Who’s That Girl? – Lizzy Caplan

Lizzy Caplan is an American actress best known for her TV roles in the CBS show ‘The Class’ and HBO’s ‘True Blood’ (2008), plus she’s starred in movies such as ‘Mean Girls’ (2004) and ‘Cloverfield’ (2008).

The 30-year-old actress has suddenly come back on our radar with a shorter hairstyle, attending two premieres and a photocall within the last five days.

She started her red-carpet comeback at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre last Thursday at ‘The Campaign’ premiere wearing an on-trend white crop top and a Rachel Zoe A-line ‘Drew’ skirt from the designer’s Resort 2013 collection.

A blue satin Kotur clutch, matching blue nail polish, accessorized her look along with Dolce & Gabbana wedges.

Yesterday she attended the ‘Bachelorette’ photocall during the 65th Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland.

Whilst I applaud the artistic nature of her Lisa Ho tropical-print mini dress, I find her yellow-and-nude BCBG ‘Vera’ studded raffia sandals a bit of an eyesore.

By nightfall she was on the red carpet again, this time for the movie’s premiere, dressed in a signature Issa London dress.

Her emerald-green gathered dress was styled with copper Brian Atwood ‘Amelye’ sandals and a matching clutch.

Credit: Getty

Katie Holmes' Current/Elliott The Snap Denim Jacket

Katie Holmes’ Current/Elliott The Snap Denim Jacket

Beauty Trend Spotting: Emmy Rossum's Grey Nails

Beauty Trend Spotting: Emmy Rossum’s Grey Nails

13 Responses to Who’s That Girl? – Lizzy Caplan

1. Malinda Jane August 7, 2012 at 19:55 #

I love Lizzy Caplan. She was on Party Down and guest starred on New Girl this year, as well.
    I hope we get to see more of her on the red carpet, because i’d love to see more of her style. The Issa dress is my favourite. LOVE the shoes, very unexpected but it works for her.

2. Dhppy August 7, 2012 at 21:39 #

I enjoy all of these outfits. I actually like the yellow and nude sandals with the colorful Ho dress. It’s only the Brain Atwood shoes that I think ruin the lovely emerald green gown.

• carolina August 8, 2012 at 04:57 #

You read my mind! I thought the yellow sandals were fun with the dress, but hate the Atwoods with that graceful green gown.

3. Yeliz August 7, 2012 at 23:20 #

I know her from Mean Girls.
    Her Lisa Ho look is my favourite here, I really like it, including the shoes.

Btw, Brittany Snow also wore the green Issa dress.

4. bm August 8, 2012 at 00:01 #

I love the 1st picture, it was simple, and I love the blue clutch with the yellow skirt.

5. Casey August 8, 2012 at 00:47 #

I agree with Dhppy! I love the yellow and nude sandals; they’re unexpected but complimentary, young and fun. Super cute, can’t wait to see more!!

6. Hannah August 8, 2012 at 04:22 #

I adore Lizzy Caplan, she was hilarious in Mean Girls, good in New Girl, and I am so looking forward to seeing her in bachelorette.
    I love how interesting adn different all fo her looks here are, adn while I’m nto dying over any of thm, thank god that are neither 1. A short, tight mini dress or 2. Suited to only event occurring between October and February. Also, even though I don’t die for any of her shoes, none of them are nude or black pumps, which is very impressive in my books.
    The first pair are Dolce & Gabbana, and the second are BCBG. http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/dolce-gabbana-wedge-sandal-item-10194378.aspx

• Fashion Critic August 8, 2012 at 07:31 #

thanks a lot

7. Alina August 8, 2012 at 05:44 #

She looks just OK for me.

8. ginaw August 8, 2012 at 07:00 #

aw LOVE lizzie caplan and love all these looks, they all look cool and effortless

i personally love the yellow shoes!

9. Christine August 8, 2012 at 14:03 #

I like the second and third look the best.

10. Leslie-Anne August 9, 2012 at 15:06 #

Didn’t Rose McGowan wear that Issa dress years ago and look amazing??? This is an example of how accesorizing can completely make or break a look!

11. EmmaWoodhouse August 10, 2012 at 03:49 #

None of the looks do it for me, although I like the skirt from the first, the print on the second, and the color of the third…