08.08.12

Zoe Kazan In RED Valentino – Swisscom Leopard of Honor To Leos Carax

Zoe Kazan is also attending the 65th Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland to promote her latest movie, ‘Ruby Sparks’.

On Friday, she took to the red carpet for the Swisscom Leopard of Honor To Leos Carax wearing a red Valentino Fall 2012 dress.

Not knowing much about Zoe, I Googled her and was shocked to discover that she is 28-years-old.

Judging her purely on this cute ballerina-inspired tutu frock with black trims and embellished details, I thought she was a teenager.

She looks very pretty, but I would leave this frock for the Disney stars.

Black YSL Palais Mary Jane platform pumps, smoky eyes, a pink lip shade and loose waves completed her look.

Credit: FameFlynet

Moran Atias In Valentino - National Women's History Museum Women Making History Event

Moran Atias In Valentino – National Women’s History Museum Women Making History Event

Jessica Biel In Valentino - Out In London

Jessica Biel In Valentino – Out In London

23 Responses to Zoe Kazan In RED Valentino – Swisscom Leopard of Honor To Leos Carax

1. T from Sydney August 8, 2012 at 15:15 #

wow 28?? she is like Alexis Bledel who just does not age.

i like everything but the shoes.

• bm August 8, 2012 at 15:38 #

Yeah, blessed them. Love everything but the shoes too.

2. Alina August 8, 2012 at 15:18 #

I agree with you, FC.

3. CreoleLady August 8, 2012 at 15:59 #

Lol, maybe she and Bella Thorne can change outfits. I thought 14 y.o. Bella was in her late twenties in that Ted Baker dress.

• EmmaWoodhouse August 10, 2012 at 04:10 #

I would love to see this on Bella Thorne! It’s a pretty dress and would suit her perfectly. It does seem a bit young for Zoe, and I don’t think it suits here complexion.

4. Hannah August 8, 2012 at 16:22 #

I am not a huge fan of this look, I don’t love the dress anyway, but I aggree that it would suit someone younger better, and there is also something wintery about this look, it reminds me of Christmas somehow.
    Her shoes, which are so detrimental to this look IMO, are the YSL Palais Mary Jane Platform pumps, Olivia Wilde has also worn them.

• Fashion Critic August 8, 2012 at 20:03 #

5. Provost August 8, 2012 at 17:10 #

If you liked the look on her before you knew her age, doesn’t that simply mean she looks good in it? I don’t think she should have to pass on a good look just because of her age.

• Zerina August 8, 2012 at 18:28 #

I agree completely. :)

• Fashion Critic August 8, 2012 at 20:05 #

If you read the text correctly, I said I was surprised at her age. I did not say I didn’t like the look upon finding out that she was 28.

• Zerina August 9, 2012 at 01:24 #

Yes, but you said you would leave it up to someone younger. I disagree, that’s all.

6. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) August 8, 2012 at 19:36 #

I thought she was a well styled 14. Pretty everything sans the shoes.

7. Jayme August 8, 2012 at 19:46 #

Can I please remind everyone that Zooey Deschanel is 32 years old and dresses less sophisticated and more childlike

Age is irrevelevant if you LOOK a certain age.

• Luca August 8, 2012 at 20:33 #

Totally agree Jayme, how come Zooey gets a pass but Zoe doesn’t?! It is a perfectly fine outfit and I think it suits her personality and style (she is a “quirky” indie actress and seems shy in interviews) how can people judge her when they have never heard anything about her?! Meanwhile Elizabeth Olsen dresses like she is in her 40′s and she is only 23!!! Age ain’t anything but a number!!! Besides this dress could easily be worn by Michelle Williams and we would totally accept it cause that’s just her “style” of dressing! Maybe this is Zoe’s “style”?!

8. Rachel August 8, 2012 at 20:34 #

Her makeup is gorgeous… I’d like to know how to recreate that look. But have to agree with FC this is dress is way too cutesy for my taste.

9. Tati M August 8, 2012 at 21:44 #

I also thought she was a teenager

• Christine August 9, 2012 at 01:43 #

Thought so too.

• Bag Co October 27, 2012 at 07:49 #

Agreed, she does look much younger than 28. The dress definitely plays a part in the “cuteness”

10. Yeliz August 8, 2012 at 23:13 #

“She looks very pretty, but I would leave this frock for the Disney stars.” ITA.

11. carolina August 9, 2012 at 01:51 #

This whole look reminds me of a character in a Tim Burton flick – goth with a side of cute. This is where Alex Chung is coming from, as well, and the whole trend leaves me stone cold. I don’t care how old she is and it’s not about age appropriate… for me, the look infantalizes grown women. In some ways, it’s a reprisal of the 1920s but it lacks the sensuality of that era even though the trend is certainly toward minimizing breasts, hips, and other evidence of adult female bodies. At least in that era, luxe fabrics and trims lent shape and movement; these look like stretched out Shirley Temple dresses, with their Peter Pan collars and maryjanes.

12. tracy August 9, 2012 at 07:18 #

Hmm… see a lot of interesting discussions about age here. Personally, I think she looks great in what she wears. Anyway, I think when you are famous, people will tend to comment on what you wear. But at the end of the day, it is about whether you like what you are wearing. So why worry about other people’s comments. There will always be both positive and negative comments. You just can’t please everyone.

• Alyssa August 9, 2012 at 08:58 #

Well said Tracy! :)

13. TL August 9, 2012 at 10:35 #

Sorry but I don’t like her smokey makeup. She looks too pale and ghosty