Gwen Stefani In Blumarine – Out In New York City

Gwen Stefani was spotted leaving her hotel in New York City yesterday wearing a look straight off the Blumarine Fall 2012 runway.

With this amount of leopard print, I would be inclined to dislike this ensemble had anyone else been wearing it.

But given Gwen’s history of wearing looks that only work on her, I have to give her credit for staying true to her personal aesthetic.

Gwen paired the look with a bold red lip and a demure pair of black Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ pumps.

I’m going to have to vote yes for Gwen’s Blumarine outfit, but must admit that I would never try to replicate this look myself.

Do you think Gwen can pull off this daring amount of leopard print?

Credit: Courtesy of Blumarine

Demi Lovato's Christian Louboutin Exagona Crisscross Platform Sandals

Demi Lovato’s Christian Louboutin Exagona Crisscross Platform Sandals

Solange Knowles In Diane von Furstenberg - INC International Concepts Brand Ambassador Unveiling

Solange Knowles In Diane von Furstenberg – INC International Concepts Brand Ambassador Unveiling

31 Responses to Gwen Stefani In Blumarine – Out In New York City

1. jui ho July 27, 2012 at 15:35 #

you would applaud the lady for braving this outfit, not because of the copious of prints in her ensemble selection, but the searing heat and uncomfortable humidity in NYC! Bravo!

2. Alina July 27, 2012 at 15:38 #

Works for her!

3. Malinda Jane July 27, 2012 at 15:41 #

I think this woman could wear a potato sack and she would look fab. She always gets a yes from me.

And how does she look the same as she did in 1995? DOES SHE NOT AGE? She’s superhuman in all regards.

4. emma July 27, 2012 at 15:45 #

She looks amazing, look approved!

5. sergioA July 27, 2012 at 15:46 #

of course she can pull it off. Leopard print was made for someone like Gwen

6. andrea July 27, 2012 at 15:53 #

Gwen would look good in a burlap sack!

7. gabis July 27, 2012 at 15:53 #

I’m not gonna say I completely hate it because I do like how she paired that abomination with the red lips and the black pumps. That aside, sorry, but not even Gwen can pull this off. It too “Lady Gaga” for me. In fact, if you give it a fast look you might even mistake her for Lady Gaga which by the way may be the only person that could pull it off. I bet she’s in a sea of rage right now she was not the first one to get that look.

• rita July 27, 2012 at 16:18 #

Except Gwen was there before Gaga and therefore was wearing print before Gaga! If it doesn’t work on Gwen who is classier than the other freak, I doubt Gaga’s try hard style would work for her. She would make it worse than Stefani by wearing her ridiculous Louboutin and usual granny hair.

• gabis July 27, 2012 at 18:23 #

I never said Gwen is copying Lady Gaga’s style. I just think that the exaggeration of this look suits Gaga’s style better. And I totally agree with you, I’m pretty sure Lady Gaga would make that tragic leopard combination a thousand times worse.

• Nat39 July 27, 2012 at 19:12 #

I also hate it and I hate it completely. No, she is not pulling it off, you are right. A bold full-on animal print may work on the stage as part of the runway show or a performance piece but outside that it’s plain tacky. This is horrible, I’m mentally photoshopping it out of the bdotw poll right now.

• Nat39 July 27, 2012 at 20:12 #

Someone like Miranda Kerr could’ve pulled it off easily with class with natural hair and makeup. But when a full-on animal print is teamed with bleached hair and bold red lippie, the result is just plain sleazy and tacky.

8. robbie July 27, 2012 at 15:59 #

only gwen could wear this look and still look drop dead gorgeous.

9. Laveena July 27, 2012 at 16:02 #

She’s one cool cat! You know what I’m liking here, her smile and this air that she doesn’t care about judgment. :)

• rebecca July 27, 2012 at 18:36 #

+10000

10. shap_half July 27, 2012 at 16:10 #

She looks fantastic!

11. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) July 27, 2012 at 16:19 #

Not my favorite Gwen ensemble, but she loves it and totally owns it. Adore her confidence.

12. katie July 27, 2012 at 16:39 #

No one else in the world could make this work but Gwen, sexy lady always!!

13. firien July 27, 2012 at 16:57 #

This amount of leopard print only suits to a leopard.

14. Rebecca Z July 27, 2012 at 16:58 #

“Gwen Stefani was spotted” LOL she sure was! Good one Jessica.

I think she looks really fabulous and I am really not a big fan of animal prints–ok for accessories, but not generally in a big piece. She makes this work, as others have pointed out, with her incredibly stylish personality and attitude. Of course he beautiful figure and other personal attributes don’t hurt.

• Rebecca Z July 27, 2012 at 17:00 #

I would actually nominate this for BDOTW

• Mol July 27, 2012 at 18:20 #

A BDOTW nomination sounds like a great idea

15. Oscar July 27, 2012 at 17:34 #

This is TOTALLY BDOTW. Gwen Stefani is the only person who can ROCK that outfit. She looks stunning.

16. Dan Oliver July 27, 2012 at 18:04 #

Gwen is a rockstar she has the confidence to pull off any look she always looks amazing.

• Petra July 27, 2012 at 19:41 #

I completely agree, even though I hate every piece of this outfit.

17. Paddy M July 27, 2012 at 18:09 #

So glad you featured this. This is my BDOTW for sure.

18. Nat39 July 27, 2012 at 18:42 #

Plain awful, tacky.

• Nat39 July 27, 2012 at 20:51 #

Miranda Kerr could’ve done it with her gorgeous model figure, natural hair and makeup, and perhaps a pair of those Manolo Blahnik tortoise pumps (that she wore with her beige pants with the contrasting black stripes). Gwen’s bleached hair and bold red lippie are a Big No when it comes to pulling off a full-on animal print.

19. Jones19 July 27, 2012 at 18:53 #

Gwen is like a fashion superstar. She can make the most ridiculous things work. Love this!

20. Christine July 27, 2012 at 20:19 #

You would have to be super confident to pull off this look. I love that she is rocking it without not apologies. She looks BDOTW good! :D only she can rock this.

21. Markness July 28, 2012 at 06:47 #

Only Gwen can work this. Gwen has that irritating “everything looks good on me.” Like she’s not a normal human being. And I super love their comeback single “Settle Down.”

22. Jules July 29, 2012 at 00:22 #