Mickey Sumner attended the ‘Missed Connections’ screening during the 2012 GenArt Film Festival opening night at the School of Visual Arts Theater in New York City last night.

Wearing a very distinctive Rorschach floral print from Prabal Gurung’s Spring 2012 collection, her long-sleeved flared dress was styled with black accessories by British designers.

Nicholas Kirkwood for Prabal Gurung ankle strap pumps and an instantly recognisable Alexander McQueen 3D leather skull box clutch with a punk skull clasp amped up the look.

The actress offsets the edginess of her look with a romantic updo with wavy tendrils.

Does the hair contradict the look? Or do you love this from head to toe?

You can buy Mickey’s Alexander McQueen clutch from AlexanderMcQueen.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Keira Knightley In Chanel - The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

Keira Knightley In Chanel – The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

Mena Suvari In Georges Chakra Couture - 11th Annual InStyle Summer Soiree

Mena Suvari In Georges Chakra Couture – 11th Annual InStyle Summer Soiree

10 Responses to Mickey Sumner In Prabal Gurung – 2012 GenArt Film Festival Opening Night ‘Missed Connections’ Screening

1. Rashmi August 9, 2012 at 18:22 #

Thats one ugly dress! it looks bettter on the runway with the black belt..

2. amparo August 9, 2012 at 18:46 #

The dress and hair are so so, but the same color shoes and clutch BORING!

3. Jones19 August 9, 2012 at 20:49 #

I don’t like the dress and the accessories just don’t make me excited about this look.

4. It somehow doesn’t work with her shape, does it? Also, it was much better with the harness. I feel like I feel when I look at pictures of January Jones.

• Nat39 August 9, 2012 at 21:50 #

This was exactly my 1st thought – the dress doesn’t really work on her with her shape/body proportions and looks better with the harness on the runway. The bust is saggy, needed support.
      A soft hairstyle would’ve worked just fine with this look (it’s not really that edgy esp. without the harness) but not this particular very unflattering one. She just doesn’t look good.

5. Carmen August 9, 2012 at 22:24 #

Her hair is okay, but those shoes are horrendous!

6. Yeliz August 9, 2012 at 23:35 #

I prefer the runway version of this dress.

• Alina August 10, 2012 at 06:00 #

And I really dislike the sweet hairstyle and the black shoes.

7. Christine August 10, 2012 at 00:54 #

I prefer the runway dress but she looks ok here.

8. EmmaWoodhouse August 11, 2012 at 19:32 #

The dress and hair together are too busy. I wish that she’d worn a belt–the black accessories would feel more cohesive then. But overall I just don’t think the dress was the right choice.