Christina Hendricks In Atelier Versace – Atelier Versace Fall 2012 Fashion Show

Christina Hendricks made the trip overseas to attend the Atelier Versace Fall 2012 presentation, held at the Ritz-Carlton in Paris, France, on Sunday evening.

She was the surprise guest considering she hasn’t worn Versace on the red carpet before, but that changed as she donned an Atelier Versace Spring 2012 mini dress for this occasion.

The ‘Mad Men’ actress wore a black blazer over her custom-made laser-cut gold leather dress with gold beading and gold metallic inserts.

Christina styled her ensemble with a metallic gold rectangle clutch and metallic silver strappy sandals.

I can’t say I like the look, mixing of metals aside.

Christina doesn’t look comfortable and the blazer takes away the sexiness, which is ironic considering Versace is all about being sexy.

I’m also not a fan of the hair and makeup. It’s a no all-round for me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

2012 BET Awards

2012 BET Awards

Marisa Tomei In Roksanda Ilincic – Berluti Private Dinner

Marisa Tomei In Roksanda Ilincic – Berluti Private Dinner

19 Responses to Christina Hendricks In Atelier Versace – Atelier Versace Fall 2012 Fashion Show

1. Alina July 2, 2012 at 11:26 #

It’s a no for me too.

• Jess2 July 2, 2012 at 12:17 #

• Yeliz July 2, 2012 at 21:09 #

2. Beta July 2, 2012 at 11:29 #

christina has a figure to die for, but I agree this is not her best styling
    in particular those sandals

3. vicky July 2, 2012 at 12:02 #

She doesn’t look comfortable and I can’t help but feel for her poor feet, they look painful!
    (what women do for fashion..)

• cascia July 2, 2012 at 16:50 #

4. Fiona July 2, 2012 at 12:12 #

The whole picture says uncomfortable to me, she looks excrutiatingly ill at ease in this dress, don’t get me started on the sandals. Perhaps this is why she often wears lower heeled boring shoes as she has a bunion. Did she put the jacket on because she didn’t like the dress or the fit? She needs to go to see Dita von Tease and get help with fitting her figure and embracing the retro thing she does so well on Mad Men.

5. Lara July 2, 2012 at 12:26 #

After seeing her feet in those sandals, I had to click back to past posts of her. No wonder she never wears sandals! My own feet aches for hers! That aside, the Versace aesthetic just does not suit her. As much as I love her curves, they do not work with this style of dress. Everything just looks forced, and painfully so.

6. dee July 2, 2012 at 13:51 #

Sometimes I wish I was Christina’s stylist. She has a great figure but she often wears things that don’t flatter her.

7. Christine July 2, 2012 at 14:28 #

What’s the point of wearing Versace with a blazer?

She does look a bit uncomfortable. This look is throwing me off with the blazer and I am not a fan of the overall look.

8. rebecca o July 2, 2012 at 14:43 #

Why would you wear that boring jacket over that dress? She looks so uncomfortable, from head to toe.

9. katie July 2, 2012 at 15:15 #

Eekk this look is not working on her at all, like you said FC Versace is the epitome of sexiness, its ruined on this occasion

10. emily July 2, 2012 at 16:51 #

srsly can she breathe? it looks too tight

11. MEME July 2, 2012 at 16:59 #

I know this is a fashion blog…. but she needs to dial 9-1-1 for them feet…. OUCH!!!….

12. Francois B July 3, 2012 at 00:12 #

Why ruining a couture dress under a black blazer? WHYYYY???!!!!

13. Sharon July 3, 2012 at 00:49 #

You’d think that knowing the “custom-made” label would be attached to this look, Versace would have done a better job of actually customizing the dress for Christine. Didn’t they notice that her bra was showing? I agree that she looks uncomfortable and I feel so bad for her (having been there myself).

In addition to everything else, the gold color is not at all flattering against her pale skin. Whoever said that she should contact Dita von Teese was right. A lovely curvy shape like Christine’s deserves better.

14. Parvati July 3, 2012 at 02:19 #

The fit of the dress looks really tight and that blazer should never be worn over a Versace dress.

15. Emi July 3, 2012 at 10:26 #

Terrible from head to toe, especially the toes… poor feet, I love heels and I hope my feet won’t become like hers… Why covering such a dress with a blazer?

16. shoegal July 3, 2012 at 16:12 #

I bet you ANYTHING that they couldn’t get the zipper all the way closed and that’s why they needed to cover the back with a blazer.