Demi Lovato In Falguni & Shane Peacock – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Demi Lovato was the host of the 2012 Teen Choice Awards on Sunday in Universal City, California.

Before getting to work, the singer rocked a Falguni & Shane Peacock Spring 2012 geometric embellished mini dress with a feathered hem and leather cap sleeves on the red carpet.

The biggest surprise here is that she’s not wearing Topshop nor the leather harness as presented on the runway.

Her edgy feathered confection was styled with Loree Rodkin statement jewels and black Christian Louboutin ‘Exagona’ criss-cross platform peep-toe sandals.

A high, sleek ponytail accented with black leather, smouldering kohl-rimmed eyes, black nails, and a natural pink lip colour competed her look.

This is a much improved look for Demi. Methinks her ‘X Factor’ stylist and event stylist are two different people.

If you are having a case of déjà vu, that’s because Selita Ebanks wore the gown version of this dress to the 2012 BET Awards earlier this month.

You can buy Demi’s Christian Louboutin heesl from Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus.

Credit: Falguni & Shane Peacock & Getty

Zooey Deschanel In Monique Lhuillier - Teen Choice Awards

Zooey Deschanel In Monique Lhuillier – Teen Choice Awards

Zoe Saldana In Jonathan Saunders - 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Zoe Saldana In Jonathan Saunders – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

25 Responses to Demi Lovato In Falguni & Shane Peacock – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

1. izzy July 23, 2012 at 09:32 #

While the dress is a vast improvement over her previous red carpet outings, I can’t see past the ridiculous hair style. It looks like she wrapped black electrical tape to create the ponytail, WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?

2. Anne g July 23, 2012 at 09:36 #

demi lovato is out. ugly. awful. My eyes are burning because of the horror. This dress doesn’t emphasize her figure.
    She dressed in a ballerina of the musical” The Lion King”

• Rash July 23, 2012 at 09:55 #

LOlzzzzzzzzzz !!! That was hilarious :D
      although i don’t dislike this look so much.. Its wayyyyyy better than her previous appearances :)

3. Nur July 23, 2012 at 09:49 #

I really love that look, the dress is amazing, but I think I would have used mustard pumps or peep-toes instead of black.

4. Kathy July 23, 2012 at 10:02 #

Ugh. What the heck was she thinking? She’s hardly the type of girl who could pull off a look like this. And even if she was, it’s better suited to an avant garde fashion editorial. Her hair is…eh. I can’t exactly pinpoint much of an issue with it, but I still don’t like it. Only good part of this outfit is probably her shoes.

5. Yeliz July 23, 2012 at 10:17 #

I hate her hair and the shoes and the dress isn’t doing her any favours. It rather makes her look boxy.

Casey LaBow also wore this dress at the Breaking Dawn Part 1 Premiere last November.

• Alina July 23, 2012 at 11:17 #

I agree with you.

6. Lada July 23, 2012 at 10:32 #

Casey LaBow wore this dress to the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 premiere back in November.

7. Paulo July 23, 2012 at 11:06 #

There’s something very deja-vu’y with this look.

8. Jess2 July 23, 2012 at 11:28 #

I kind of like this look up to the hair which is just ridiculous. Kevin is super fine in pic 3 though :P

9. Mrs. A July 23, 2012 at 11:44 #

Love this look from head to toe.

10. Emmeline July 23, 2012 at 12:35 #

I’m not even going to pretend to know what in the fresh hell was going on with her hair. I saw pictures from the back/side and the only word that came to mind is disaster.

11. TeuntjeVDW July 23, 2012 at 13:03 #

I just don´t get it! This dress does nothing for her figure!

12. robbie July 23, 2012 at 14:03 #

head to toe disaster AGAIN this girl stinks of desperation to too cool and edgy.

13. Christine July 23, 2012 at 14:10 #

I feel that she wore this dress before. Demi did rock a Falguni & Shane for the X-factor press conference maybe that’s why?

She looks decent but this is not that great of a look.

14. Rebecca Z July 23, 2012 at 15:19 #

Dreadful. And those have to be some of the ugliest shoes I have ever seen.

15. Amy July 23, 2012 at 15:54 #

i do not like this. I just don’t think the dress translates well off the runway, and her hair. looks. awful.

16. CC July 23, 2012 at 18:15 #

it’s like she’s PURPOSEFULLY highlighting all the parts of her body she shld be hiding..those thighs..those arms. cover up! that pony tail that LITERALLY looks like a pony’s tail…

no. just no.

CC

• Amy July 23, 2012 at 23:34 #

I think that’s an extremely malicious comment, she is recovering from an eating disorder and her body is fine. JUst because she is not the skinny hollywood stereotype does not mean her body looks awful.

17. Leo July 23, 2012 at 19:13 #

I like this. It reminds of Fergie, and that’s bad, but she pulls it off. I also think she works with different stylists for X Factor. I believe Simone Harouche was styling her for some events, don’t know if that’s still the case.

18. rechel July 23, 2012 at 22:11 #

She looks better then the other days wish she would be the girl who she was back in 2010 around may :)

19. MEME July 23, 2012 at 22:55 #

Anybody who complimented this look needs their eyes checked for Glaucoma… What in the entire *CENSORED*???….

Just NO… NO…. and HELL NO!!!… O_o

20. NH July 23, 2012 at 23:32 #

omg I was totally having a deja vu moment when I saw it on tv, it was really bothering me that I couldnt figure it out where but thanks to FC I know now :)….I dont know what I would have done without you FC

the girl in BET award wears it better
    thxx…

• Fashion Critic July 24, 2012 at 06:46 #

:D that’s what I’m here for

21. Martina August 24, 2012 at 19:43 #

I totally dislike this look, in my opinion it doesn’t suite her at all…