23.07.12

Taylor Swift In Maria Lucia Hohan – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Taylor Swift also attended the 2012 Teen Choice Awards in Universal City, California, on Sunday evening.

The singer seems to have moved on from her ‘sequins and sparkles’ phase and fully committed to the ‘neutrals only’ phase we’re seeing now.

For the summer-centric awards show, Taylor chose a cream Maria Lucia Hohan dress.

The delicate silk mousseline cocktail dress reveals an interesting low back with illusion detailing – just a shame about the visible adjoining detail.

Pale pink Prada slingbacks, an Edie Parker ‘Lara’ nude pearlescent clutch with ice ends, diamond-and-rose quartz earrings, plus a diamond bracelet from Lorraine Schwartz complete the head-to-toe neutral look.

Her wavy lock were styled into a chic chignon with a beautiful brooch detail.

Are you crying out for a pop of colour or statement piece to liven up this look or do you love this look as it is?

Credit: Getty

Christian Louboutin Celebrates Launch of ‘Passage’ Handbag Collection

Christian Louboutin Celebrates Launch of ‘Passage’ Handbag Collection

Zooey Deschanel In Monique Lhuillier - Teen Choice Awards

Zooey Deschanel In Monique Lhuillier – Teen Choice Awards

27 Responses to Taylor Swift In Maria Lucia Hohan – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

1. ZZ July 23, 2012 at 09:04 #

Its like i’ve seen the dress before …..

• Anj July 23, 2012 at 17:13 #

That was my first thought seeing this. I actually legitimately think she’s worn this before, or something really close to it. Soooo boring!

• Magdalena. July 23, 2012 at 22:57 #

To me it looks a bit like the J.Mendel dress she wore to the 2011 people’s choice awards.

• Stella Monroe July 27, 2012 at 17:04 #

wow,wow,wow dont comment THE Taylor Swift she looks beautifull in that dress

2. Anne g July 23, 2012 at 09:05 #

I love the dress, I think taylor is more and more feminine, so she always has the same haircut but I think it goes great with this dress. For the 2nd time in my life, taylor is the best dressed of the night for now for me. As lea michele, I like taylor more and more on the red carpet

3. Christina July 23, 2012 at 09:16 #

Although she’s adorable, I feel like we keep seeing the same style at every single event (excluding the two times I’ve seen her roughen it up a little bit). She bores me fashion-wise. It’s fine that she’s found a look that she’s confident in, and that she suits it, but it gets really dull. Sometimes being pretty just isn’t enough, at least not for me.

4. Yeliz July 23, 2012 at 09:21 #

I would have loved to see a pop of colour via her shoes. The dress, however, looks amazing on her, sans the adjoining detail and I also love her hair and make up.

• Rash July 23, 2012 at 09:39 #

+1.
      A pop via her shoes is required ! any type of pop actually :D

5. towanda July 23, 2012 at 09:43 #

boring. she has to take some risk sometimes

• Kathy July 23, 2012 at 09:52 #

She does. Have you seen her 2012 Grammys dress, 2011 Met Gala, or 2012 ACMs? I think you’ll like those better.

6. Kathy July 23, 2012 at 09:50 #

I really love this look. True, it’s not the most exciting, but the straps on the dress are very interesting and so is the back. I love her cute drop earrings. Her makeup is almost always perfect; she never does the spidery false lashes, too-shiny glow, etc. She looks so age-appropriate, and while the neutral colors may make some people yawn, I adore the details on the dress, like I said before. I’m all about little things like that, so maybe I’m easy to please when it comes to fashion.

7. kiwi July 23, 2012 at 10:09 #

This is a beautiful feminine look… I love it

8. Mandy July 23, 2012 at 10:29 #

Yes it’s beautiful and the detail is lovely but i had already guessed that Taylor would wear something like this, i was hoping she would prove me wrong and wear something out of her comfort zone like her BMA red dress. I guess i’m stuck with deja vu again

9. CreoleLady July 23, 2012 at 11:01 #

She looks great. The pale pink is a beautiful accent without being the jarring “pop” that stronger colors can be when paired with white or cream.

10. Alina July 23, 2012 at 11:11 #

She’s glowing! I like it!

11. Jess2 July 23, 2012 at 11:14 #

She looks absolutely gorgeous! I adore this look head to toe, and in love with the earrings!

12. Emmeline July 23, 2012 at 12:42 #

I don’t love it, but I sure do like it. The draping on the bodice is lovely and her makeup is just right.

13. TeuntjeVDW July 23, 2012 at 13:08 #

Beautiful dress!

14. Saree July 23, 2012 at 13:28 #

I can agree that there are times where her looks can be quite plain – but I’ll give her credit, she still manages to look perfection. I don’t think she has ever gone wrong in the make-up department, from what I’ve seen of her anyway.

Her hair is mostly perfect – although it never looks dirty or tacky.

When she takes a risk, she pulls it off. But other than that, she sticks to what works for her. She looks great!

15. Hannah July 23, 2012 at 13:43 #

I wish she would go for different colours and different styles, and I know she does occasionaly, but this still feels so deja vu, she has done a dress very similar to this at least twice before, in particular the 2011 people’s choice awards and this year’s kids choice awards.

16. Christine July 23, 2012 at 14:13 #

The same boring style from her.

• justme July 23, 2012 at 17:02 #

I agree. She bores me. Always has, most likely always will.

17. Odette July 23, 2012 at 14:50 #

So what if she is showing skin? This is borrrrring. All Maria Lucia Hohan dresses are at least cousins of eachother. The designer needs to step up her game, as does Taylor.

Yes, Taylor has stepped outside of her comfort zone in 2012, but not enough to make her interesting on the red carpet or to take her seriously as more than a pop singer.

18. MoxieSue July 23, 2012 at 15:27 #

A pop of color would have been great, but she still looks beautiful.

19. dee July 23, 2012 at 20:32 #

I like the dress and earrings but I am not crazy about the shoes.

20. KayD July 24, 2012 at 06:42 #

I can’t help but love this outfit. I think the style and color suit her.

21. Denise July 24, 2012 at 17:10 #

she is a romanian creator