09.08.12

Ashley Madekwe In Zimmermann – 11th Annual InStyle Summer Soiree

Ashley Madekwe joined her ‘Revenge’ co-star Christa B. Allen and a host of P.Y.T.s on the red carpet at The London Hotel in West Hollywood, California, for InStyle’s Summer Soiree last night.

The actress looked divine wearing a Zimmermann Resort 2013 dress.

Many know Zimmermann for their sexy swimwear, but the Australian brand continues to prove that they know a thing or two about ready-to-wear.

Ashley’s white-and-pink splatter print halter dress was styled with a gold Edie Parker clutch, and a pair of the still-popular Christian Louboutin ‘Bis Un Bout’ pumps in red.

I’m glad she was more daring with her footwear choice.

With Ashley’s hair pulled back to showcase that high neckline, she completed her look with shimmering pink lips and black tasselled earrings.

She was easily one of my favourites on the night.

Credit: Getty

Sharni Vinson's Salvatore Ferragamo Multicolor Belted Silk Jumpsuit

Sharni Vinson’s Salvatore Ferragamo Multicolor Belted Silk Jumpsuit

Lady Gaga Wears Dior & Armani On The Same Day

Lady Gaga Wears Dior & Armani On The Same Day

18 Responses to Ashley Madekwe In Zimmermann – 11th Annual InStyle Summer Soiree

1. Moxie August 9, 2012 at 15:30 #

I’m always glad when people are more adventurous with their footwear, but the red shoes just don’t go with the frothy white and pink dress.

2. shap_half August 9, 2012 at 15:51 #

She looks lovely, but I gotta say that her accessories don’t really work for me as they’re styled together. Individually, they’re all great, but I think the earrings put the whole look off balanced.

3. Aideen August 9, 2012 at 15:52 #

Love her, she also has great street style, just started to follow her blog recently, affordable too, apart from the shoes, of course!

4. Alina August 9, 2012 at 15:55 #

I don’t like the earrings and the hairstyle. The dress and the clutch are divine.

• Christine August 10, 2012 at 01:00 #

Agreed. Not a fan of the hairstyle here but the dress & shoes are gorgeous.

5. TeaAtTwo August 9, 2012 at 15:57 #

I think she looks gorgeous head to toe. I really like the elegant shape and length with the slight edginess of the print. It feels modern and summery. The shoes stand out in a good way. BDOTW contender for me.

6. moja31 August 9, 2012 at 16:01 #

the hair is a bit severe, and god those shoes look painful. pretty dress though, even if it does make her neck look unreasonably short.

7. Naama August 9, 2012 at 16:08 #

I don’t get the shoes with this dress.

8. Thomas August 9, 2012 at 16:56 #

it looks like someone threw koolaid all over her dress idk I am not the fan of the print

9. justme August 9, 2012 at 16:57 #

I’ve followed Ashley’s blog for awhile and for the most part, I like her style. That being said, the shoes don’t work for me here. AT ALL. Maybe she should have opted for the pink version.

10. Jones19 August 9, 2012 at 20:54 #

The shoes and the earrings do not go with this sweet dress at all. Sorry.

• Nat39 August 9, 2012 at 22:23 #

Ditto. Neither the shoes nor the earrings go with the dress.
      And a silver clutch instead of gold would’ve worked better here. Absolutely wrong choice of accessories.

11. Yeliz August 9, 2012 at 23:15 #

She is one of my favourites of the night as well, but I wish that she hadn’t worn those earrings.

12. Nancy August 10, 2012 at 14:47 #

Totally wrong earrings and wrong shoes. FC, why do you say you like those shoes with that dress? Just curious. Sometimes just doing something different does not make it good. This is not even “color blocking”, it’s just the wrong color shoes with that dress.

13. harris August 10, 2012 at 14:50 #

BDOTW!!!!!!!

14. Kiwi August 10, 2012 at 17:19 #

Love the dress but not the styling.. the hair is not working as well. her pose is also a bit awkard

15. EmmaWoodhouse August 10, 2012 at 23:31 #

Cute, fresh, summery dress but bad styling. The earrings don’t go (though I like them) and the shoes are really bad with this. I’m also not a fan of her hairstyle.

16. Courtney Grace August 13, 2012 at 01:26 #

I think the dress is really interesting, but pairing a white and pink dress with red shoes? Really?