30.07.12

Blake Lively: “I Have Insecurities Like Any Girl”

Credit: Getty

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola - The Heart Fund Gala

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola – The Heart Fund Gala

Jessica Lowndes In Pamella Roland - CW, CBS And Showtime 2012 Summer TCA Party

Jessica Lowndes In Pamella Roland – CW, CBS And Showtime 2012 Summer TCA Party

17 Responses to Blake Lively: “I Have Insecurities Like Any Girl”

1. Janet July 30, 2012 at 17:12 #

SHUT UP. I mean COME ON.

• rita July 30, 2012 at 17:58 #

Agree! She always sounds so empty and unintelligent to me I don’t why…

• andrea July 30, 2012 at 21:41 #

She needs to own her beauty like a grown woman and stop pandering to her so-called “fans” about women having insecurities. COME ON BLAKE!!!!!!!

2. Ade July 30, 2012 at 17:46 #

If I hear one more person go on about Marilyn Monroe, I’ll lose it. The woman was beautiful but come on

• rita July 30, 2012 at 18:04 #

I am more shocked to the fact that women admire such a woman. She slept with the entire hollywood and then destroyed President Kennedy and his brother’s marriages. Elisabeth Taylor who was absolutely gorgeous wasn’t any better in her time yet you never hear anyone criticizing them. But if it’s Angelina Jolien it’s another story… On topic now, Blake should redo her roots, it’s absolutely unappealing!

• Bree July 30, 2012 at 18:55 #

It’s more like thank goodness woman nowadays don’t spend their time diminishing other women for the amount of sexual partners they have.

• rita July 30, 2012 at 20:36 #

Before people didn’t know about your private life and only judge you based on your accomplishments or lack of. I just find it odd that now that we know about celebrities life in every detail we judge them harshly when we should be focusing on their professional life. Whatever people like AJ or Kristen Stewart have done, I don’t judge them, heck I love Angie to death no matter what fashion wise and career wise. I just find it funny that celebrities from the old Hollywood were doing exactly the same thing, maybe even worse but media and general public didn’t make a big deal out of it and mostly continued to support their careers.

• Bree August 3, 2012 at 01:17 #

I see your point, but I think you should get more into the lives of common women instead of celebrities, they differ completely. Women were never really judged by their accomplishments unless being beautiful and serviant is an accomplishment. Backlash is here though, everywhere, we still got a long way to go.

Sorry for the poor english! : )

• fashionmint July 30, 2012 at 19:49 #

@rita ..i so agree with you on this one !

3. Emi July 30, 2012 at 20:00 #

I think that this girl should hire a good stylist and fire her publicist. Every time she says something which she maybe pretends to be serious she results stuck up, shallow or ridiculous.

• Mira July 30, 2012 at 21:39 #

Agreed, she comes across as rather fake in interviews too, almost like she’s trying extremely hard to appear down to earth and “just like us”.

• Alina July 31, 2012 at 09:32 #

4. sergioA July 30, 2012 at 22:16 #

B**ch Please!

5. Ahot July 31, 2012 at 12:36 #

Wow, the luuv hier is mindblowing! You´d think she did something wrong (except being successful…)
    Love her statement, Marilyn is a fav too. & even she was at times insecure. So…

6. Kathy August 4, 2012 at 01:37 #

I’m sorry, but isn’t that a bit arrogant? The fact that she’s comparing/imagining herself to an icon (albeit a controversial one). Let’s face it, she’s no Marilyn.

7. Teleholic August 10, 2012 at 10:43 #

At last! I haven’t had internet for 3 weeks after a recent move and I’ve been DYING without RCFA. Now I love knowing I’ve got like 45 pages of fashion to go through!

Now, onto this post, I was about to comment saying how much I love what she said and then I saw these comments– CHILL Y’ALL. I mean I know I’m super late on this but she wasn’t comparing herself to Marilyn at all. She was saying that if she didn’t feel confident, she’d pretend to be the most confident woman in the world to help her get through it. If she’s saying she’s just as sexy as Marilyn, this post wouldn’t exist. I for one think that’s cute and relate-able.
    Missed ya, FC!