17.07.12 Premiere

I was most excited to see what Marion Cotillard would wear to the New York premiere for ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ which was held at the AMC Lincoln Square Theater.

Sadly, the excitement was short lived.

The French actress wore an ivory Christian Dior Couture frou-frou creation with a ruffled skirt which instantly reminded me of Bjork’s 2001 Oscar swan dress, without the swan head of course.

Marion can do so much better than this lacklustre dress, but that’s not all.

Her silver Christian Louboutin ‘Lady Max’ heels don’t work with the delicate nature of her dress. The dress tells one story and the shoes contradict it.

The only things I do like are her Chopard earrings, but in the close-up I was shocked to discover her orange eye makeup.

A huge disappointment all round.

You can buy Marion’s Christian Louboutin ‘Lady Max’ spike-embellished metallic leather sandals from Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman.

Lucy Hale's Evil Twin Still Kick'n Studded Shorts

Lucy Hale’s Evil Twin Still Kick’n Studded Shorts

Zoe Kravitz In Emilio Pucci - 'The Dark Knight Rises' New York Premiere

Zoe Kravitz In Emilio Pucci – ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ New York Premiere

44 Responses to Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ New York Premiere

1. Alina July 17, 2012 at 10:13 #

OMG! The makeup is a HUGE disaster!

The dress is cute, but I agree that it doesn’t go with the shoes.

• Rebecca Z July 17, 2012 at 14:28 #

+1 My thoughts exactly.

• Lex July 17, 2012 at 15:17 #

I think the eyeshadow makes her eyes pop. It’s edgy, but you all do seem very conventional in your responses. Can’t somebody be experimental? Especially with such a frou frou dress, the eyeshadow makes it punky.

• Nat39 July 17, 2012 at 18:47 #

…and she should’ve totally worn a pair of chunky orange jelly sandals :) kidding

2. Laura July 17, 2012 at 10:16 #

I actually quite like the dress but WOW–that eye makeup more than ruins this look for me. It literally looks like someone smeared on orange cream eye shadow. What was she thinking?!?

• Katryna July 19, 2012 at 22:59 #

3. Shiva July 17, 2012 at 10:19 #

Just spot-on commentary as ever, FC

and u’re bold enough to admit that to urself before spelling it out here especially considering how hard it is to expect so much of an appearance, watching out for it for weeks if not months and u get this!

I could watch her new vogue behind the shoot video for hours but just like that shoot, they morph a terrifically beautiful, one a kind woman into something so sub-standard and dare I say common like this! sad

4. CoutureAbility July 17, 2012 at 10:29 #

For some very odd reason as soon as I read the title ‘Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior,’ I immediately thought white and voila!
    Moving on to the subject, what a fashion crime indeed

5. TL July 17, 2012 at 10:30 #

OMG, what’s wrong with her eyes?

The makeup is a calamity!

6. elena July 17, 2012 at 10:41 #

I actually like it!! even if the make up is not good!! I think she looks cute and hot! She is a beautiful lady

7. Lee Ann July 17, 2012 at 11:21 #

I am , as you know a huge CD supporter but WTF?? Awful. I don’t recognise the dress from any collection so curious about its provinance as I am hoping that it does not have Raf’s finger prints on it because that would not bode well for the future. It doesn’t look like a Raf design.

8. Andreea July 17, 2012 at 11:35 #

Love the whole outfit but i agree about the make up.Horrible !

• tiffany July 17, 2012 at 21:48 #

+1 LOVE the outfit. The makeup is what I expect from my goddaughter.

9. roxana July 17, 2012 at 11:42 #

maybe next time she will wow us.

10. Maggie July 17, 2012 at 11:53 #

Oh my god, I feel so sad. The dress and shoes are gorgeous on their own, but together, they just don’t work. She’s such a goddess at every other red carpet event – I’m really hoping this is a one-off.

11. su July 17, 2012 at 11:54 #

someone has to apologize for this!

12. robbie July 17, 2012 at 12:42 #

the make-up is a disaster from a distance a look as if she hasnt sleep for weeks.

the shoes, jewellery and hair are all nice, the dress looks cheap. this is dior couture, looks more juicy couture.

13. Emmeline July 17, 2012 at 13:24 #

That eye makeup is tragic. I don’t mind the dress, but it does sort of look like she just stepped out of the credits to Sex and the City.

14. dee July 17, 2012 at 13:26 #

I actually really like her outfit. The orange makeup is a big no.

15. Alana July 17, 2012 at 13:27 #

Orange? REALLY?

16. bm July 17, 2012 at 14:00 #

The outfit is way too young for her age, + her make up is, like you said, disaster. I think Anne just knocked Marion on this New York Premiere.

17. Christine July 17, 2012 at 14:08 #

The makeup is horrible. Very disappointed! The dress reminds of a Marchesa dress.

She could do better.

18. Parvati July 17, 2012 at 15:05 #

I actually really like the whole look. It’s sweet, but at the same time, quite fierce. The only thing that ruins it for me is that horrible orange eye-shadow.

19. Liana July 17, 2012 at 15:38 #

Am I the only one who actually like that makeup? hahaha!

Really, I think it’s a fresh touch. But yeah, it doesn’t really suit the dress.

Overall, I don’t find it disastrous. It’s cute and pretty!

20. Jen H-K July 17, 2012 at 15:46 #

Did she miss the premiere of “Black Swan”!?!? Yikes that girl can do so much better!!

21. JOSHB July 17, 2012 at 15:55 #

The problem is that marion always do perfect ensemble before and now we are expecting to much from her and so we are always disappointed but please do not go too far, it’s not the worst ensemble that we ever seen on this blog but she can do so much better ……..

22. Yeliz July 17, 2012 at 15:57 #

Can’t believe that I would be so disappointed by Marion, but this is just no. The biggest no of course goes to her make-up. Orange? What was she thinking? The dress is not that bad, but it definitely doesn’t fit with the shoes. And the shoes.. I don’t really like them in general.
    The only thing I like here are also her earrings.

23. Sanette July 17, 2012 at 16:40 #

The make-up is a big miss for me. It makes her look sick. I like the pieces separately but not together.

24. Angela July 17, 2012 at 17:53 #

Oh my… The dress is beautiful, I adore the shoes. Together, they are a huge mismatch. When I saw the close up of the makeup… I screamed. This wayyy too much eyeshadow, and the wrong color as well! Huge miss.

25. justme July 17, 2012 at 18:02 #

I’m never a fan of her make-up but this is just terrible.
    The dress is photocall material at best. And the shoes just don’t work either.
    This premiere was very disappointing fashion wise.

26. Tracy L July 17, 2012 at 18:30 #

I don’t mind the dress with the shoes. To me it makes the dress less frou frou. Can’t get behind the eyeshadow though.

27. Dhppy July 17, 2012 at 18:34 #

Okay, the eye makeup makes her look as if she has come down with something lethal. However, when it comes to the dress and the shoes, I must respectfully disagree. I love it! I especially love those Louboutin “Wonder Woman” shoes (as I’ve come to think of them) adding some sparkle and edge to the sweet dress. And the earrings are dazzling. Change the makeup and she’d be perfection in eyes.

28. Laura July 17, 2012 at 19:35 #

I love everything about this look … Except this makeup!!

29. Ritika July 17, 2012 at 20:53 #

The dress is too poufy to be salvaged by the (most gorgeous)sandals(ever).

30. Jones19 July 17, 2012 at 21:43 #

I like the dress, love the shoes but they don’t go together at all. The makeup is horrific.

31. Dee July 17, 2012 at 23:48 #

like the look…she can keep the makeup.

32. Kiran Muzammil July 18, 2012 at 00:13 #

White-out! And since when is getting your face painted by kids in vogue?

33. Dan Oliver July 18, 2012 at 00:29 #

The dress I like and the shoes i agree the they don’t go together but my god the make up is atrocious what was she thinking.

34. Jess2 July 18, 2012 at 13:14 #

I like the dress but the shoes don’t work well and the orange eyeshadow is a disaster. Orange eye-shadow is hard to pull off and I don’t think it works on Marion

35. Ellie July 18, 2012 at 15:39 #

I have a question: isn’t she also wearing orange make-up with her last christian dior dress? The blue one with the flowers…

36. Errun July 18, 2012 at 18:16 #

The dress aged her..really..made her a young girl :)) a girl who loves to giggle and paints her eyes orange!!

37. Emi July 19, 2012 at 18:26 #

The dress is very cute but the rest is ugly. The shoes are a bad choice considering the dress and I think that the make up, especially the orange eyeshadow, is ugly. It’s a miss, for me, but she’s overrated, she’s not a stylish woman.

38. Lou July 19, 2012 at 20:27 #

The eye make-up is horrendous – looks more like an infection than make-up!

39. Hannah July 21, 2012 at 14:08 #

I so almost like this look, it’s quite painful. To me it’s the styling, I think the dress is chic & classic, but the shoes needed to be more femenine & classic to make it work. I do love the shoes, but not with this dress, but I’m still thankful that they aren’t nude or back pumps.
    The eye makeup is terrible, it reminds me of a combination of conjunctivitis and my fingers after eating cheetos.