Lea Michele In Atelier Versace – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Lea Michele hit the pink carpet in Universal City, California, on Sunday night for the 2012 Teen Choice Awards.

The ‘Glee’ star donned one of the night’s sexiest looks, wearing a strapless silver Atelier Versace Spring 2012 textured mini dress with gold metallic peplum details.

Exaggerated detailing along the hips accentuate Lea’s petite figure.

Her silver Versace pumps, however, feel a bit too heavy for the feminine dress. Strappy sandals would have been much preferred.

Sun-kissed ombre waves and a fresh-faced glow add a youthful touch.

Love, loathe or too much for the Teen Choice Awards?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture

Best Dressed Of The Week – Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture

Nina Dobrev In J. Mendel - 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Nina Dobrev In J. Mendel – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

33 Responses to Lea Michele In Atelier Versace – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

1. nokia July 23, 2012 at 08:01 #

LOVE THIS!!!!

• Anne g July 23, 2012 at 08:18 #

+ 100000000000000000
      Lea had great moments on the red carpet for some time now.

2. irma July 23, 2012 at 08:11 #

Finally! This dress fit her perfectly! I agree, the shoes are too heavy, but gosh, ‘was about time she looks like her age instead of 40 weird years old.

3. Kathy July 23, 2012 at 08:14 #

She looks alright, but I like the styling on the runway much better. The super high, slicked-back ponytail and tall boots make the dress look much “cooler”. With Lea’s shoes it’s forgettable. Not very exciting.

4. Dorian Gray July 23, 2012 at 08:15 #

What an amazing start of the week!
    Love her here from heat to toe. BDOTW.

5. Yeliz July 23, 2012 at 08:40 #

Maybe I’m the only one, but I don’t like this at all. Firstly, her pose is back and secondly I think it’s too much and she’s trying too hard again. I much prefer Lea with more decent looks.

• Rash July 23, 2012 at 09:52 #

Second you !
      Trying too hard, was the first thing that came to my mind.
      and next those pumps!

• Magdalena. July 23, 2012 at 23:00 #

I agree! Over dressed and trying too hard again.

• JMW July 23, 2012 at 10:31 #

What?! Come on, in the main picture she is smiling and she’s wearing a minidress at a teen event so it’s hardly ‘trying too hard’. I love it but wish she had changed the shoes as they seem too heavy to me.

• Yeliz July 23, 2012 at 11:13 #

Well, it’s my opinion.

• Linds July 24, 2012 at 00:22 #

lol I know right! She’s all smiley and natural and that’s “try hard?!!” I can’t. Whatever, some people are determined not to change their minds no matter what. Leave them to it.

6. Christina July 23, 2012 at 09:22 #

I like this. A lot. However, I wish she’d worn sandals instead of those heavy pumps. Glad to see her smile!

• dee July 23, 2012 at 20:30 #

7. meimei July 23, 2012 at 10:28 #

I think she looks alright but I think her tan is putting me off from loving this. Love the dress, hair and make-up though.

8. Alina July 23, 2012 at 10:40 #

I like it. She looks gorgeous, but I do think it’s a little too much for this event.

9. CreoleLady July 23, 2012 at 11:28 #

LOVE this dress on her. The semi-peplum effect gives her curves where she has none. Prefer her over the model, I’m shocked to say. Not thrilled with the pumps but they’re not terrible. Since the dress is so simply styled with her hair in relaxed flowing waves and her makeup natural, it works for this event.

• admmgz July 23, 2012 at 16:58 #

ITA

10. TL July 23, 2012 at 13:05 #

Like everything but the shoes. It would be perfect if she wore Zoe’s Christian Louboutin sandals.

11. ellie. July 23, 2012 at 13:13 #

She’s wearing couture to the teen choice awards; what a waste. Sorry but her attention seeking poses where back all over the red carpet; that’s just a good photos and her shoes are horrible. If you look at other photos her hair was an absolute mess. I bet donatella is weeping right now.

• Emma July 23, 2012 at 15:37 #

Multiple people wore couture to this event- and it seems to me like you are letting your dislike of her interfere with your judging of her outfits. I think the dress looks lovely, and her pretty makeup and beachy hair really made it more appropriate for the teen event. I think the shoes go well with the look, but it might have been fun if she went for silver strappy sandals as well.

• Jim July 24, 2012 at 19:58 #

Donatella is the one who loaned her the dress.

People who have a problem with her posing for a cameras need to find a new hobby.

12. Matt R July 23, 2012 at 13:17 #

In my opinion, had she ripped the runway styling completely and made that her look, everyone would say she is trying too hard. Had she worn just the matching Atelier Versace boots with the dress, people would say that they look bad (which I would agree with) and that she is trying too hard.

I think she has made some really great choices as of late and I happen to love this dress on her. I agree sandals would have perfected the look, but I see Lea having fun and being relaxed, and this is that kind of event.

13. Isa July 23, 2012 at 13:29 #

I love it!!!!!! except fot the shoes but she looks so fresh!! It’s hard to see her like this!

14. Emmeline July 23, 2012 at 13:33 #

This would have been perfect with some silver strappy sandals. But the dress does look great on her, especially with her tan.

One of my biggest gripes about Lea is usually her over-the-top posing, but I don’t think she’s too bad here at all. To me, try-hard would have been leg thrust out with a major pout going on. I’d much rather just see her smiling.

15. gabis July 23, 2012 at 13:56 #

I’m in love with this look but not because of the dress, shoes or styling, but because of the attitude. I don’t think I have ever seen Lea Michele this relaxed, happy and fresh before on a red carpet. I love her tan, ombree waves and natural makeup. And I love how she’s not trying too hard to pull off a sexy look as she usually does with heavy makeup, big splits and/or cleavage. Her whole vibe is amazing here and it is very appropriate to this event. Love it.

16. robbie July 23, 2012 at 14:08 #

finally a smile and not her j lo “sexy face”, from the ankles up this look is HOT!

17. Christine July 23, 2012 at 14:22 #

I see she is trying to balance the diva. The dress is great just not paired with the heavy shoes.

18. Leti July 23, 2012 at 15:13 #

I loved this as soon as I saw it. True the shoes are not the best, but the rest of her styling and the dress are awesome. What I love most is that she ditched the heavy bangs which I’ve never gotten on board with.

19. Jess2 July 23, 2012 at 15:44 #

Ankles up this look is killer!! She looks drop dead gorgeous in that unbelievable dress! In love. Shame about the shoes though, way too heavy.

20. Anj July 23, 2012 at 17:15 #

Wow those shoes are hideous! I can’t think of any outfit where those shoes could look good with.
    Rest of the outfit and her hair look great though.

21. Linds July 24, 2012 at 00:25 #

Definitely agree with you about the shoes. Said the same thing as soon as I saw her look last night. Embrace that you are adorable and small Lea, no more cray cray platform shoes for you. Watching her next to Taylor Swift was a hoot. But I think she looked fabulous head to ankle.

22. Laine July 24, 2012 at 03:15 #

Totally agree about the shoes. However, everything else from head to ankles looks mighty fine to me. She looks fresh and sexy. I love it.

23. Fran July 24, 2012 at 20:02 #

So when the camera men yell turn to the right, over the shoulder, blow us a kiss or bedroom eyes as they do at all these events, Lea should ignore tham and stand still like a post? Come on she is giving the photographers what they want and having fun. Why does it matter to people so much? How does that make you dislike a person? So odd ot me.