Jessica Biel In Zac Posen – ‘Total Recall’ Dublin Premiere

Following her dramatic turn wearing an Elie Saab gown on Monday, Jessica Biel opted to go short on the red carpet on Tuesday evening for the Dublin premiere of ‘Total Recall’.

Jessica chose a cream-and-gold jacquard Zac Posen Fall 2012 bustier dress with an origami-esque detailed bodice for the occasion.

Her embellished Fendi clutch was a much more complementary look on this occasion. The embellished details offset the crystal-embellished ornament on her mustard Manolo Blanhik pumps.

Here comes the ‘but’.

Sadly the look falls apart from the neck up, with an overly messy faux-bob.

If she needs a tip on how to do the hairstyle properly, she should have asked Kate for some advice.

A scarlet lip colour completed the look.

Credit: Vogue.it & Getty

Kate Beckinsale In H&M and Diane von Furstenberg - RTE TV Studios

Kate Beckinsale In H&M and Diane von Furstenberg – RTE TV Studios

Kate Beckinsale In Donna Karan – ‘Total Recall’ Dublin Premiere

Kate Beckinsale In Donna Karan – ‘Total Recall’ Dublin Premiere

27 Responses to Jessica Biel In Zac Posen – ‘Total Recall’ Dublin Premiere

1. mandy August 15, 2012 at 10:23 #

The styling of the model on the left look nothing less than perfect. While Jessica Biel look like a hot mess.

• dee August 15, 2012 at 13:15 #

2. TL August 15, 2012 at 10:29 #

Totally agree with you FC. She always leave us a “but” in every outfit. This whole look is awful to me.

The dress── go up one size and shorten.
    Maybe she should go for a size up cause the dress feels tight and falls too low on the bust part. The length of the dress should be shorten few inches since she looked short in the dress.

The hair is a mess, and the runway shoes would be so much better than what she wore.

3. Wong Hiao Hiao August 15, 2012 at 10:44 #

Brocade print, calf-length, messy hairdo – matronly, much?

• CreoleLady August 15, 2012 at 13:34 #

I was going with frumpy but I liked how you put it better, lol.

4. Wong Hiao Hiao August 15, 2012 at 10:46 #

Oops, sorry I mean jacquard. But she did look divine in the previous Elie Saab ensemble, despite the less-than-inspiring clutch.

5. Alina August 15, 2012 at 10:55 #

IMO, she ruined the dress with the hairstyle and the makeup.

6. robbie August 15, 2012 at 11:26 #

such a beautiful dress shame she looks as if she was dragged through a hedge.

7. dunzoo August 15, 2012 at 12:06 #

the only thing i like is the make up. the dress is too big on the lower part, it’s sexy on the model but looks very matronly on jessica (and the shoes + the clutch aren’t helping). she always picks up looks that dramatically ages her, i mean, kate beckinsale almost looks younger than her.

8. Tilly August 15, 2012 at 12:33 #

Oh wow, I completely disagree!! I think she looks fantastic and I adore her hair and make-up, especially that lip colour. IMO she looks way more fashion forward and interesting than Kate B.

• goldfish August 16, 2012 at 14:19 #

kate is really mediocre and boring – always sort of the same whilst jessica may go wrong sometimes, but at least she is trying a lot of different things

9. Christine August 15, 2012 at 12:51 #

This is when she is trying too hard. Her other outings, gorgeous and decent. But the hair? Why?

I like the look better on the model.

10. Andrea August 15, 2012 at 13:55 #

Sure, could be better, but could also be worse. The dress is beautiful, right?. But one day she will chock us with perfection, I just know it, and I cant wait!

11. fromchi-town August 15, 2012 at 14:41 #

I don’t like anything about the look. Neither the dress and nor the hair and make up. It just looks like a mess!!

• Nat39 August 15, 2012 at 19:11 #

Ditto. The whole look is plain bad, there is no even a “but”, – from the awkward fit to the awful hair and makeup, and the shoes don’t work either.

12. EmmaWoodhouse August 15, 2012 at 15:24 #

The dress is beautifully ornate, but it needs to be higher on the bust. Also, the hemline is a bit off. Her hair is tragic, especially when compared to Kate. It brings down the whole look.

13. Rebecca Z August 15, 2012 at 16:28 #

For me the shoes are all wrong with this look as is the length of the dress on her–she looks so dumpy. And the hair doesn’t even deserve comment–why would you do that with this kind of delicate dress? She just has no style or taste.

14. Mary Gatto August 15, 2012 at 17:26 #

“Here comes the ‘but’.” Hahahaha! So true.

15. ssanya August 15, 2012 at 17:38 #

I don’t know if I could call Jessica ‘the bravest celebrity at the moment’ or ‘the biggest risk taker’, or just ‘somebody with no personal stamp on her fashion choices’…

She makes me confused…

16. sara August 15, 2012 at 19:15 #

When I look at her, I always think she needs that friend in her life that looks her up and down before an event and honestly tells her, “are you really gonna use that bag?” or “are you gonna fix your hair?” She needs a new stylist that can do better than just pick out pretty dresses. She needs one that can actually put whole, cohesive looks together from head to toe.

• Fashion Critic August 15, 2012 at 20:07 #

Lol..love this comment

• dunzoo August 15, 2012 at 20:19 #

so true lol.. she needs to either hire a new stylist or dump Justin since he “helps” her picking outfits

17. Aline August 15, 2012 at 23:09 #

I give up on her.

And also, those are one of the ugliest pair of shoes I’ve ever seen. My God!

18. Dhppy August 16, 2012 at 01:20 #

Proof positive it’s not what you’ve got, it’s how you work it. Biel is one of the best looking women around and yet she often seems so lost. I think the problem is that she doesn’t know her own style yet. She always looks like she’s in the dressing room spinning around for her friends in “I don’t know. What do you think?” fashion. Until she understands what she’d like to convey (or finds a stylist who can suss this out for her) she’ll never quite look composed.

19. Ogre August 16, 2012 at 10:12 #

shoes…hair…tsk..tsk…
    way to ruin a gorgeous dress…sigh!

20. Ayesha August 16, 2012 at 15:52 #

this is such a mess,the hair and those shoes are the biggest let down for me.

21. pipsqueak August 17, 2012 at 05:13 #

I don’t know which is worse – the hair or the shoe choice. This girl is trying too hard to be someone else. She is the nature girl, the all-American girl next door, the track and field girl, the Neutrogena girl etc. But she’s trying to be the uptown girl, the fashion girl, the movie star, the Gucci/Vuitton/Dior (what have you) fragrance spokeswoman. Her fashion speaks of no identity and her acting is good at neither comedy nor drama.