Isabella Ferrari, who is serving as one of the jury members for the 2012 Venice Film Festival, attended the ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’ premiere, which also hosted the Opening Ceremony.

The Italian actress also donned an Atelier Versace Spring 2012 dress.

Her steel-grey bustier-style dress with gold inserts and an elegant lace overlay is slightly modified from the look which took to the runway with a bodysuit underlay.

I think this modification was the right choice for her. Save the bodysuit version for the likes of Lea Michele.

A braided updo, triple-stacked glitter peep-toes and a selection of silver jewels including long diamond earrings completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Heidi Klum's Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

Heidi Klum’s Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Venice Film Festival Opening Ceremony?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Venice Film Festival Opening Ceremony?

14 Responses to Isabella Ferrari In Atelier Versace – ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

1. Nat August 30, 2012 at 10:46 #

I’m glad she didn’t wear the runway version, it wouldn’t have suited her (she’s almost 50).
    I love the gown and the colour on her, the only thing I’m not too fond of is how the upper part of the dress makes her chest look kinda wide.

• Christine August 30, 2012 at 13:20 #

2. Alina August 30, 2012 at 10:50 #

She looks ok.

I prefer the runway version. It would look stunning on Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.

3. CreoleLady August 30, 2012 at 11:04 #

Wish I could like it more. Agree with Nat, her upper body looks so broad. I like the modification, though, smart move.

4. Jones19 August 30, 2012 at 12:45 #

In a word: STUNNING!

5. Aline August 30, 2012 at 12:54 #

I don’t like this at all.

• tiffany August 30, 2012 at 21:06 #

I wish I could get with this lace/sheer overlay situations, but there are probably only 12 people in the world who can make that work (naomi campbell comes to mine), and she this ain’t one.

• EmmaWoodhouse August 31, 2012 at 01:45 #

I don’t either. In fact, I kind of loathe the whole thing.

6. Liana August 30, 2012 at 14:33 #

I think the way she is posing totally accentuate that “broad shoulder” thing.

I’m also glad that she wore a modified version of the dress.

She looks good, but that eye makeup is a mess…

7. Grace Patricia August 30, 2012 at 14:41 #

She’s almost 50 but she looks older, even with the modification I guess it doesn’t suit her at all. It would look great on younger girls.

• Nat39 August 30, 2012 at 17:47 #

My reaction to this is the same – the dress (even with the modifications) doesn’t really suit her, the whole thing comes across as she is trying a bit too hard. Not a fan of the braided ‘do either, would’ve preferred a sleek ‘do.

8. Phcritic August 30, 2012 at 15:26 #

She is a good looking woman, but not really beautiful.. Anyway she has an elegance that only few has nowadays. And for me, she looks absolutely gorgeous ! And it a surprising to see that she s wearing an haute couture dress by donatella Versace, who normally gives her dresses only to international young stars.
    Here in italy it s rare to see a tv or cinema personality wearing Versace

9. Courtney Grace August 31, 2012 at 05:41 #

I prefer the alterations she made to the dress over the runway version. The detail on the dress is gorgeous! But I don’t really like her makeup.

10. Jess September 16, 2012 at 01:15 #

Like the dress, but it doesn’t suit her.