Who Wore Lanvin Better? Charlize Theron or Rachel Weisz

Charlize Theron was first seen wearing this Lanvin sleeveless dress from the Fall 2012 collection while busy promoting her summer flicks, ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ and ‘Prometheus’ on ‘The Today Show’, back in May.

The blonde bombshell accessorized with Christian Louboutin ‘Decoupata’ ankle booties, which certainly spice up this rather ‘careful’ look for the bold actress. However, little did we know she wouldn’t be the only actress to flaunt her sexy bod in this simple-looking frock.

Rachel Weisz took the same approach while also promoting her latest flick ‘The Bourne Legacy’ on ‘Good Morning America’ in New York City this week, exactly two months later wearing the emerald-green version of the dress.

The British actress paired her dress with nude lace-up Gianvito Rossi peep-toe heels and left the rest of her look clean. The sleeveless chic number shows off her svelte frame to a tee.

Both stars certainly have the figure to pull of this neoprene sheath dress, but I’m not exactly crazy about the design on either; it’s kind of a safe choice for both, but appropriate for morning television shows.

However, I’m partial to side with Rachel as I like her choice of Gianvito Rossi heels with the green frock better.

You can buy Charlize and Rachel’s Lanvin dress in blue from Bergdorf Goodman
Rachel’s Gianvito Rossi sandals from The Corner and
Charlize’s Christian Louboutin ankle boots from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: FameFlynet & INFDaily

Kate Bosworth In Stella McCartney - 2014 Met Gala

Kate Bosworth In Stella McCartney – 2014 Met Gala

Who Wore Salvatore Ferragamo Better? Rosario Dawson, Zhang Xin Yi or Jennifer Lopez

13 Responses to Who Wore Lanvin Better? Charlize Theron or Rachel Weisz

1. Kathy August 1, 2012 at 10:23 #

It’s no competition for me. Charlize rocks that black dress, her shoe choice is stellar, and I love the straight hair and red lips.

2. CreoleLady August 1, 2012 at 13:29 #

Whoa, both women brought their shoe “A” games. Tough call but I have to go with Weisz. The green is gorge.

3. CreoleLady August 1, 2012 at 13:45 #

BTW, I noticed that “Taylor Casey” posted this, a new name for me. The giveaway was not so much the style of writing but that FC called this look amazing on Rachel Weisz. In this post, the praise is much more muted, “I’m not exactly crazy about…” Made me wonder what changed. Looks like FC is adding to her team which means more points of view. Works for me!

• Kathy August 2, 2012 at 11:25 #

Where does it say the new name? I’m not seeing a byline

• CreoleLady August 4, 2012 at 09:42 #

The byline is on the same line as the tags for the post, below the “more from rfca” pictures and above “next story” and “previous story” links, at least on my screen.

4. Sharon @ Red Poppy | Pink Peony August 1, 2012 at 14:44 #

Tough call. They’re both beautiful women with great figures, gorgeous hair and fab shoes! The dress itself is a little too plain but fits them perfectly.

5. cartouche August 1, 2012 at 16:34 #

while i think charlize looks amazing and i love her shoe choice, this is ANOTHER black dress..
    the green on rachel compliments her coloring so much that she gets my vote

6. dee August 1, 2012 at 19:34 #

Rachel wins for me because of the color of the dress and I like her shoes better.

7. Yeliz August 1, 2012 at 19:37 #

It’s a hard choice, because both Charlize and Rachel look amazing. But I think I’m going to go with Rachel, because that green is gorgeous and I like her shoe choice more.

Btw, I didn’t knew that this dress has a ruffled back.

8. C August 1, 2012 at 20:57 #

The green is definitely Weisz’s colour – remember her Valentino strapless floor-length with a thigh high split from Cannes a couple of years ago? Incredible.

9. Ugonna Wosu August 2, 2012 at 03:45 #

Charlize’s look is more bold and edgy for me. Rachel, while she is wearing green, is too safe still and wearing nice earthy colors with the shoes and dress. Boring. Charlize is a mix of dominatrix and elegance. High fashion at its best. Throw in the red lips and ultra straight hair, voila! Perfection!

10. Ahot August 3, 2012 at 13:01 #

I feel sorry for anyone who is compared to Charlize when she is on! They gonna loose & badly! The color might be better on Rachel, but she is overall no competition for la Theron in this face-off