23.08.12

Serena Williams In Victoria Beckham – Late Show With David Letterman

Serena Williams looked stunning as she arrived at the Ed Sullivan Theatre in New York City yesterday for her guest appearance on ‘Late Show With David Letterman’.

The Wimbledon and Olympic tennis champion wore a Victoria Beckham dress for the occasion.

Her fitted dress with a V-neckline was accented with a grosgrain black waistband. It exudes elegance, so I’m really disappointed, once again, that she opted for such awful footwear.

These black embellished Christian Louboutin Decorapump (similar to the ‘Daffodile’ pumps) are so out of tune with the rest of her look.

Simple black ‘Pigalle’ pumps, though predictable, would’ve been much preferred.

Gorgeous voluminous curly hair and flawless makeup provided the finishing touches.

Yay or nay on Serena’s ‘Daffodiles’?

You can buy Serena’s Victoria Beckham dress in light-grey from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: FameFlynet

Burberry Prorsum Spring 2014 Menswear Front Row

Burberry Prorsum Spring 2014 Menswear Front Row

Best Dressed Of The Week - Mar Saura In Oscar de la Renta & Serena Williams In Victoria Beckham

Best Dressed Of The Week – Mar Saura In Oscar de la Renta & Serena Williams In Victoria Beckham

38 Responses to Serena Williams In Victoria Beckham – Late Show With David Letterman

1. Odette August 23, 2012 at 13:40 #

NAY on the shoes and I wish she pulled back her hair somehow to keep up the sophisticated vibe of the dress.

2. Christine August 23, 2012 at 13:42 #

Great body. Wow. I have to give it VB, her dresses is for all body types and shapes. I love that her dresses looks better on curves.

• Fashion Critic August 23, 2012 at 14:03 #

“I love that her dresses looks better on curves.” – Total agreement on this point

3. moonbeam August 23, 2012 at 13:50 #

When I see Serena I see a CHAMPION! She looks beautiful here, and yes delicate shoes probably would be better with this look. I can’t wait to see Serena play at the US Open in NY!

4. shaun August 23, 2012 at 14:03 #

the first thing i said when i saw this was weeeerrrrkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!! i love it all and dont mind the shoe, although i would have preferred another. that booty looks amazing in this dress. fits her to a T, without being vulgar. Though i do love seeing Becks in her own creations and the way she accessories them, i really think her clothing excells when it is on a women with curves for me. you see the full potentional of the garment

5. Ade August 23, 2012 at 14:07 #

A true testament to the cut of Victoria’s dresses, it fits like it was painted on her. It’s very funny you suggested a pigalle pump FC because that’s exactly how Kelly Rowland put her look together in her VB dress, hair and all.

• Fashion Critic August 23, 2012 at 14:35 #

oh yes you are right.

6. Ancika August 23, 2012 at 14:08 #

Nay,nay,nay on the shoes! Why are those shoes so ugly?

7. tiffany August 23, 2012 at 14:10 #

this is a stunner .the show is slightly jarring, but Serena really knows how to pull it together from time to time. And VB really knows how to make a lady look good.

8. Suarez August 23, 2012 at 14:13 #

WOW WHAT A STUNNING FIGURE! SHE GETS BETTER WITH AGE! STILL SHOCKED SHE’S SINGLE AND DOESNT WANNA DATE!

9. carolina August 23, 2012 at 14:14 #

It’s not just vb, but there’s a trend in tailored dresses: the tendency is to wear them skin tight. Granted, Serena and others have the figures to show off. But I feel it’s much sexier to have some movement there – 1/2 size up really improves fit, in my eyes.

10. Andrew August 23, 2012 at 14:14 #

As boring as these shoes can get, I really think they work here! I think they go with the hair… odd, I know. Something about them here though!

11. Rory August 23, 2012 at 14:27 #

I LOVE IT.

12. dee August 23, 2012 at 14:42 #

Not crazy about the shoes but she looks amazing in the dress. One of her best looks.

13. the(un?)social butterfly August 23, 2012 at 14:55 #

nay to the daffodiles, and a very enthusiastic yay to everything else.

• Dani August 24, 2012 at 00:07 #

Seconded. Blocking out the shoes I think this is the best she’s ever looked.

14. bas August 23, 2012 at 15:00 #

Wrong shoes, but the rest is just perfect. The dress fits like a globe!

15. bm August 23, 2012 at 15:02 #

She is flawless.
    I think, if VB herself wore this dress, I bet she will wear her towering pumps (also daffodile) or boots. So, she get a pass in shoe departement.

16. Alina August 23, 2012 at 16:07 #

She looks AMAZING!

17. andrea August 23, 2012 at 17:44 #

MY jaw dropped when I saw this picture – as I panned down from the top for a split second I thought it was Brandy. Kudos to Serena for stepping up the elegance factor (shoes excluded) and I looooove the fro. BDOTW contender??

18. David Joe August 23, 2012 at 17:58 #

For me it’s a nay on the Daffodiles. But I must say, it’s been a while since I’ve seen her in a dress that fits properly and accentuates her body. VB does no wrong.

19. Elle August 23, 2012 at 18:59 #

She’s a full-figured gal who can do justic to any dress but this is so no-frills and sleek lined, for an already sleek lined body. It’s almost gym-suit like with the plain shoulders and high waist-line. I don’t like it for her. I’d have chosen something softer, and a little richer in color. More Marilyn. She can pull it off.

20. Elle August 23, 2012 at 19:00 #

And her hair is wonderful, as are her lovely facial features. She’s just a beautiful woman.

21. Ericka August 23, 2012 at 20:05 #

I think she looks fabulous here. She wanted some bling hence the shoes which is certainly in keeping with her style. I think the shoes actually work (though I would have chosen something simpler).

22. Vera August 23, 2012 at 20:34 #

Oh.My.GOD

I am more than sure Victoria MUST sign a contract with Serena.

I’ve never seen Serena SO beautiful and she’s the first to beat Victoria in her designs.

She took my breath away second time in a row after her Olympics final game.

23. pat robertson August 23, 2012 at 20:56 #

She looks amazing-a GREAT look! A SUPER CHAMPION!!!

24. MEME August 23, 2012 at 22:05 #

I love the entire look…. fashion is normally not friendly to her body type…. but this look compliments it so well…. and I vote YAY on the shoes…. maybe because I have a pair and biased…. taller heels is a must for me… lol…

25. Prian August 23, 2012 at 23:23 #

Those are ‘Decora’ pumps.

Anyway, she looks smoking hot. As with the shoes, I think they’re pretty fabulous, the design prevents her from looking like she has hooves, imagine if she had worn the simple daffodiles.

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2012 at 09:43 #

thanks

26. CreoleLady August 24, 2012 at 00:23 #

Wow! She looks so nice, I’ve got to say it twice — wow! I will forever and always detest Daffs but she looks so good I forgot to to be repulsed.

27. Rebecca Z August 24, 2012 at 00:47 #

Pretty darn hot. I can live with the shoes–she looks amazing

28. Jones19 August 24, 2012 at 00:52 #

I can’t believe how gorgeous she looks in this dress. Kudos to VB. Hate the Daffs though.

29. Fiona August 24, 2012 at 01:52 #

LOVE – this dress looks amazing on her and shows her amazing body. Not keen on the shoes but prefer the studded version than the plain clunkers. I recently browsed the VB collection and the fabric is so amazing I can see how they work wonders for anyone who puts them on – super impressive.

30. Jess2 August 24, 2012 at 10:26 #

Wow she looks absolutely amazing in that dress. The shoes are such a huge let down though!!

31. EmmaWoodhouse August 24, 2012 at 18:13 #

Hate the shoes, wish the dress was a bit looser but it is still a big improvement from what she normally wears.

32. Amy August 24, 2012 at 20:44 #

That’s the best she has ever looked. HATE the shoes though

33. Cindy August 25, 2012 at 05:15 #

Gorgeous! Now she needs VB to design her tennis clothes!

• Kym August 29, 2012 at 16:57 #

@Cindy…Yes! I agree completely that she needs a great designer for her tennis gear. Although, her tennis outfits have improved drastically over the last couple years. THis is the most feminine I have seen Serena look. I still think she looks a little drag-queenish, though.