Brandy Norwood In Balmain – 2012 BET Awards

Brandy Norwood attended the 2012 BET Awards in LA yesterday evening.

The singer had many functions on the night. Aside from walking the red carpet, she also performed and presented an award.

With so much going on it appears she forgot something.

She wore a satin Balmain Spring 2012 blouse with gold tone metal and clear rhinestone embroidery, but no pants.

It amazes me how Brandy made a shirt which cost approx $4,000 look so cheap.

Sorelina and Soffer Ari jewels plus black pumps with a gold padlock completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Jessica Alba's Current/Elliott Leopard Print Stiletto Jeans

Jessica Alba’s Current/Elliott Leopard Print Stiletto Jeans

43 Responses to Brandy Norwood In Balmain – 2012 BET Awards

1. robbie July 2, 2012 at 20:51 #

was looking so good til it came to the hemline, that really is way too short. it is a beautiful piece if it was a few inches longer it would be great.

• Valeria July 3, 2012 at 04:44 #

I agree, a couple inches longer and belted would have looked good as a dress

2. J July 2, 2012 at 20:55 #

I actually think she looks great. It IS the BET awards after all.

• P. July 2, 2012 at 22:10 #

So do I. The blouse didn’t look like a blouse, but like a mini dress. And it’s not that short. Despite all the divergent thoughts, she looks undeanibly beautiful. I really appreciate when people really want to be there, not just being there for commitment or obligation with that moody face (#kstewart feelings).

• TL July 3, 2012 at 00:04 #

+1 I think she looks amazing too

3. Maria July 2, 2012 at 21:52 #

She looks great! It’s time she shows those legs!

4. bas July 2, 2012 at 22:14 #

I totally agree FC, she looks really cheap.

5. Yeliz July 2, 2012 at 22:31 #

The idea of this look is good, but it’s way too short.

A little disappointed by the RC looks today. Since it’s my birthday, I wanted to wish someone to be in this week’s poll, but nothing worthy yet. :(

• Fashion Critic July 2, 2012 at 22:33 #

Happy Birthday x

• Yeliz July 2, 2012 at 23:04 #

6. Fab from thesolepursesuit.com July 2, 2012 at 22:32 #

if you’ve got it, flaunt it. And she def. does. She is not showing boob. Just leg. She’s at an awards show. It is appropriate. Beyonce could not wear this. Brandy can because of her body type.

7. Jeremy July 2, 2012 at 22:42 #

Maybe she can only afford the shirt…

• Nadine July 2, 2012 at 23:43 #

I hate it when that happens.

• James July 3, 2012 at 04:13 #

Shes worth more than 60million..im sure she could afford the rest if she wanted it.

8. Marybeth July 2, 2012 at 22:50 #

NO. If she wants to wear short-shorts or a super-mini to “flaunt it,” that’s one thing. But this is a shirt and looks like a shirt, which means she looks like she is missing half her outfit.
    It’s not just tacky, it’s an artistic disaster.

Shame, too, because the shirt is gorgeous.

• Parvati July 3, 2012 at 02:55 #

You couldn’t have said it better!

• Alina July 3, 2012 at 06:50 #

DITTO.

• Christine July 3, 2012 at 14:09 #

Preach.

• Beatrise Louise Windsor July 4, 2012 at 05:11 #

This is obviously a SHIRTDRESS!!! The back and front of this dress is way too long to tuck in any short, pant, or skirt!! The rhinestones and beading on this shirt wouldn’t even allow it. She looks amazing and those legs don’t stop! Kudos to the stylist!

9. Leyla July 2, 2012 at 23:50 #

I actually like this look. this blouse looks like mini dress and looks good on her. liked the whole outfit

10. MEME July 3, 2012 at 00:23 #

“It amazes me how Brandy made a shirt which cost approx $4,000 look so cheap.”

LOL… of FC… you and those one liners….

I think she looks aiight…. for the BET Awards…. I wish she would’ve made it look like a dress though…..

11. EmmaWoodhouse July 3, 2012 at 00:47 #

I was gone for a couple weeks without a lot of internet access and I missed this blog SO much! I just went back and read about 30 pages that I’d missed and enjoyed them so much. Thanks for the amazing coverage, FC! :)

• Fashion Critic July 3, 2012 at 05:15 #

30 pages??? You have been away for a while. Welcome back

• EmmaWoodhouse July 3, 2012 at 18:22 #

Thanks! It was too long to be gone! :D

12. EmmaWoodhouse July 3, 2012 at 00:48 #

As a shirt with a long black maxi skirt (sans slit) this could’ve worked. But not as a nightshirt. Incredibly cheap.

13. Monkey July 3, 2012 at 02:33 #

Maybe a pair of black formal shorts could have completed the look.

14. Parvati July 3, 2012 at 02:55 #

She apparently thought that this shirt could pass as a mini dress, but she was wrong. The only thing I can think about is that she forgot to wear pants.

15. James July 3, 2012 at 04:10 #

Brandy looks FLAWLESS! She is showing a ore mature and sexy side of herself..not to mention shes 33 and looks like a working model..and this shirt/dress thing she is wearing is just as short as the dress she wore at the BB awards..

16. Dashawn July 3, 2012 at 05:50 #

There is nothing cheap about Brandy’s look. She’s rocking a blouse that from the comments all of you can’t even afford let alone wear. Who ever her styling team is did a fabulous job. She didn’t over due it with the accessories. And her make is flawless and her hair is so pretty. I love that her team is going for a very high end sexy chic image for her and she’s rocking it pretty damn good if you ask me.

• Fashion Critic July 3, 2012 at 09:46 #

No you are right I can’t afford a $4,000 shirt. It doesn’t make me or any of my readers less of a person and it most certainly doesn’t mean just because Brandy can afford it that she should wear it in such a tacky way.

She looks ridiculous

17. cherrysoftness July 3, 2012 at 06:04 #

She still looks beautiful, but… This might be a new take on the “pajama trend” – sleeping in your boyfriend’s fancy shirt.

18. Beta July 3, 2012 at 08:23 #

the price is not the value of something
    (this is a critique to Very overpriced balmain)

19. deidah July 3, 2012 at 08:50 #

Brandy looks like a supermodel! She wears it just like a supermodel would. The pic only shows us the length in the front but it actually ends just above the knee in the back.

Beautiful detailing and simple accessories finish the look. Amazing Brandy.

20. pat guimba July 3, 2012 at 09:20 #

Wearing it as a shirtdress is perfect, but the length is just a tad too short.

Hi FC! Was it you that I just saw on FTV? You were wearing a green dress and describing the outfit of another lady. Stunning.

• Fashion Critic July 3, 2012 at 09:28 #

Damn I missed it. thanks. I will have to look out for it now.

21. Jojo July 3, 2012 at 14:26 #

She looks amazing! All around glamorous! I need to know who those shoes are by with the lock on them!!!

22. Beatrice Louise Windsor July 3, 2012 at 18:31 #

I think everyone should be reminded that it was for an award show – not the streets. I think she looks damn good. It’s the BET Awards!! The runway look does not work in real life, that look would drown a normal woman. The back of this SHIRTDRESS goes way past the thigh. Loosen up people – she’s young, hot and has amazing legs for this. She pulled it off with an excellent pair of LOCK and KEY Tom Ford patent leather stilettos. Give her a break, please!! Nothing trashy at all she’s covered everything an has her legs out – are you all kidding!!!!?

She killed it!! Much like Miley Cyrus at the Billboards – the blazer dress, these girls are having fun with fashion!!

23. Dida Boules July 3, 2012 at 18:36 #

The back of this look almost touches the back of her knees. No kne can tuck that amount of beaded fabric into a pant shirt or skirt. It’s meant to be a SHIRTDRESS – the runway looks are often reimaged after production. This look obviously was and she look amazing in it – she is at an Awards Show!

She worked this look!!!

24. dee July 3, 2012 at 18:53 #

yea, she did forget something, her pants perhaps?

25. Mudanma July 3, 2012 at 18:55 #

She look so bad ! it’s such a shame and so awful i can’t believe you would do that to Pierre Balmain !! Like really ???!! WTF The runway look is perfect and she made look Balmain like it was a cheap brand! I love this brand but damn if those stars don’t know how to dress properly then don’t choose such an iconic designer

• Beatrise Louise Windsor July 4, 2012 at 05:18 #

Get real!! This is actually from the main line BALMAIN – and if you actually study the look it a beaded shirt dress that’s rather long in the back – you can’t tuck that amount of fabric in any skirt or short!!

Loosen up – she rocked the hell out of this look!!!

• mudanma July 4, 2012 at 14:20 #

BTW the runway look is perfect for an award show since it’s very urban but very chic and well adjusted, now you can give your opinion but accept that not everyone think like you do !

26. Natalie19 July 4, 2012 at 16:23 #

Mama mia!!

On the runway the shirt look to die for!! So exquisite, so luxurious!!

And on /brandy it looks like Pj……