Olympic gold medal-winning Heptathlete Jessica Ennis attended ‘Athletics Night’ presented by Omega House in London yesterday evening.

The Face of the 2012 London Olympic Games continues her run of wearing British designers. On this occasion, she wore a pretty Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 dress.

Her pretty coral jersey skater-skirt dress was styled with simple accessories including a black belt, black pumps and an Omega timepiece.

With her honey locks swept into a side bun she completed her look with small gold hooped earrings a pink lip colour.

This is the second time we have seen this dress on the red carpet, both times with black accessories. I would love to see this dress styled another way.

How would you style this look?

You can buy Jessica’s Alexander McQueen dress from Matches Fashion US, Matches Fashion International, farfetch.com US and farfetch.com

Credit: Alexander McQueen & Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Lady Gaga Wears Dior & Armani On The Same Day

Lady Gaga Wears Dior & Armani On The Same Day

16 Responses to Jessica Ennis In Alexander McQueen – OMEGA House Presents ‘Athletics Night’ Party

1. Kyriaki-Cyprus August 9, 2012 at 09:36 #

I usually like belts with dresses like this one but I think itn’t necessary here, or maybe if it was thinner or in a different colour, it would have been better. I’m missing the sandals from the lookbook but I think it was raining in London yesterday, so it might be reasonable that she chose pumps. The colour is perfect for her skin tone though.

2. Erin August 9, 2012 at 09:40 #

With gold would be pretty, or pearl-coloured accessories.

3. Alina August 9, 2012 at 09:49 #

“How would you style this look?”

Gold belt and fierce sandals.

• EmmaWoodhouse August 10, 2012 at 04:12 #

That sounds good! I kind of like the black, but two imperfect runs of it are tiring…Jessica beats Salma, but I’m ready for this to be shaken up. I think that a silver belt with turquoise heels and turquoise and silver jewelry would look good too.

4. CreoleLady August 9, 2012 at 09:53 #

Not thrilled with the black accessories. Love her hair. What an accomplishment! Truly Olympian.

5. noo August 9, 2012 at 11:11 #

i don’t think that black is the classic color to go with this dress and i find it very weird that 2 people think that way! maybe a light brown would have been better!

6. Kathy August 9, 2012 at 11:17 #

That may just be the most un-McQueen-looking McQueen dress I’ve ever seen. Kate Middleton’s included.

7. Yeliz August 9, 2012 at 11:36 #

I think the model’s styling is great and with the addition of a thin belt in the colour of the clutch, it would be an amazing look.

Or with pearl-coloured accessories, like Erin said before.

8. bm August 9, 2012 at 12:53 #

The shoes are the biggest sin here, big NO.

9. Nancy August 9, 2012 at 13:59 #

Why put a belt? Isn’t this a drop waist type dress? The belt sits too high since the waist is lower and looks strange. I think maybe an interesting statement necklace and gold or a contrasting colored strappy sandal and interesting clutch.

• Nat39 August 9, 2012 at 23:25 #

I think a belt is needed here, otherwise without it, the dress resembles a figure-skater dress a bit too much.

• Nancy August 10, 2012 at 14:54 #

I don’t know…why make a dress with that drop waist and then put a belt at the waist line? It just looks silly. If you don’t like the style of the dress (obviously as the designer made it, note no belt!), then wear a different style dress. With a belt it now has two waist lines. Oh, well, just my opinion. I think the line of the dress is the point of the dress, otherwise it has no style at all, just a totally plain dress.

10. Katie August 9, 2012 at 15:12 #

I think like Erin said a gold or pearl belt or even with a chain belt it would dress it up,gold pearl drop hearings and a clutch would finish the look off

11. Sara August 9, 2012 at 16:29 #

With so many amazing shoes out there,why would anyone in their right mind wear pumps???

• Fashion Critic August 9, 2012 at 16:35 #

“I am a normal fashion loving middle class gal with idk, maybe 40+ pairs of shoes, and I do not have ONE pair of black pumps in my closet!!!” – AMEN…neither do I.

12. Christine August 10, 2012 at 01:11 #

I would style this look with colorful accessories. Likely blue sandals or blue flats with a small tiny belt. This is a pretty dress.