10.08.12

Victoria Beckham In Celine – Spice Girls Rehearsals

Yesterday the Spice Girls were spotted rehearsing for their performance at the 2012 London Olympic Games closing ceremony which takes place on Sunday.

Victoria Beckham, Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton, Mel B and Mel C were spotted clasping microphones as they stood on top of bedazzled London taxis during the practice session at the Ford car plant in Dagenham, London.

I won’t lie; I can’t wait to see their performance and what they are wearing of course. It’s going to be epic.

Other acts set to perform on the night include Jessie J, Tinie Tempah, George Michael, the Pet Shop Boys and Annie Lennox.

You may recogonise Victoria Beckham’s Celine ensemble with Walter Steiger boots, as she wore the same look at LAX back in June.

Emma is wearing Kate Moss for Topshop.

Credit: FameFlynet

Olivia Palermo For Russia Tatler August 2012

Olivia Palermo For Russia Tatler August 2012

Fergie In Versace - Case-Mate Photoshoot

Fergie In Versace – Case-Mate Photoshoot

16 Responses to Victoria Beckham In Celine – Spice Girls Rehearsals

1. Dolly August 10, 2012 at 12:40 #

So typical for VB. It looks like it’s scorching hot and all the others are dressed appropriately summery, yet she looks like it’s the midst of winter. Must be so uncomfortable…she really ought to relax a bit

• Rash August 10, 2012 at 12:49 #

My Exact thoughts ! How is that heat not bothering her :O

However, very excited to see what they are gonna wear :D

• Christine August 10, 2012 at 14:07 #

+1 That’s posh for you.

• Yeliz August 10, 2012 at 22:52 #

• Ellie August 10, 2012 at 15:46 #

Maybe she doesn’t own enough clothes…

• Saree August 11, 2012 at 04:53 #

True – tho I’d rather see VB rocking the high fashion everyday & at the petrol station (kidding, she doesn’t do that herself) than someone like Gaga, as VB is VB – she naturally wears these outfits.

With that said, I wouldn’t be surprised if their were tensions between some of them. I can just imagine VB either being lazy or less motivated and more focus on looking good. I can’t judge her too harshly as I obv. don’t know the woman, but her interviews don’t help her public opinion of being snobby.

But the microphones are pointless as we know it will be lip-synched, much like the opening ceremony. I’m most looking forward to Jessie J and HOPING she sings a ballad or acoustic to show off her amazing vocals – shove the talent in the audiences faces.

• MEME August 11, 2012 at 05:14 #

That’s how she always was… she don’t care as long as she’s dressed to the nines…. lol….

2. T from Sydney August 10, 2012 at 13:23 #

OMG im super excited for this!!! there are going to be so many good performances!!

i think Geri Halliwell is wearing the Isabel Marant Dicker suede ankle boots

3. Akanke August 10, 2012 at 13:30 #

Hello FC,

1. i pretty much worship your blog, and have been doing so since 2008. :)

2. I wanted to ask your opinion: Do you ever think Victoria Beckham would do a limited-run high-street collaboration, say with H&M, Target, or Topshop? Would it even be necessary, what with stores like Dorothy Perkins and Asos obviously providing women with the kind of silhouette that Mrs. Beckham (and Mr. Mouret) have become known for?

Just wondering! Have a lovely day!

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2012 at 13:36 #

Thank you very much for your support.

I don’t see this happening at all… or at least any time soon.

I think it was be damaging to her brand at this point to do a H&M for Victoria Beckham line. Personally I find these collections to be tacky now.

The only good one was Lanvin. The Versace one was horrendous and put me off for life.

• Beta August 10, 2012 at 14:23 #

agree on the H&M diffusion lines, plus the quality is so cheap (which maybe makes sense because of the price) that it ends up looking garish.
        Some of the Lanvin for H&M looked great in photographs but looked like dolar store costumes in real life imo
        im done with diffusion lines :/
        ill have to wait until im rich to be able to afford the real stuff jeje

4. mia August 10, 2012 at 17:11 #

can’t wait for this show. vb gets kudos for wearing those heels. i like gingers boots too.

5. Jonathan August 10, 2012 at 17:30 #

SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!! VB changed her boots for Manolo Blahnik heels during rehearsals also :)

6. peach August 10, 2012 at 18:27 #

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

I am so excited for this. They look fierce in some of the rehearsal pics. :)

I’m assuming they’re all wearing shoes similar to what they’ll be performing in, except Geri (hopefully!).

7. Kin August 10, 2012 at 19:24 #

Posh has established a certain level of persona that befits elegance, which surely doesn’t gel the whole ‘jumping around the stage and singing’ image. I really want to see how she’ll work that stage

8. Jones19 August 11, 2012 at 15:11 #

I must admit that I’m super excited too to see this performance wweeeh!