06.08.12

Miley Cyrus For Marie Claire US September 2012

More September cover stars are starting to be unveiled. Marie Claire appear to be going for the teen market, enlisting Miley Cyrus to grace their cover.

The 19-year-old engaged star was captured by Tesh wearing a bejewelled Christian Dior dress on the cover, with the rest of her editorial featuring Paco Rabanne, Aquilano.Rimondi, Tom Ford, Versace, Roberto Cavalli and Kanye West.

Miley talks to the mag about feeling happier than ever, her fiancé Liam Hemsworth and her engagement ring.

Read Miley’s full interview when the September issue of Marie Claire hits newsstands on September 17, or check out the extracts below:

On being with fiance Liam Hemsworth: “Life is too short not to be with the person you want to be with. I don’t really care about the wedding or the piece of paper as much as I do the promise we’ve made to each other. And we want to have a long engagement.”

On her dog, Ziggy: “She’s a stubborn little b**ch, that one. She doesn’t listen to me. She’s in love with Liam. She loves me when he’s gone, but she totally ate my diamonds on purpose. She was pooping them out all morning!”

On her vintage engagement ring: “I had no input. We’d been kind of talking about [getting engaged], and I saw something like it online at one point and thought it was really pretty, but I usually wear rose gold. I just love that it’s old and has a story. And I’m happy because it doesn’t look like anything else I wear.”

Credit: Tesh for Marie Claire

Sarah Jessica Parker In Steven Alan - Out In New York City

Sarah Jessica Parker In Steven Alan – Out In New York City

Laura Dundovic In Manning Cartell - ‘The Campaign' Sydney Premiere

Laura Dundovic In Manning Cartell – ‘The Campaign’ Sydney Premiere

12 Responses to Miley Cyrus For Marie Claire US September 2012

1. Ade August 6, 2012 at 17:39 #

I like her attitude. She’s no Selena Gomez but she’s harmless. I don’t know why she’s getting a September cover with nothing to promote, I guess that’s why I’m a student and not an Editor in Chief.

2. Chan August 6, 2012 at 17:45 #

This girl seems to be famous for being famous these days. Why is she landing a coveted September cover to talk about her engagement, her fiance and her flipping dog. Ridiculous!

• Christine August 6, 2012 at 17:57 #

I agree to a certain extent. Apparently her name sells magazine covers. I agree without nothing to promote but her engagement is a bit much.

Although, the photos inside the spread is GREAT.

• jeremy August 6, 2012 at 19:23 #

Wait for 3 years and she will be the next reality star on E! I still found her very obnoxious, though.

• Jordan August 6, 2012 at 23:00 #

She’s a classy little thing, huh? $5 per issue and everyone wants to hear about her dog pooping out diamonds…

3. robbie August 6, 2012 at 18:21 #

can she not do any other facial expression? she looks like a waxwork model. the editorial is good but nothing overly exciting.

“but she totally ate my diamonds on purpose. She was pooping them out all morning!” WOW! TMI.

4. the(un?)social butterfly August 6, 2012 at 19:18 #

She looks beautiful in every take, but there´s some excess pouting going on. I love the way her eyes are popping out of the pictures, though.

5. Kathy August 6, 2012 at 20:18 #

Miley Cyrus in Christian Dior? Kill me now. I can’t think of a bigger injustice…

She’s no model, she’s hardly a musician, and her acting career isn’t exactly through-the-roof successful, so why is she on a Septemer cover? Does being engaged to Liam Hemsworth entitle her to A-list status? I’m rolling my eyes just thinking about it.

6. EmmaWoodhouse August 6, 2012 at 22:27 #

She really bothers me, with her attitude, her overposing, and what she’s promoting…I don’t think that earns her a September cover. Still, keeping it to fashion, I like the Versace dress and the Dior cover dress.
    Am I the only one insulted by the fact that Kanye West’s ‘designs’ are getting used in fashion spreads? Haha ;)

7. JJ August 6, 2012 at 22:38 #

She looks GORGEOUS, but why is she covering the most important month in the fashion? What exactly is she promoting right now? Her gym trips, Liam Hemsworth and her dog?

Marie Claire, you FAIL.

8. Fiona-Brasil August 6, 2012 at 23:20 #

Independent of what she is or she is not , A- list or Z-list, she seems pretty on this magazine cover, I didn’t see the inside.
    Anyhow, she is a lucky girl , at 19 , to be dressed by Dior and such is a prestigious prize.

9. crystal August 7, 2012 at 05:58 #

is it just me or there is something seriously wrong w her mouth? whats with the pouting in every photo??