05.07.12

Front Row @ Armani Privé Fall 2012

The Armani Privé Fall 2012 show drew a sophisticated set of A-List celebs, as you would expect.

Leslie Mann: The actress, who attended the Chanel show earlier in the day, did a complete 180. Looking forgettable at Chanel, she wowed at Armani. With her hair swept to one side, the glamazon looked outstanding wearing an Armani LBD with a handkerchief hemline.

Zoe Saldana: It’s always a delight to see Zoe during fashion week. Looking impeccable from head-to-toe, the actress wore a shimmering coral Giorgio Armani Fall 2012 halter dress which she styled with black accessories. I have already picked out my Prive wish list for her.

Shailene Woodley: The ‘Descendants’ actress attended her first Couture runway show. She kept her look simple wearing an Armani Resort 2013 ivory ¾-sleeve jacket with black pants.

Michelle Yeoh: The Asian actress is a long-time fan of Giorgio Armani. After nearly bumping into her as we entered the venue at the same time, I got to see up close how stunning she really is. I refuse to believe she is 48 years old. Dressed in an Armani Prive Spring 2012 one-shoulder calf-length dress with a neon-green net overlay, she frustrating by wearing that green wristband and oversized watch…again.

Isabelle Huppert: The French actress finally delights in colour. She has worn so much black lately that this electric-blue Armani dress with nude heels, a blue python clutch and bracelet is a very refreshing change.

Sophia Loren: The crowds just seemed to part when Sophia entered the venue with Roberta Armani. It was like the Queen was arriving. Dressed in an Armani polka-dot blazer and black pants, she was perfection personified.

Credit: Getty & Bauer Griffin

Christian Louboutin Unveils The Cinderella Shoe

Christian Louboutin Unveils The Cinderella Shoe

Elizabeth Banks' Barbara Bui Suede Colourblock Pumps

Elizabeth Banks’ Barbara Bui Suede Colourblock Pumps

20 Responses to Front Row @ Armani Privé Fall 2012

1. MR July 5, 2012 at 12:00 #

lol…Zoe hasnt worn Armani before ???
    I remember you even chose her for the best dressed of 2011..and in that look she was wearing custom Armani Prive!!

2. Matt R July 5, 2012 at 12:28 #

I love how Zoe looks. Her and Armani would make an incredible combination, especially after her Armani Privé from Cannes 2011.

I also agree that Michelle Yeoh looks stunning, but the watch is killing me. This could have been perfection.

3. Kevin July 5, 2012 at 12:33 #

FC, I think the green wristband on Michelle Yeoh’s wrist is a token of Buddhism which you couldn’t take it off unless you have to wash it. I know some Chinese wear red ones and I do think the green one has the same meaning(though I don’t know what it actually means, perhaps for wishes of happiness or health). But I really can’t explain the watch…

4. CreoleLady July 5, 2012 at 12:42 #

I’m confused — didn’t Zoe win BDOTY-Critic’s Choice in Armani? The candy cane dress, which I loved …

5. The Very Simon G July 5, 2012 at 13:51 #

Sophia Loren is AMAZING!! I’d have her on the front row of my show anyday!!!

6. dee July 5, 2012 at 14:17 #

I only like Leslie Mann’s outfit.

7. Kelsey July 5, 2012 at 14:19 #

shailene’s jacket, with the almost bateau neckline, is really unflattering- i prefer it with the collar up, like the designer’s styling

8. EmmaWoodhouse July 5, 2012 at 14:54 #

Zoe has worn Armani before http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2011/05/16/zoe-saldana-in-armani-prive-2011-cannes-film-festival-%E2%80%9Cthe-tree-of-life%E2%80%9D-premiere/
    and it’s a great collaboration! She looks great here and really stands out for me!

9. Yeliz July 5, 2012 at 14:58 #

Leslie Mann and Zoe Saldana are my favourites.

10. Alina July 5, 2012 at 15:59 #

Leslie is my favourite here.

11. Juliana July 5, 2012 at 16:35 #

I love Zoe’s dress, but her black accessories are so damn boring here!

12. Beta July 5, 2012 at 17:03 #

“The crowds just seemed to part when Sophia entered the venue”
    :D :D
    no wonder, she looks AMAZING!

13. adf July 5, 2012 at 17:52 #

Damn…Leslie Mann is so freakishly botoxed…

14. Nat39 July 5, 2012 at 18:19 #

I don’t like Zoe’s black accessories she chose for her coral dress.
    Leslie and Sophia stand out.

15. Hannah July 5, 2012 at 18:47 #

Didn’t Zoe wear Armani when she won BDOTY last year? Such a beautiful moment, and also at the store opening in 2009 – I agree, she would look so beautiful in the classic Armani lines. I love hwo Shailene Woodley has made Armani work for her – she is more often a miss than hit for me but this really works imo.

16. Raquel July 5, 2012 at 21:15 #

The corws should part all the time when Sophia enters a room, because she is the last true diva standing!

17. Christine July 6, 2012 at 01:20 #

I love Zoe the best here.

18. pipsqueak July 6, 2012 at 03:21 #

Shailene is my favorite. Tailored, cool and simplistic. Overall, the label has an older following. But the ‘ladies’ appear to be genuine fans, which I appreciate. In comparison, I feel Chanel and Burberry try too hard to accessorize their shows with ‘girls’ that are just fashion plates – a lot of window dressing.

19. Fari July 6, 2012 at 23:14 #

FC what did you think of Leslie Mann at the Valentino show?

20. Jess2 July 7, 2012 at 06:30 #

Zoe is gorgeous, I really love her dress :) Leslie also looks lovely and well, Sohpia is just out of this world amazing! Michelle’s look would have been great had she left the watch at home. I despise that watch more and more with every appearance. I have not yet come across a look from Shailene that is worth getting excited about, I just don’t seem to like her style.