02.08.12

Victoria Beckham For Glamour US September 2012

Victoria Beckham wore nothing but bubbles and a Stephen Russell tiara on the cover of the much-anticipated Glamour US September 2012 issue.

Pamela Hanson captures the designer wearing considerably more for the rest of her editorial, including a Victoria Beckham Fall 2012 dress, of course, plus an orange lace top by Lover.

Victoria talked to Glamour about her work, her marriage, her thoughts on Fifty Shades of Grey, how she reinvented her life, why she’d never say never to having another baby and she also shared that she would love to see Chloe Moretz, Clémence Poésy, and Kate Bosworth grace future covers of Glamour.

The designer not only features in the magazine, she also guest edited Glamour’s first-ever “Full-On Fashion” issue with Cindi Leive, which will be available on newsstands and online Aug 7.

Check out Victoria Beckham’s Twitter feed for exclusive photos from her cover shoot or for more information head on over to Glamour.com to read Victoria’s editor note.

On guest editing the September issue: “It’s been exciting for me to see my ideas come to life, from type colors to photo selection to casting. I even made my own list of Glamour fashion Don’ts to keep out of the issue: boat shoes (unless of course you’re designer Alber Elbaz or on a boat!), Bermuda shorts, nose rings, Crocs, and American tan tights (that’s nude pantyhose to you).”

On why she is never seen smiling: “Do you know, I don’t know?! I actually used to smile a lot in pictures. I think I only stopped smiling when I got into fashion. [Laughs.] Fashion stole my smile! I’ve created this person. And I’m not saying that’s not me, but I wouldn’t say that’s the whole me…. It’s an armor that goes up.”

On reading 50 Shades of Grey: “I’m halfway through the second one. I even bought my mum the book! But every time she tries to engage in conversation about it, I kind of dodge the subject. I don’t really want to talk to my mother about S&M.”

On her husband, David, coming to see her fashion show in New York this past season: “It was the first time! He’s always been working or training. But I was nervous about this show. I was feeling a lot of pressure. He phoned me the night before, and I just said, “I want you to come be with me. I want a cuddle. I really do.” And it was great to have him there. I think he was surprised; I don’t usually bother him with much detail. And then you get there, and the models, the hair, the makeup…I think he was blown away!”

On where she sees herself and her family in 5 years: “I’d like everybody to be healthy and happy. I’d like to be growing the business at a steady pace, and to be making more women feel empowered, beautiful, and confident. And I’d never say never about another baby. It’s a juggling act—a career, family, a husband who’s busy. But I’d never say never!”

Credit: Courtesy of Glamour

Mila Kunis In Christian Dior - 'Ted' LA Premiere

Mila Kunis In Christian Dior – ‘Ted’ LA Premiere

Daisy Lowe For InStyle UK September 2012

Daisy Lowe For InStyle UK September 2012

20 Responses to Victoria Beckham For Glamour US September 2012

1. elena August 2, 2012 at 11:40 #

Amazing picture!!!!! sooo beautiful and fresh!

2. Kathy August 2, 2012 at 12:24 #

I should be tired of her by now–she’s vastly overrated–but for some reason I can’t hate her. She always seems so clever, grounded, and fun to talk to in these interviews. Such a contrast to the pouty, indifferent air she exudes on the red carpet.

3. TL August 2, 2012 at 12:46 #

Wow this is gorgeous, something really new and different of her. It’s cute, fun and colorful. Love it!

• TL August 2, 2012 at 12:52 #

Especially the third photo, she looks hot in the red dress and glasses. And the makeup are awesome!

4. Ade August 2, 2012 at 12:53 #

If she doesn’t smile, she doesn’t smile. Eminem also doesn’t smile but I can promise you people don’t give him crap as much as they do with Victoria.

• Bree August 3, 2012 at 01:07 #

Yes! Very well pointed. Women are always supposed to smile and be pleasant, god forbids we have our own personality!

• Vidhya August 3, 2012 at 02:49 #

This made me laugh out loud.. so true! Even Kanye West. I guess they think they can be taken seriously only when they look serious.

• MEME August 3, 2012 at 03:46 #

+1 I don’t get why people make such a big deal about her not smiling, let her do her….

• Ahot August 3, 2012 at 12:55 #

++++2! Obviously they don´t seem to understand that a (true) celeb has a public persona, quite different from who he/she actually is, & for Victoria, it´s the non-smiling diva.

5. Christine August 2, 2012 at 13:01 #

She shows so much personality in the photos and interview. I love the color! So cute :)

• Yeliz August 2, 2012 at 14:50 #

6. rosie August 2, 2012 at 13:02 #

Wow she looks like shes enjoying herself!!

7. styler August 2, 2012 at 14:04 #

oh WOW! That is a very worthy September issue. I love the red dress pic and face #death

8. Zissou August 2, 2012 at 14:25 #

I love that she’s confident enough to allow herself to look this silly. ^^

9. Peach August 2, 2012 at 15:14 #

I love her. I wish she would just crack a tiny smile so everyone knows how pleasant she really is, and it can stop being a topic of conversation. She always looks fab.

10. Vera August 2, 2012 at 18:30 #

Maybe the problem with her smile is that she has small teeth with visible gums: I can remember people used to laugh about it when she was a Spice Girl. I don’t see nothing wrong with her smile, but I know from experience that you tend to hide that for which people laugh at you.

11. Monique Gabrielle August 3, 2012 at 03:03 #

I can care less about her teeth or her smile and I really don’t know much about her personality. However, I do know this much: She can rock some clothes! She looks amazing in what she wears and she shows extreme confidence. Keep killin’ them, Victoria!

12. Emi August 4, 2012 at 06:13 #

I’ve never been a fan of this woman, honestly, but I think she looks very cute in these photos and I kinda admire her. Somebody else (a wag) could have lived with all the money of her husband (plus all the money earned with Spice Girls) but she decided to have a career of her own and even if I think that it’s been easy for her to do it, because of the money and fame, she deserves respect.

13. Emi August 4, 2012 at 06:16 #

By the way, I agree very much with her about the list of fashion don’ts, even if I don’t know exactly what nose rings are.

14. Jessica Gasiunas August 5, 2012 at 20:30 #

Does anyone know who makes her glasses frames in the photo with the red dress! They are a must have!