Front Row @ Chanel Fall 2012 Couture

As always, it was a star-studded front row for the Chanel Fall 2013 Couture presentation on Tuesday morning.

Diane Kruger: I wasn’t too enamoured with Diane’s look. The blue Chanel Resort 2013 dress (her second from this collection) isn’t the issue, it’s the styling. The styling tells me she’s still on vacation mode. The baker boy hat and Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ spike flats don’t work with this dress for me.

Poppy Delevigne: I much preferred Poppy’s look. Whilst considerably more laidback wearing a Chanel ensemble featuring a white shirt and denim skirt, the styling is perfected from her round sunnies to her shimmering Givenchy gold glitter sandals.

Alexa Chung: As always, I have a strong case of déjà vu when it comes to the British presenter. I’m sure many of you will agree that you feel like you’ve seen this look before….several times. Always in back-to-school mode, Alexa did opt for some interesting accessories on this occasion. Fur-trimmed Giuseppe Zanotti black strappy sandals and a mini Chanel patent quilted shoulder bag completed the look.

Leslie Mann: Usually I’m Leslie’s biggest fan, but I failed to get excited about her Chanel look which features an ivory pleated blouse which she teamed with a black tweed high-waisted pencil skirt. Her ensemble was very sophisticated but a tad boring, even with the addition of the red Chanel quilted bag.

Clemence Poesy: The French actress looked chic, as always, giving us an ‘I got dressed in 5 mins’ effortless look. Wearing a Chanel black embroidered and cap-sleeve dress with an A-line skirt and a cut-out back, she styled her look with a silver Chanel glitter clutch and black buckled Oxfords. Natural looking makeup and wavy tresses provided the finishing touches.

Milla Jovovich: This Chanel Resort 2013 dress is so very pretty, but feels too girlie for Milla. This look should’ve been saved for Elle Fanning.

Credit: Getty

33 thoughts on “Front Row @ Chanel Fall 2012 Couture

1. Protoss

The hat/shoes make Diane’s look – words can not express how much I adore the styling. The dress seems SLIGHTLY too massive for my taste.
    Clemence and Milla also look pretty darn fantastic, with Clemence probably being my absolutely favorite.
    I would have also liked Alexa’s look, but the fur on the sandals kills it for me – it’s tacky beyond words.

2. dunzoo

i like diane’s outfit sans the hat, her dress is so cute and playful, alexa looks good too, cool and chic at the same time

3. Lara

I actually love Leslie’s look the most, minus the shoes. It’s the right combination of chic and sophisticated.

4. Christine

I like Clemence Poesy and Milla looks the best. Diane’s styling is not on point, sadly.

5. Hannah

I don’t mind Diane’s shoes, but the hat feels a tad gimmicky to me. I really like Lesie’s look, she does sleek sophistication very well, but it is a tad unexciting for her. I think that teh shoe is what really brings it down, a sandals would have made it better, and an inch off the skirt, too.

1. Nat39

Yep, the hat is gimmicky. This is NOT a Parisian chic, more like a tourist in Paris trying too hard.

6. Andreas

I like the outfit of Diane except the shoes. Ver fresh and playful. Milla looks amazing as always, very girly and cute. But my favourite is definitely Poppy´s outfit! Good critics

best regards

7. HM

LOL @ Milla’s pose…she needs to learn that that pose only works for her when she wears sexy Versace dresses :)

8. EmmaWoodhouse

Actually, I think Diane’s styling is PERFECT. It gives the feeling a deliciously Parisian vibe–she is the standout for me here. Clemence looks amazing as well. Alexa is a bore, Poppy and Leslie are OK, and Milla is a bit too girly.

9. Fiona

I quite like Diane’s look, I think it’s very Parisian chic. Did you attend this show in person, FC?

10. Odette

Due to the fact that Poppy looks unhealthy, Milla wins for me. Her look is the most interesting.

11. Marybeth

I like Clemence best here and am delighted to see her looking so beautiful.
    She usually goes so far overboard with her pretentious I-don’t-care styling that it is just annoying. But here she is doing an authentic minimalism. I do believe she even found a comb!!!

Diane looks wonderful in the dress, but the hat ruins it. Ah well.
    To me the rest are boring….at best.

12. Nat39

Diane’s styling is way off – neither out-of-place random cap nor those flats work, agree.
    Poppy is my fav. of the bunch.

13. MG

I love diane’s look. Parisan chic. Also FC did you see Fan Bingbing in Stephane Rolland finale gown on runway? totally amazing!

14. Mol

I love Poppy and Diane both. Some are suggesting Diane’s look is cliche Parisian, but I find the whole thing quite chic, relaxed and playful.

15. Emi

I love Diane’s dress so much, all that collection is so beautiful, and I also like the way she styled; I love Clemence Posey’s glitter bag and she looks effortlessly chic as usual. Well dressed women, anyway, even A. Chung looks quite good (maybe because her hair is clean) and Poppy looks very chic, too.

16. Dhppy

I’m not wowed by anyone’s outfit here (though I am thoroughly frightened by Alexa’s legs). Everyone here looks tasteful and somewhat safe.

17. ZH

Hey FC! I just saw you are on fashiontv right now. At a photoshoot and explaining what your model is wearing. Which is beautiful btw. Congrats!

1. Fashion Critic Post author

Oh…I still haven’t seen it… that was from the Luisa via Roma event

18. Raquel

I actually love Mila’s look because even tough it is on the girlie side, she doesn’t look childish.

19. Jess2

I actually really like Mila’s look. I really love each of the pieces that went into this look and I think they all work well together. I also like Clemence’s look, I think her dress is divine and I also really like Diane’s dress.