)! I’ve always liked that kind of dresses.

But I have to say that Uma looked like a goddess compare to her in the dress! Just WOW.

10. carolina August 30, 2012 at 14:55 #

My favorite looks are exactly this sort of minimalist elegance. I’m not sure why but I don’t think she quite carries this off. Uma – absolutely. Maybe it’s an issue of presence.

11. Phcritic August 30, 2012 at 15:07 #

Herr in Italy, she is now considered the most elegant celebrity at the film festival for some reasons:
    She is simple
    She has an extraordinary grace
    And in a period of crisis for the industry of cinema she wore a simple 100% Italian dress

Ps yesterday in Venice at 7.30 pm the temperature was 25*C or less
    Kate Hudson in Versace was gorgeous but too “clichè”

12. patata August 30, 2012 at 16:36 #

This is couture?

13. Nat39 August 30, 2012 at 18:00 #

I liked this look until I saw Uma’s version – she rocked her sleek electric blue gown with a more stunning silhouette, better accessories and hair/makeup.

14. Phcritic August 30, 2012 at 19:33 #

Yes it is. Couture doesn’t mean that is something extravagant. It s couture because the dress was designed by mr. Armani himself. And it s not the same dress worn by uma Thurman : the material, the silhouette, the details (uma’s had little pailettes on the hem of the dress)

15. andrea August 30, 2012 at 20:07 #

Most boring dress of the year…

16. EmmaWoodhouse August 31, 2012 at 01:43 #

It’s…boring. Bland. Blending into the red carpet. After her two great Valentinos, I was expecting more…

17. Rebecca September 1, 2012 at 12:20 #

The dress is sophisticated but she doesn’t do it much justice, it feels so blah….

On the other hand, Uma rocked her version like a goddess. I’m still impressed!