Kerry Washington stepped out in the red carpet at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Thursday afternoon for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s 2012 Installation Luncheon.

The ‘Scandal’ star embraced summer’s bright hues, wearing a pink Christian Dior Resort 2013 dress.

The feminine frock features a fit-and-flare silhouette with wide red stripes accenting the voluminous skirt, which is the same dress we saw on Jessica Biel recently.

Keeping her accessories neutral, Kerry opted for simple nude Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ pumps and minimal jewelry.

Retro-inspired curls and bright magenta lippie complete the look.

The shoes are a bit of a snooze, but perfectly appropriate for a luncheon.

Credit: Vogue.it & Getty

Naomi Campbell In Roberto Cavalli - Fashion for Relief Charity Dinner

Naomi Campbell In Roberto Cavalli – Fashion for Relief Charity Dinner

Katie Holmes' Goldsign Seville Wide Leg Jeans

Katie Holmes’ Goldsign Seville Wide Leg Jeans

19 Responses to Kerry Washington In Christian Dior – Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s 2012 Installation Luncheon

1. MEME August 10, 2012 at 09:23 #

I like the shoes…. they add sexy to her delicate look… I think she looks cute here….

2. Anna August 10, 2012 at 09:35 #

I sort of like it, but the skirt part fit is weird. Maybe it needed a better underskirt or petticoat of sorts, not sure. A belt maybe.
    Otherwise, very cute and lovely colour.

3. bm August 10, 2012 at 09:36 #

I prefer Jessica Biel’s version over Kerry’s. The pink version looks cheap, but kuddos for her make up and hair here.

• Alina August 10, 2012 at 09:56 #

4. Yeliz August 10, 2012 at 09:44 #

She looks amazing from head to toe. I love the colour against her skintone.
    I think that this could be a BDOTW contender.

5. Martin August 10, 2012 at 10:21 #

That Dior dress looks remarkably like this piece from Miuccia Prada’s iconic S/S 2008 Miu Miu collection. Kind of embarrassing if you ask me.

Having said that … Kerry doesn’t look bad in this dress, but I would’ve preferred more body and volume in the skirt like the runway version. There is a flatness here which makes the look quite uninteresting.

• Lee Ann August 10, 2012 at 11:08 #

Martin -most of Prada’s geometric A/W 2012 was done by Marni a few years earlier-all designers take from each other . This dress was based on a late 50’s dress by Mr Dior

• Martin August 10, 2012 at 13:25 #

Lee Ann – I take your point, but Prada has been doing geometrics since the 1990s (see Carolyn Murphy in Prada’s S/S 1996 campaign) and they are one of Miuccia’s trademarks.

I’m not saying that she invented them, just as I’m not saying that she invented this style of dress – I’m just saying that it sits uncomfortably close to the Miu Miu look for my liking.

• LeeAnn August 10, 2012 at 14:16 #

Yes I know I own that outfit .

I found a picture of Harlem taken in the early 60’s and the girls were wearing dresses that were the spitting image of Prada SS 2011.

I was at at vintage clothes show and saw a dress from the 40’s that had sequinned birds eerily similiar to Miu Miu SS last year. The owner said the Miu miu team had borrowed the dress-according to him they do it all the time .

Sadly nothing is that original any more.

• Mandy August 10, 2012 at 12:02 #

Exactly my thoughts. It is a total rip off.

• MEME August 11, 2012 at 05:17 #

+1 That’s exactly what came into my mind as well….

6. Taylor August 10, 2012 at 12:41 #

WOW…she looks amazing

7. Dolly August 10, 2012 at 12:43 #

Not sold on the dress on Kerry. There is a little cute girl vibe coming from the dress, yet I consider her to be sexy and powerful, so I dont think it suits her all that much. the fit is questionable also

8. Christine August 10, 2012 at 14:16 #

I like the color against her skin tone but I prefer the look book dress.

9. Nancy August 10, 2012 at 14:22 #

This is just a personal opinion. I know this silhouette is popular, but to me, on grown women, it just looks silly. I don’t particularly like it in general, but if it has to be worn I think it should be on young women. It just looks too young. At least she lengthened it and that’s a good thing. Color is pretty on her, though.

10. lu August 10, 2012 at 16:22 #

Between the silouete, the color of the dress and the hair and pink lips this outfit looks too young for her, something that Elle Faning or Ariel Winter should wear. Maby the same silouette in the navy color, and with different styling would’ve look better.

11. Leti August 10, 2012 at 18:23 #

Love the colors! But she could take notes from Jessica Biel on how to get this look properly tailored. I wish Biel had worn this color instead of the white.

12. Mimi August 11, 2012 at 15:55 #

Queen Kerry looks fabulous as always <3

13. EmmaWoodhouse August 12, 2012 at 01:49 #

It’s a bit too cutesy for her, I think–and I kind of preferred the runway colors. I wish it were a couple of inches longer. Then it would feel more mature. She does look pretty, though!