Who Wore Reem Acra Better…Carrie Underwood or Zhang Ziyi?

Carrie Underwood sparkled in a Reem Acra gold-embellished gown back in November for the 2011 CMA Awards.

The country singer looked absolutely radiant, especially with the addition of gold accessories, flawless makeup, and soft blonde waves.

Zhang Ziyi wore the same cap-sleeve gown to the 12th Annual Chinese Film Media Awards in China back in May.

The Asian actress also does the dress justice, adding gold chandelier earrings, a simple gold timepiece and even her Louboutins were sparkling with gold.

This is a hard one as both women look gorgeous in the gown, but my vote goes to Zhang because I prefer the gold gown on someone with darker hair.

That is the only way I could separate the two.

Credit: CRI Online, Style.com & Getty

13 thoughts on “Who Wore Reem Acra Better…Carrie Underwood or Zhang Ziyi?

1. Moxie

Zhang Ziyi for the win. The dress stands out more against her darker hair. Carrie is too monochromatic.

2. Rebecca Z

Its pretty much a toss up for me–I think both look gorgeous–but I don’t like Zhang’s watch with this gown–a more delicate watch would have been fine, but not this honking big watch.

3. Nat39

Zhang wins easily – the dress works better on her figure, her hair is pulled back to show off the earrings, her clutch is smaller and complements the dress better, and I can forgive the gold timepiece as it isn’t jarring and doesn’t feel too out-of-place. She is elegant and glamorous as opposed to Carrie looking kinda Barbie doll/Country cheesy, agree with the commenters above.

4. Dhppy

I like the cut of the dress better on Zhang Ziyi. It hugs her breasts and nips in at the waist. Underwood’s seems a tad looser in construction. I also prefer the pulled back hairstyle.

5. pipsqueak

Ziyi wins for me. She’s a woman with a better body here, but more importantly, a woman with eyes who speak of big ambitions and steely resolve. She doesn’t pretend to be a Chinese doll with porcelain skin. Carrie … doll and dull.

6. Kathy

Carrie has a gift for making everything she wears look cheap. Her hair and makeup also screams “beauty pageant” to me. She can’t seem to part from the too-heavy eyeliner and shiny Barbie hair.

7. Bobbi

This absolutely hands down goes to Carrie. Her hair makes this stunning. The sideswept bangs and soft curls pair nicely with romantic-ness of the gown. This is one of my favorite all-time looks of hers.