Gui Lun Mei In Jil Sander – 14th Taipei Film Festival Awards

Gui Lun Mei attended the 14th Taipei Film Festival awards ceremony held in Taipei, Taiwan, last week.

The beautiful actress wore one of my favourite pieces from the Jil Sander Fall 2012 collection.

Her elegant navy wool dress which sits just off the shoulder has a charming sweetheart neckline, a cinched-in waist and nude-illusion panel in the centre.

Opting to keep the dress the main focus, Gui Lun Mei wore simple black pumps, no jewels and barely there makeup.

Would you have liked to have seen her add some type of accessory to her look, or was the minimalist approach the right way to go?

You can buy Gui Lun Mei’s Jil Sander dress from Bergdorf Goodman and Luisa via Roma.

Credit: Style.com & Sina

Rachel Weisz In Christian Dior Couture - 'The Bourne Legacy' New York Premiere

Rachel Weisz In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Bourne Legacy’ New York Premiere

Stella McCartney In Stella McCartney - UK’s Creative Industries Reception

Stella McCartney In Stella McCartney – UK’s Creative Industries Reception

28 Responses to Gui Lun Mei In Jil Sander – 14th Taipei Film Festival Awards

1. Alina July 31, 2012 at 10:14 #

Gui Lun Mei looks lovely, but I prefer the dress on the model (- the pink lips and the sandals).

• Courtney Grace August 3, 2012 at 00:02 #

I definitely agree. It is a little too simple on Gui.

2. Beta July 31, 2012 at 10:18 #

perfect. love the look
    would prefer the runway sandals though

3. Bec July 31, 2012 at 10:33 #

Divine! Why has this dress not been worn earlier? So in love!

4. Francesca July 31, 2012 at 10:50 #

This is wonderful! I love the colour, the lenght and the styling. Definitely BDOTHW!

5. Fiona July 31, 2012 at 11:36 #

I love this dress and it fits her beautifully, except for the length. The whole shape of the dress is based on the midi-length showing off ankles, but on her it looks droopy and too long. Otherwise I like it. I would have liked an accessory or two also …

6. Quinn July 31, 2012 at 12:21 #

this is not midi nor is it full length and i am one of those who hate ‘weird length’ dresses. but somehow i love this dress on her. she looks lovely. definitely definitely BDOTW worthy in my book.

7. Fiona-Brasil July 31, 2012 at 12:27 #

The most beautiful dress I’ve seen for a while.I agree with the other Fiona, this is not supposed to be a long dress, the correct length is the mid-length.They should respect the right fitting of the dress when they lend it to an actress or they risk to ruin it.As for the lack of accessories I think it is perfect!Jil Sander is about purity of lines, minimalism.

8. bm July 31, 2012 at 12:42 #

I like the minimalism approach here.

9. The Very Simon G July 31, 2012 at 12:49 #

She looks perfect. No accessories needed. Chic and fabbulous!

10. d July 31, 2012 at 12:54 #

wrong shoes and need some jewels

11. Petra July 31, 2012 at 13:01 #

I only miss the runway lippie.

12. Louise July 31, 2012 at 13:48 #

YES! She looks lovely.

13. Christine July 31, 2012 at 14:03 #

I like that she is letting the dress do all the talking. Very exquisite :) I wish though a pop of red lip gloss to brighten up the look.

14. Ramsay July 31, 2012 at 14:07 #

BDOTW for me – classic and modern at once – superb!!

15. Ancika July 31, 2012 at 14:26 #

A red lippie would satisfy. Is it just me or are the nude panels on the model and on Gui Lun of different shades?

16. Kathy July 31, 2012 at 15:03 #

I don’t know what it is, I can’t put my finger on it, but I am not one bit impressed. The dress seems odd against her skin tone, and her hair and makeup are completely lackluster. A natural H/M look would be perfect for a more casual dress, but this is an evening look, relateively formal. Don’t like her choice of shoes either.

17. Yeliz July 31, 2012 at 15:06 #

This dress was one of my favourite pieces from this collection too, but I don’t like it on Gui Lun. The length is wrong and the shoes are.. well, you know what I think about them.
    The model’s styling however, is perfect, I love those sandals and the pink lips.

• Nat39 July 31, 2012 at 18:10 #

Dislike the dress on her too – the shape of the skirt is lost on her completely, just hanging there at an awkward length. These particular pumps are hideous.
      I like the clean no-jewellery approach but her hair and makeup could’ve been a bit more inspiring – they are so dull and make the whole look incredibly lackluster.

• Shaina August 1, 2012 at 05:05 #

18. Lola July 31, 2012 at 16:09 #

+1, actually i think she ruined the look because the length is so off on her. The midi length is the hole point of this dress which is absolutely stunning..,would’ve prepared some strappy sandals!!!

19. Odette July 31, 2012 at 16:21 #

The only accessory she needs is her arm candy with a weird hairdo! I love how they matched their looks.

20. Lola July 31, 2012 at 16:36 #

+1 the length is totally off on her – shame because the dress is truly stunning! Strappy sandals for me!:)

21. andrea July 31, 2012 at 18:12 #

No, that neckline is begging for accoutrement. Something delicate with a pendant featuring a point to coincide with the cutout would have been perfection :-) That or dangly earrings.

• Rebecca Z August 1, 2012 at 03:34 #

Definitely think earrings–not even necessarily dangly (tho the right ones would work) but something glamorous that stands out–like the Bijoux Tres ones to the right!

Also think the dress is wearing her a little, but a dazzling pair of earrings could have fixed that.

22. TeaAtTwo July 31, 2012 at 22:33 #

I think the minimalist approach was the right one but I agree with other about the length being a tad too long.

23. Cindy August 1, 2012 at 14:41 #

I LOVE this dress, but I agree with others about the length and would have preferred sandals. That said, I never looked at her arm candy once until it was mentioned above because I was so enamoured with the dress.

24. Maria August 2, 2012 at 04:54 #

The make up is ok. But she should’ve worn earrings at least. Too simple..