04.07.12

Front Row @ Chanel Fall 2012 Couture

As always, it was a star-studded front row for the Chanel Fall 2013 Couture presentation on Tuesday morning.

Diane Kruger: I wasn’t too enamoured with Diane’s look. The blue Chanel Resort 2013 dress (her second from this collection) isn’t the issue, it’s the styling. The styling tells me she’s still on vacation mode. The baker boy hat and Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ spike flats don’t work with this dress for me.

Poppy Delevigne: I much preferred Poppy’s look. Whilst considerably more laidback wearing a Chanel ensemble featuring a white shirt and denim skirt, the styling is perfected from her round sunnies to her shimmering Givenchy gold glitter sandals.

Alexa Chung: As always, I have a strong case of déjà vu when it comes to the British presenter. I’m sure many of you will agree that you feel like you’ve seen this look before….several times. Always in back-to-school mode, Alexa did opt for some interesting accessories on this occasion. Fur-trimmed Giuseppe Zanotti black strappy sandals and a mini Chanel patent quilted shoulder bag completed the look.

Leslie Mann: Usually I’m Leslie’s biggest fan, but I failed to get excited about her Chanel look which features an ivory pleated blouse which she teamed with a black tweed high-waisted pencil skirt. Her ensemble was very sophisticated but a tad boring, even with the addition of the red Chanel quilted bag.

Clemence Poesy: The French actress looked chic, as always, giving us an ‘I got dressed in 5 mins’ effortless look. Wearing a Chanel black embroidered and cap-sleeve dress with an A-line skirt and a cut-out back, she styled her look with a silver Chanel glitter clutch and black buckled Oxfords. Natural looking makeup and wavy tresses provided the finishing touches.

Milla Jovovich: This Chanel Resort 2013 dress is so very pretty, but feels too girlie for Milla. This look should’ve been saved for Elle Fanning.

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Hudson's Equipment Star Print Silk Blouse And Giuseppe Zanotti Jeweled Tassel Loafers

Jennifer Hudson’s Equipment Star Print Silk Blouse And Giuseppe Zanotti Jeweled Tassel Loafers

Beyonce Knowles' Vionnet Cotton Twill Tapered Pants And Grey Ant Status Sunglasses

Beyonce Knowles’ Vionnet Cotton Twill Tapered Pants And Grey Ant Status Sunglasses

33 Responses to Front Row @ Chanel Fall 2012 Couture

1. lily July 4, 2012 at 12:36 #

As always Clémence Poésy is gorgeous !

2. Protoss July 4, 2012 at 12:46 #

The hat/shoes make Diane’s look – words can not express how much I adore the styling. The dress seems SLIGHTLY too massive for my taste.
    Clemence and Milla also look pretty darn fantastic, with Clemence probably being my absolutely favorite.
    I would have also liked Alexa’s look, but the fur on the sandals kills it for me – it’s tacky beyond words.

3. dunzoo July 4, 2012 at 12:53 #

i like diane’s outfit sans the hat, her dress is so cute and playful, alexa looks good too, cool and chic at the same time

4. Lara July 4, 2012 at 12:54 #

I actually love Leslie’s look the most, minus the shoes. It’s the right combination of chic and sophisticated.

• Yeliz July 4, 2012 at 18:04 #

5. pc July 4, 2012 at 13:18 #

ALEXA YAWNNNNN FREAKIN BORING!I love diane styling!so fresh!

6. robbie July 4, 2012 at 13:34 #

poppy and milla are the only 2 that excite me, the rest are so dull.

7. Christine July 4, 2012 at 13:58 #

I like Clemence Poesy and Milla looks the best. Diane’s styling is not on point, sadly.

8. Hannah July 4, 2012 at 14:33 #

I don’t mind Diane’s shoes, but the hat feels a tad gimmicky to me. I really like Lesie’s look, she does sleek sophistication very well, but it is a tad unexciting for her. I think that teh shoe is what really brings it down, a sandals would have made it better, and an inch off the skirt, too.

9. Andreas July 4, 2012 at 14:34 #

I like the outfit of Diane except the shoes. Ver fresh and playful. Milla looks amazing as always, very girly and cute. But my favourite is definitely Poppy´s outfit! Good critics

best regards

10. Alina July 4, 2012 at 14:54 #

Poppy is my favourite here.

11. HM July 4, 2012 at 14:58 #

LOL @ Milla’s pose…she needs to learn that that pose only works for her when she wears sexy Versace dresses :)

12. EmmaWoodhouse July 4, 2012 at 15:35 #

Actually, I think Diane’s styling is PERFECT. It gives the feeling a deliciously Parisian vibe–she is the standout for me here. Clemence looks amazing as well. Alexa is a bore, Poppy and Leslie are OK, and Milla is a bit too girly.

13. Fiona July 4, 2012 at 16:10 #

I quite like Diane’s look, I think it’s very Parisian chic. Did you attend this show in person, FC?

14. Odette July 4, 2012 at 16:51 #

Due to the fact that Poppy looks unhealthy, Milla wins for me. Her look is the most interesting.

15. Marybeth July 4, 2012 at 17:10 #

I like Clemence best here and am delighted to see her looking so beautiful.
    She usually goes so far overboard with her pretentious I-don’t-care styling that it is just annoying. But here she is doing an authentic minimalism. I do believe she even found a comb!!!

Diane looks wonderful in the dress, but the hat ruins it. Ah well.
    To me the rest are boring….at best.

16. Ritika July 4, 2012 at 17:46 #

Diane wins for me. she had me at the shoes.

17. Nat39 July 4, 2012 at 17:54 #

Diane’s styling is way off – neither out-of-place random cap nor those flats work, agree.
    Poppy is my fav. of the bunch.

18. MG July 4, 2012 at 19:38 #

I love diane’s look. Parisan chic. Also FC did you see Fan Bingbing in Stephane Rolland finale gown on runway? totally amazing!

19. Shaina July 5, 2012 at 02:53 #

Poppy Delevigne looks so chic, I absolutely love her look!

20. Mol July 5, 2012 at 02:56 #

I love Poppy and Diane both. Some are suggesting Diane’s look is cliche Parisian, but I find the whole thing quite chic, relaxed and playful.

21. Emi July 5, 2012 at 06:32 #

I love Diane’s dress so much, all that collection is so beautiful, and I also like the way she styled; I love Clemence Posey’s glitter bag and she looks effortlessly chic as usual. Well dressed women, anyway, even A. Chung looks quite good (maybe because her hair is clean) and Poppy looks very chic, too.

22. Dhppy July 5, 2012 at 06:58 #

I’m not wowed by anyone’s outfit here (though I am thoroughly frightened by Alexa’s legs). Everyone here looks tasteful and somewhat safe.

23. ZH July 5, 2012 at 07:12 #

Hey FC! I just saw you are on fashiontv right now. At a photoshoot and explaining what your model is wearing. Which is beautiful btw. Congrats!

• Fashion Critic July 5, 2012 at 10:54 #

Oh…I still haven’t seen it… that was from the Luisa via Roma event

• ZH July 5, 2012 at 12:19 #

Well, you looked very good and did a splendid job!

24. nokia July 5, 2012 at 09:14 #

Nooo, i love dianes styling here the most. Looks so fresh chic and very parisian.

25. dee July 5, 2012 at 14:07 #

I love Poppy’s look.

26. Raquel July 5, 2012 at 21:20 #

I actually love Mila’s look because even tough it is on the girlie side, she doesn’t look childish.

27. Jess2 July 7, 2012 at 05:52 #

I actually really like Mila’s look. I really love each of the pieces that went into this look and I think they all work well together. I also like Clemence’s look, I think her dress is divine and I also really like Diane’s dress.