06.07.12

Demi Lovato In Topshop – Good Morning America

Taking a moment away from her X Factor judging duties, Demi Lovato performed on ABC’s ‘Good Morning America’ earlier today in New York City.

You’ll get no prizes for guessing that yet again she was wearing Topshop.

On this occasion she wore a floral lace bustier accented with silver studs, which she paired with a black leather skirt and a Topshop light denim cropped jacket with spiked shoulders.

The spikes and studded details didn’t end there….sadly.

Demi accessorized with a spiked silver statement necklace and Steve Madden studded cap toe lace up boots.

Neon pink dip dye hair to match her neon pink lip colour completed her look.

This is so wrong on so many levels. She’s trying way too hard.

Shop Demi’s look.

Topshop Moto shoulder spike jacket
Topshop US and Topshop International
Steve Madden studded lace up ankle boots
Endless and Nordstrom.com.
Credit: Getty

Jada Pinkett-Smith's Lanvin Pleated Silk Blend Tulle Dress And Nicholas Kirkwood Tribal T-Strap Sandals

Jada Pinkett-Smith’s Lanvin Pleated Silk Blend Tulle Dress And Nicholas Kirkwood Tribal T-Strap Sandals

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

44 Responses to Demi Lovato In Topshop – Good Morning America

1. jeremy July 6, 2012 at 20:19 #

My eyes almost bled for rolling too hard for this. Hopefully she can grow out of this phrase like Solange Knowles did. And she’d better do it fast.

2. RAMPAAAAAGE! July 6, 2012 at 20:31 #

I don’t think she has the body to pull off this look (the skirt really bothers me), but outside of that – I don’t mind the looks itself.

• CeCe July 7, 2012 at 01:12 #

I don’t know if it’s an unflattering picture of her or what, but her legs look HUGE in the second picture. Maybe thats the effect on the boots cutting her ankles off from view?

• marie July 7, 2012 at 22:14 #

the skirt sits too high on her, diminishing her waist..she is tiny but this manages to make her look big

3. dee July 6, 2012 at 20:58 #

Too much going on in one outfit and it isn’t flattering.

4. CC July 6, 2012 at 21:04 #

in the nicest way possible…NOT figure flattering…cover it up!

CC

5. Hollywood Fashion July 6, 2012 at 21:29 #

Yeah, not her best look. I do love all the pieces though.. if only she’d worn them separately!

6. roxy July 6, 2012 at 23:21 #

This look makes me feel sad. From the fugly bustier, the unflattering skirt,down to the club foot boots. Easily her worst look to date.

7. bas July 7, 2012 at 00:07 #

This is such a disaster…. please Demi get a stylist, and do it fast!

• Alina July 8, 2012 at 13:18 #

8. Yeliz July 7, 2012 at 00:08 #

How much worse can she get? I really don’t understand her collaboration with Topshop. She makes it look like they only sell things, that can no doubt put one on the worst dressed list.

9. Malinda Jane July 7, 2012 at 00:52 #

I can give her a pass on these looks. She’s still a teenager and probably trying to figure out what kind of image she wants to portray.
    At least she looks healthy and happy!

• admmgz July 7, 2012 at 17:04 #

10. Dhppy July 7, 2012 at 01:29 #

I must confess, Lovato’s obvious weight gain led me to peruse her photos going back a few years on this site to see the changes. What shocked me most, however, was how much worse her fashion sense seems to have become in such a short time. Just 6 months ago she was on a roll with wonderful dresses from Marchesa, Roland Mouret, Maria Lucia Hohan and Alexander Wang. Perhaps she’s someone for whom Top Shop cannot do justice.

11. Carmen July 7, 2012 at 02:24 #

Just hit me that the reason Demi is always in Topshop on X Factor may be because Simon is good friends with Philip Green, so Topshop can appeal to the younger audience.
    No comment re the look

12. Parvati July 7, 2012 at 02:33 #

She looks awful… again. She really needs to stop trying so hard, because she ends up looking ridiculous every time.

13. pipsqueak July 7, 2012 at 03:01 #

This girl belongs to the mall of America. A middle to low-end mall, and she should be standing on the sales floor of Forever 21.

14. Ritika July 7, 2012 at 03:47 #

*shudder*

I love the jacket, the skirt, the boots. but ALL together?? what was she thnking? That bustier is just tacky, WITH the necklace!! disaster.

15. Hailey July 7, 2012 at 03:53 #

I’m 19 years old, and aboout Demi’s size and I wouldn’t wear this. It looks very gimmicky and like she’s trying to pull a Miley Cyrus.

16. Mandy July 7, 2012 at 04:19 #

Don’t hate the clothes, hate the wearer . Lana Del Rey looked super gorgeous head to toe in Topshop. But Demi looked head to toe trashed up. What is this ? The 80s gone wrong ?

17. mandy July 7, 2012 at 04:21 #

And her stylist should know that any curvy girl will not look good in cropped / bomber jackets. Think Mariah Carey !!

18. MEME July 7, 2012 at 04:40 #

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse… it does….. I’m suprised that you didn’t add your one liners FC…. and slightly amused/offended that you would suggest we shop this awful look…. lol….

19. AngeV July 7, 2012 at 07:20 #

She looks awful.
    I think her style icons must be the cast of “Jersey Shore’

• Caro July 7, 2012 at 08:40 #

So true and one of the best quotes of the year!

• Brena July 7, 2012 at 18:45 #

Exactly what I thought when I saw this. She looks ridiculous!

20. Valeria July 7, 2012 at 07:41 #

Ahahaha, FC, I cant stop laughing at to-the-point transition between “wrong in so many levels” and “shop her look”. You have amazing sense of humor!:)

• MEME July 9, 2012 at 04:05 #

+1 I was like WUH???… and WHAT????…. lol…

21. emily July 7, 2012 at 09:07 #

my first reaction was “OH NO! not again” lol

22. TeuntjeVDW July 7, 2012 at 11:50 #

My eyes hurt! This is awful! She really needs a good stylist!

23. Christine July 7, 2012 at 13:27 #

She needs a stylist ASAP!!!! Horrible.

24. kane July 7, 2012 at 14:09 #

Humming “You Give [Topshop] a Bad Name” to myself.

25. Jess2 July 7, 2012 at 15:41 #

No no no no no!! This is atrocious and I really want to attack her hair with a pair of scissors

26. Natalie July 7, 2012 at 18:30 #

This is so unflattering! I’m surprised she’s even able to move her arms, that jacket looks uncomfortably tight.

27. Jessica Greenman July 7, 2012 at 19:26 #

It’s not ‘so wrong on so many levels’, or ‘trying way too hard’. It’s wrong on ONE level, and not trying nearly hard enough. This is a criticism of the author of this post not the girl in question. She’s just fat. Fat girls either wear kaftans or hoodies or suits or dress like tarts. I don’t see what improvement she can make – and she’s stupid, too, so taste is sort of infra dig – leave her as she is. But you lot: RCFA – change your editor, or use a different journalist. I can’t read this pap. It’s worse than the actual pictures.

• Emma July 8, 2012 at 01:20 #

Congratulations for calling a girl who’s recently come out of rehab for bulimia ‘fat’.

• Jessica Greenman July 8, 2012 at 16:43 #

What am I supposed to call her? Thin?

• CreoleLady July 8, 2012 at 19:59 #

What is this, troll week? First of all, if you find RCFA to be such pap, why are you even here? Second, if you want commentary that labels women stupid and mandates that “fat girls” be limited to kaftans, hoodies, and suits, then I am sure somewhere in the great world wide internet you can find some blog
        that shares your, er, sensibilities. Third, I am not surprised you can’t see what improvements Demi can make since you are so close-minded about “fat girls”. However, as a result of following this blog for several years, I can think of a couple of ways in which a woman larger than a stick could flatter her figure.

• marie July 9, 2012 at 05:17 #

just because someone isn’t model thin doesnt mean she can only weat kaftans or suits or whatever.. and yes, if you’ve been a follower of this site for quite some time then you should know already that there are a lot of ways in which women larger than sticks can flatter their figure..think queen latifah..or olivia spencer on her amazing awards season run

28. sara July 7, 2012 at 20:58 #

OH GOD HONEY NO.

29. Nanda July 8, 2012 at 04:05 #

I love the 80′s and not in a good way.

30. M.B July 8, 2012 at 20:39 #

So tacky! Next…

31. katchimo July 9, 2012 at 04:31 #

pwahahaha.

This is so wrong on so many levels. She’s trying way too hard.

Shop Demi’s look.

32. Angela July 10, 2012 at 16:06 #

If I raided her closet, I would most likely be shanked by millions upon millions of studs and spikes. Lord help this girl, this isn’t edgy, it’s trying too hard to be edgy.

33. anonymous July 16, 2012 at 10:52 #

In the name of studs, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!! do not abuse studs.