Nieves Alvarez In Custo Barcelona, Stella McCartney & Louis Vuitton – Solo Moda

After a short hiatus due to the Olympics, Nieves Alvarez was back this weekend to present the ninth program of her program ‘Solo Moda’.

Showing how both patterns and solids can be stunning and dramatic, she certain didn’t take her foot off the gas during the break.

Her first look was a Custo Barcelona Spring 2012 dress.

The long, centered slit, side cutouts and captivating pattern were not at all detracted from by the simple, elegant Christian Louboutin sandals Nieves paired with the look.

Stella McCartney’s take on a bodycon dress, made popular when Kate Winslet wore the same piece to the Venice Film Festival earlier this year, was the second look for the presenter.

Nieves paired the form fitting frock with a pair of Christian Louboutin printed ‘Pigalles,’ which gave the entire ensemble a refined, sophisticated air.

For her final look she donned a tweed Louis Vuitton jumpsuit and jacket, accessorizing with a coral pair of Christian Louboutin heels and Pandora earrings.

I adore this look for its playfulness and the complete wearability of the Louis Vuitton tweed.

Nieves wore jewels by Magerit throughout the entire program.

Which of Nieves’ three looks gets your vote for best of the day?

Credit: Style.com< Vogue.es & Victor Blanco studio

Ahna O'Reilly In Monique Lhuillier - 'The Long Shrift' Opening Night After Party

Ahna O’Reilly In Monique Lhuillier – ‘The Long Shrift’ Opening Night After Party

Nieves Alvarez In Robert Verino, Versace & Andrew Gn - Solo Moda

Nieves Alvarez In Robert Verino, Versace & Andrew Gn – Solo Moda

17 Responses to Nieves Alvarez In Custo Barcelona, Stella McCartney & Louis Vuitton – Solo Moda

1. Alina August 20, 2012 at 08:50 #

Missed her!

The Louis Vuitton look is my favourite.

• jo August 20, 2012 at 10:12 #

mine too, absolutely gorgeous. I love how she always owns her looks, she’s so graceful

2. Aatis August 20, 2012 at 10:00 #

Louis Vuitton gets my vote,and she made the Stella McCartney a really different feeling.

3. robbie August 20, 2012 at 13:14 #

really dont like the custo barcelona dress on the model or neives, the stella mccartney and especially the louis vuitton looks are GORGEOUS!

4. Christine August 20, 2012 at 14:18 #

I love the first and last look. I want her shoe collection!

5. Rebecca Z August 20, 2012 at 14:39 #

Love the LV and the Custo Barcelona. The Stella McCartney dress makes her look misshapen in my opinion–too much contrast between her tiny waist and lovely shoulders.

6. errun August 20, 2012 at 15:13 #

I never had heard of this beautiful lady until I started reading about her in your blog! FC..but I must say she has never disappointed me as yet with her sartorial style..she infact makes every look a little better than the looks on models!! I hope to see her in Hollywood if she isn’t already that is!

7. dee August 20, 2012 at 15:14 #

I don’t like the first look. The second and last one are nice. The LV is my favorite.

8. Katie August 20, 2012 at 15:21 #

The Louis Vuitton look is gorgeous on her, its so striking, her heels are a perfect match with the rest of her outfit

9. EmmaWoodhouse August 20, 2012 at 15:26 #

The McCartney dress makes her look so slim it’s almost scary!! It’s because of the black insets, I think–a clever design twist. I think she pulls it off better than Kate Winslet. However, I’m not a big fan of any of these looks.

10. CreoleLady August 20, 2012 at 18:45 #

What a range she has!! Love looks one and three. She even makes the Stella dress tolerable after the umpteenth time. Her shoe game is gold medal worthy.

11. d August 20, 2012 at 19:57 #

she is so amazing. my fav woman of the year!

12. Estefania August 20, 2012 at 20:24 #

SHE IS AMAZING… LOVE LOVE LOVE

13. Marybeth August 20, 2012 at 20:29 #

I would have loved the first look had the dress had either 2 sleeves or none. The single sleeve makes no sense artistically and is a bit ridiculous.

The Stella McCartney is okay, if a bit TOO form-fitting. I do think it makes more sense for a woman who actually NEEDS a bit of streamlining, which Nieves certainly does not!

The Louis Vuitton gets my vote. Love it!

Whether one likes the particular garment she’s wearing or not, Nieves presents EVERYTHING so well!

14. Jones19 August 20, 2012 at 21:59 #

How does she do it? Dayum girl! Custo Barcelona is my fave.

• Nat39 August 21, 2012 at 00:17 #

Same here, Custo Barcelona all the way. She looks a tad tacky in that LV jumpsuit even though her legs are gorgeous.

15. Courtney Grace August 21, 2012 at 05:56 #

Definitely Louis Vuitton but Stella is a close second. I love the interesting styling of the Louis Vuitton outfit. And I really don’t like anything about her Custo Barcelona look.