23.07.12

2012 Teen Choice Awards Red Carpet Round-Up

Here are the rest of the stars who hit the red carpet at the 2012 Teen Choice Awards on Sunday.

Victoria Justice: The young actress sported a multi-coloured animal printed halter Gomez-Gracia high-low dress with a Swarovski crystal studded leather belt. Her floaty dress was styled with a Lauren Merkin clutch, and Schutz nude pumps.

Miranda Cosgrove: At the first red carpet event to fully embrace the summer season, Miranda’s fully sequined Collette Dinnigan mini dress with crystal embellished trims feels really heavy. Her Stella McCartney black ankle strap pumps and the black clutch don’t help matters.

Ariana Grande: In the absence of Katy Perry someone had to add a quirky touch to the red carpet. Ariana looked cute as a button in a custom-painted 1950s Ladureé inspired macaroon cocktail dress, designed by Kenley Collins.

Sasha Pieterse: I don’t know much about Sasha, but she is the first actress to wear a look from the Carolina Herrera Resort 2013 collection. Her grey-and-black polka dot jacquard strapless cocktail dress was styled with tumbling side swept curls, Casadei triple stacked pumps and a David Yurman ring.

Holland Roden: The gorgeous actress wore an Alice + Olivia Fall 2012 navy box pleat dress with a mustard floral print with a gold belt. A nude coloured Lauren Merkin clutch and matching pumps accessorised her dress which we’ve seen on Dianna Argon.

Chelsea Kane: The actress showed off her legs wearing a pair of Alice + Olivia multi-coloured patchwork shorts paired with a French Connection two-tone blouse and bright blue Aldo pumps. I’m drooling over the pumps.

Kat Graham: The ‘Vampires Diaries’ actress also showed off her long stems wearing a pastel-patterned suit by Australian brand, Wish. Nude pumps, a choice for many stars at this event, plus a white clutch accessorized her look shirt-free look.

Troian Bellisario: Is it me or are all these Maria Lucia Hohan dresses rolling into one? Two-tone Rene Caovilla bow accented peep-toes and a bold red lip colour completed Troian’s look.

Ashley Benson: The actress wore a Monique Lhuillier black floral lace strapless bustier top with black Balenciaga high-waisted pants which are too big and unflattering. Alongside her ‘Pretty Little Liars’ co-stars she stood out for all the wrong reasons.

Tia Mowry: The reality TV star selected a lace long-sleeve Chagoury Couture lemon dress, which I wish was sleeveless. She styled her look with Alexandre Birman pumps and earrings by Dannijo.

Debby Ryan: The Disney actress wore a bold printed Bibhu Mohapatra dress with cold-shoulders which she styled with two-tone Chanel sandals and a silver Edie Parker clutch. I’m glad she’s not afraid of colour or print, but I wish she’d worn her hair up.

Vanessa Marano: I’m itching just looking at Vanessa. She is the only star who didn’t get the summertime memo for this event. Her Ted Baker ‘Jamthum’ black dress with a peplum detail and gold exposed zipper has hit the red carpet at least 3 months too early.

Credit: Getty

‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ LA Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ LA Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2012 Teen Choice Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2012 Teen Choice Awards?

31 Responses to 2012 Teen Choice Awards Red Carpet Round-Up

1. milia July 23, 2012 at 20:29 #

I absolutely love Holland, Kat and Troian the best. Even though the first two are wearing rather boring shoes.

I think I actually preferred Kat’s other look from the night, at least I loved the shoes and the colour of her dress. Slightly creepy aside: Kat has really amazing legs, very toned, probably from the dancing she does.

• Jones19 July 24, 2012 at 00:16 #

I liked Kat’s other outfit a lot better too.

2. Emmeline July 23, 2012 at 20:32 #

There’s a whole lot of unfortunate in this post.

Miranda looks cute enough, though a little out of season. I really like Sasha’s dress, but the shoes are too heavy. I also think Kat’s outfit is fine.

Ashley Benson’s pants are doing unspeakably bad things to her hips. I’d love to know what made her think those were a good idea.

3. Jessica July 23, 2012 at 20:34 #

I agree that miranda cosgrove’s outfit is not very summery but I am drawn to it. I actually really like it! Thanks for all the posts! Looking forward to the awards you hand out!! :)

4. naira July 23, 2012 at 20:45 #

it’s so sad that black teens at the show, are not even considered worth putting up here, u think it’s 2012…but i guess ppl still think black girls don’t matter, oh well i came here to see what they wore since u know everything …but guess we’re not worth it huh!

• Fashion Critic July 23, 2012 at 21:19 #

Firstly on this post you have Tia Mowry and Kat Graham – both women of colour.

On previous post you have Zoe Saldana – http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2012/07/23/zoe-saldana-in-jonathan-saunders-2012-teen-choice-awards/

and Jordin Sparks – http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2012/07/23/jordin-sparks-in-chagoury-couture-2012-teen-choice-awards/

Your comment is totally unfounded. Please fact check before you make such a ridiculous comment.

• Grace July 23, 2012 at 21:44 #

You do realize that FC is a beautiful woman of colour, right?

• Fashion Critic July 23, 2012 at 21:53 #

thanks for the compliment x

• Jazz July 24, 2012 at 04:56 #

LOOOOL i love how she attacks you for racism…and doesn’t even know…

• Fashion Critic July 24, 2012 at 06:42 #

You just have to laugh

• Hannah July 23, 2012 at 23:59 #

What a ridiculous comment. I find it so strange that FC ever gets comments suggesting she is being rcially prejudice towards those she features, she features many different celebrities of many different races, as is proven by this post. How one could get the impression that back people aren’t considered worth being put up here is bizarre, even insulting. Also, as Grace says, if you have ever actually read this blog you would know that FC is a gorgeous woman of colour.
      Furthermore, this is one of the only blogs, if not the only, that features red carpet events from around the world, which just further disproves your unfounded point.
      Also, please try to improve your grammar – sentences start with capitals and the word ‘you’ has got only 2 more letters than the “word” ‘u’.

• Fashion Critic July 24, 2012 at 06:45 #

Thanks Hannah x

• Kathy July 24, 2012 at 14:46 #

Unfortunately, FC doesn’t speak ignorant. Neither do any of us.

5. Paul McLauhlan July 23, 2012 at 20:53 #

Ashley Benson isn’t The Vampire Diaries, she’s Pretty Little Liars

• Fashion Critic July 23, 2012 at 21:19 #

got it.thanks

6. Nat39 July 23, 2012 at 20:59 #

What’s with all the pumps??? Why not sandals?
    Victoria Justice and Holland Roden are my fave. here.
    Troian Bellisario and Ashley Benson look plain comical.

7. Hannah July 23, 2012 at 20:59 #

I adored Miranda’s look, but definitely for the season. I adored Sasha’s dress, but none of teh styling, and, yes, all of the Maria Lucia Hohan dresses look exactly the same, just shorter or longer. If anything this is the most distinguished one.
    My favourite here is easily Chelsea Kane, who looks so chic & young & fresh. There is something so relaxed and almost casual about this look that is an absolute breath of fresh air.

8. justme July 23, 2012 at 21:01 #

Ashley Benson stars in Pretty Little Liars but yes, those pants are awful. Even if they were more form fitting, the look still wouldn’t feel like summer.

I love Victoria Justice’s dress. Shame about the boring shoes.

9. Marybeth July 23, 2012 at 21:16 #

Well, I’ve seen worse round-ups…and better ones too.
    Of this group I like Chelsea Kane the best. I like the way she paired her skimpy shorts with a long-sleeved blouse. The soft drape and pastel color(s) keep the blouse summery while the long sleeves give her extra fabric so she doesn’t look like she’s headed for the beach or something. And then she adds the vibrant pumps, which I think work beautifully — better than sandals would.

I think the look is very, very cute and well put together.

10. Grace July 23, 2012 at 21:19 #

Holland Roden was my best dressed of the night. I have no idea who she is, but this was certainly a great first impression to make!

11. Malinda Jane July 23, 2012 at 21:20 #

I love ashley benson but that outfit is HORRIBLE. The top is way too tight at the bust and the pants way too big. It’s giving her gorgeous body some bizarre proportions.

12. asherlev1 July 23, 2012 at 21:53 #

Holland Roden is my best dressed, hands down.

13. Terry July 23, 2012 at 22:31 #

Sasha is another protagonist of “Pretty Little Liars”.

14. Christine July 23, 2012 at 22:52 #

I love Chelsea Kane, Kat Graham and Victoria Justice looks the most.

I see Alice + Olivia is getting some love on the RC lately.

15. Yeliz July 23, 2012 at 23:24 #

Chelsea Kane is my favourite here, I’m drooling over the whole look. I also like Troian Bellisario and Holland Roden’s looks.

16. Tanya July 23, 2012 at 23:53 #

Love the Wish suit! I have been wearing Wish for years and its great to see it on the red carpet!

17. TL July 24, 2012 at 01:00 #

Holland Roden is my favorite here, Kat Graham and Chelsea Kane also look great.

18. Lizzo July 24, 2012 at 02:00 #

Almost half of them dressed for the wrong season… or maybe it’s just me hating the gothic dresses. I agree Debbie should’ve wore her hair up, and maybe even pinned her bangs back? She would look more mature, which would’ve been a good thing considering she’s on Disney Channel. The PLL girls look awful, they need some fashion advice from their TV show characters. Love Sasha’s hair though, and Holland Roden’s entire look!

19. Parvati July 24, 2012 at 02:01 #

My frontrunner is going to Chelsea Kane, for a daring print and lovely shoes.
    Runner Up is Sasha, she lost points for her average shoe choice.
    Holland is 3rd, everything was gorgeous but her shoes, and she was less dynamic than the other two.

My Bottom Three consists of Victoria Juatice, whose hair competed with a dress that she already looked uncomfortable in. The nude pumps just added insult to injury. Second to last was Vanessa Marano. She actually styled her look reasonable well, however she overdid the black to the point where she looked tacky. Ashley came in last for her awkwardly fitted ensemble which made for an incredibly unsightly look.

20. Alina July 24, 2012 at 05:57 #

Holland is my favourite from this post.

21. Kathy July 24, 2012 at 14:47 #

What is it with Sasha and looking twice her age? The girl was 14 when she was cast in Pretty Little Liars alongside girls in their mid-20s. She dresses like it too…