Zooey Deschanel In Monique Lhuillier – Teen Choice Awards

Zooey Deschanel is full of surprises when it comes to her red carpet looks these days.

The first thing I noticed when she arrived on the red carpet for the 2012 Teen Choice Awards on Sunday evening was the smoothed-out locks in place of Zooey’s signature curls.

Second: no tights for a second time in a row.

The ‘New Girl’ actress chose to wear a cobalt-blue Monique Lhuillier Resort 2013 sleeveless dress with a leather belt.

I’m delighted to see Zooey fully embrace the summer event, but I would’ve loved this look had the dress been a bit shorter.

Her Giuseppe Zanotti bow-adorned black pumps pull down the look, but I do love her Jimmy Choo clutch.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Taylor Swift In Maria Lucia Hohan - 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Taylor Swift In Maria Lucia Hohan – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Demi Lovato In Falguni & Shane Peacock - 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Demi Lovato In Falguni & Shane Peacock – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

10 Responses to Zooey Deschanel In Monique Lhuillier – Teen Choice Awards

1. Yeliz July 23, 2012 at 09:24 #

Shorter length, shoes that are not so awful and an updo, then this look would have been OK for me.

• Alina July 23, 2012 at 11:15 #

Ditto.

• Christine July 23, 2012 at 14:12 #

I agree. Better shoes and a updo could’ve work wonders for me.

2. Rash July 23, 2012 at 09:36 #

I am loving this event’s updates ! We have practically seen all the beautiful solid summery colors on the pink carpet now.
    This blue is beautiful on Zooey and i am swoooning over that clutch !

• CreoleLady July 23, 2012 at 12:36 #

ITA. If the shoes had been as inspired as the clutch, this could have been a home run. A solid double for me. The color is glorious on her.

3. Jess2 July 23, 2012 at 12:20 #

This is nice enough but it doesn’t stand out. The clutch is gorge though!

4. Emmeline July 23, 2012 at 12:38 #

This would have been really nice for like, a bridesmaids luncheon or something. But for this event I wish she’d have at least had a little more fun with her hair/accessories.

5. Nancy July 23, 2012 at 13:42 #

I think she dislikes her legs and that is why she wears tights or longer length dresses most of the time. This is a typical look for her. I think it is safe and dull and the only thing I really like is the clutch and the color of the dress on her.

• Adrienne July 23, 2012 at 23:23 #

Yes, that is exactly what I was going to say. I have tree-trunk thighs from years of soccer playing, so you will rarely find me in skirts or dresses that go above my knees.

6. robbie July 23, 2012 at 14:04 #

boring dress with an equally boring pair of shoes. gorgeous clutch though.