26.07.12

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Hobbs – Bacon’s College

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Prince Harry showed their support for the launch of a sports initiative at Bacon’s College in Greenwich, South East London this afternoon.

The trio of Olympic ambassadors not only attended but actually took part in the sports – Harry in basketball, William in football and Kate in table tennis – hence the casual attire.

Kate wore a ladylike Hobbs dress for the occasion.

Her 50s-inspired pretty grey and cream fit-and-flare dress was styled with a white woven belt and espadrille wedges.

Many of us are still trying to warm to Kate’s style, but I think this is a charming, perfect-for-summer, event-appropriate look.

Do you agree?

Credit: Getty

Halle Berry In Jenny Packham - 'Extant' LA Premiere

Halle Berry In Jenny Packham – ‘Extant’ LA Premiere

Jessica Alba Loves Her Marc Jacobs ‘Antonia’ Bag

Jessica Alba Loves Her Marc Jacobs ‘Antonia’ Bag

28 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Hobbs – Bacon’s College

1. Iris July 26, 2012 at 17:23 #

forget Kate, how hot does William look in his white shirt!

• Odette July 26, 2012 at 17:35 #

Iris I was thinkin’ the same thing! She has no chance when her husband wears a tight open buttoned shirt.

• Bettybrandenburg July 27, 2012 at 08:23 #

Ladis, you ARE joking, I hope?

• Beta July 27, 2012 at 09:21 #

the hot one is Harry ! imo

• dee July 27, 2012 at 13:42 #

I agree. I used to think when he was younger he wasn’t so goodlooking but he really grew to be be quite handsome.

2. Eirwen July 26, 2012 at 17:31 #

I agree! She looks very pretty and summery.

3. Marybeth July 26, 2012 at 17:36 #

I love this! And I’m very glad to see a more inspired shoe choice.
    I do wish she would vary her hair style a bit, but then, if she had done something like a loose braid, we might not recognize her!

• Ruth July 26, 2012 at 19:33 #

A braid would be lovely!

I think this dress is fabulous, though I’m always like what she wears.

4. dee July 26, 2012 at 17:40 #

She looks pretty. I love that she is always smiling.

5. Sandy July 26, 2012 at 17:44 #

This dress would have been perfect for the occasion if it had color. Grey on such a nice summery day is a downer.

6. Ciara July 26, 2012 at 17:45 #

I just find her looks so ‘blah’. I think it’s cute but she looks so much older than her years, I think the hair and make up doesn’t help. A cute up-do or something a bit different is well needed and that make up is just too heavy for such a summery look.

I think she always wows when she’s on the red carpet as she takes some risks and pumps up the volume a bit. I just wish she’d have a bit more fun with her day time looks.

7. Ella July 26, 2012 at 17:57 #

I absolutely love this dress on Kate…it is totally event appropriate and she looks fabulous. I am hoping she keeps looks like these up for the duration of the Olympics (because trust me, the media knows what events she will be at….so she will be photographed a lot.)

And William looks fabulous as well =D

8. Jones19 July 26, 2012 at 18:20 #

They look so great together.

9. Marta July 26, 2012 at 18:50 #

Catherine looks very pretty, she is so girly and joyful in that dress. And her shoes are a good choice. Where can buy them? Help, my dear ladies!

10. LeeAnn July 26, 2012 at 19:33 #

I actually almost like this ! The shoes should be burned and a really pretty brooch and her belt better placed would have won me over.

11. Carol July 26, 2012 at 20:27 #

She looks great. Actually the best thing she is wearing here is her smile.

12. Sharon July 26, 2012 at 20:41 #

She’s lovely and they always look so happy together. I would like to see some color on her too, but this dress is very pretty just as it is.

13. Christine July 26, 2012 at 22:53 #

While this is not a big jump style wise, she looks great. I like that her shoes are not the same nude pumps.

14. TL July 27, 2012 at 00:16 #

I love it! The dress, the shoes, everything goes so well in a summer day! Prince William looks gorgeous too.

Only thing I wish is that she could do a lighter makeup.

15. molly July 27, 2012 at 01:02 #

Its a nice dress but I think a ponytail would have been a better choice seeing as she was participating in sports and I noticed that she kept having to hold her hair back.

• Alina July 27, 2012 at 08:23 #

16. erin July 27, 2012 at 01:30 #

A day dress is not appropriate for an event where they would be doing sporting activities. The event was described as the royals demonstrating sports, so she would have known she would be participating. She should have worn pants. Does she own a pair of trousers that aren’t skin tight jeans?

17. elaine2 July 27, 2012 at 03:05 #

this ensemble is a major FAIL. Sorry, but this doesn’t warrant posting on a fashion blog. I mean really, if this was No Name Woman, would anyone care? No, they would not.

The duchess is trying so hard to be a fashion icon, but each time she fails miserably. The dress is a PR stunt, in reaction to the Cartier necklace she wore last week (valued at $78,000). The PR people are trying to suggest that this woman is frugal. No. I am not fooled, sorry.

The shoes? WTF? Hideous! And have you seen the photos of her tortured feet? We are talking bunions and hammertoes………is anyone surprised?

The belt on this dress is really tacky, BTW. Honestly, what is she thinking? Come ON, Kate!!! Get it together!!!!!!!!!!!!

• maz July 27, 2012 at 13:17 #

whoa there, methinks you’re taking this a bit too seriously! Plus I very much doubt that anyone would agree with you that “The duchess is trying so hard to be a fashion icon”…

• Dhppy July 27, 2012 at 18:56 #

If anything, she’s been accused of “not trying hard enough”.

• elaine2 July 29, 2012 at 15:09 #

Well, I guess it is better than the blue jeans she wore later on. Those were really styled inappropriately for someone in her position and she looked vulgar with her SW high wedges.

18. Bettybrandenburg July 27, 2012 at 08:25 #

“a charming, perfect-for-summer, event- appropriate look” … For a 45 year old, yes.

19. laine July 29, 2012 at 21:33 #

she is so booring and her smile is so effing fake and pls kate get over those heavy eye liner